• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Are you thinking about what you bought? 10/14 - SPOILERS

3) My favorite of all: Thor decides he misses Loki sooooooooooo much that he's gonna resurrect him! I am not kidding. Fraction actually has Thor fly up and try to resurrect Loki. Given that there's a very Loki-esque kid on the cover of the next issue, he apparently succeeds, too. I'm pretty sure everyone on here knows I'm all about the brotherly love between Thor and Loki, deep and repressed though it may be. But even I can't think of any conceivable scenario where Thor would be so colossally stupid as to resurrect Loki after he was just killed due to his own machinations that destroyed all of Asgard.

This is the dumbest plot point I've heard of in a long time.

But it's Matt Fraction and the suits at Marvel like him 'cause he sells comics, so it must be good! :awesome:

God, I miss the Knaufs' Iron Man comic. :csad:

Sorry excuse to bring Batman back from the dead? He's never been dead. Also, he's hasn't really been in "disguise". That would require him having knowledge of his identity, in order to conceal it. From reading your little blurb about the issue, it seems that either you didn't read the issue at all, or didn't understand/bother to figure out the story.

EDIT: Yep....he's shown to be alive at the end of Final Crisis, something I completely forgot. The idea of it all still bugs the crap out of me; and, like I said, I have severely hated the false Batman and the "Omega Energy" explanation of things. I cannot buy the idea that Darkseid was so knowledgable about Batman trying to kill him that he could set it all up. I'm glad you enjoy it though. I don't.

But, in Road Home, he is in disguise. Stephanie is trying to figure out who he is...until the moment at the end when he reveals himself. (He doesn't even look anything like Batman.) He even talks to Alfred and says he doesn't want to reveal himself to others, like Oracle, yet. (It seems to me like you combined my review of The Return Of Bruce Wayne with my review of The Road Home.)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's immediately at the end of FC that Bats is revealed to actually be fartzing through time or whatever that's about.

Not that I'm saying that isn't still pretty dumb.

EDIT: Like isn't the last page of him in caveman times or some ****? I could be misremebembmering.

But it's Matt Fraction and the suits at Marvel like him 'cause he sells comics, so it must be good! :awesome:

Nah, still dumb. :awesome:

EDIT: I was going to revise my "dumbest plot point in a long time" because of OMIT but then I decided that OMIT was really just rehashing OMBND's terrible plot device so the Thor thing is at least the worst since then.

Also as I'm sitting here thinking of it OMBNDMIT is really more a couple of dumb plot devices that are welded together to achieve truly white-hot searing dumb but "Thor resurrects Loki" packs a greater amount of stupid into a single irreducible particle of plot.

Yeah. Like I said (and I keep saying it in the vain hope that it will somehow make it true), there's gotta be something going on that's affecting Thor's judgment or personality somehow. 'Cause if this is actually just how Fraction thinks Thor is, this is gonna be the worst Thor run since Warren Ellis'. :csad:

I'm pretty sure it's immediately at the end of FC that Bats is revealed to actually be fartzing through time or whatever that's about.

Not that I'm saying that isn't still pretty dumb.

EDIT: Like isn't the last page of him in caveman times or some ****? I could be misremebembmering.

I don't recall that...but, let me go grab that comic from my collection.

Ok...

Yep...I stand corrected! We do see some guy in a cave sketching a bat on the wall.

Same bat that Tim "I believe Batman is alive despite all evidence to the contrary because of my recently acquired abandonment issues" Drake finds in the present. Bruce drew that s*** to last. :awesome:

Same bat that Tim "I believe Batman is alive despite all evidence to the contrary because of my recently acquired abandonment issues" Drake finds in the present. Bruce drew that s*** to last. :awesome:

Ugggg...my other gripe. I hate Damien as the new Robin, and I know some of you guys really like Red Robin; but, I like Tim the way he used to be. Heck, he used to be a kid, and now he's (I don't know) somewhere around 18?? I can never figure out how the comic companies age these characters. In the X-Men, Cyclops and crew all appear to be about the same age as they were in the 80's, yet Kitty Pryde gained about 10 years, and the Original New Mutants are old enough to walk into a bar and have a beer. The Teen Titans aren't teens any longer; yet, Bruce Wayne, Lois Lane, and company all seem about the same age.

I guess only kids age in comics.

Yeah, basically. Kids grow into young adults but never really get to the same age as their mentors while their mentors just never age anymore. It's awkward, but I'm used to it.

You might want to try Red Robin's current issues if you're not already reading them, though. The main reason I like the series under Fabian Niceiza is precisely because he writes Tim the way he used to be in his heyday as Robin, before he had to deal with the deaths of about 70% of everyone he knew for like 5 years. He's still a bit grimmer in RR, but Niceiza's struck a nice balance with how a person would logically change after so much death and Tim's original, light-hearted personality. He's not a massive downer to read anymore, at least.

I've been reading it..and, can't remember if I finally dropped it from my pull list or not. Even with the new direction, I still am not that crazy for the title. It's better; but, I found if I missed it, it didn't bother me in the least. I kind of feel the same way about Batgirl. It's just something keeps me with that title more than Red Robin's. (Could be that I own every issue of Batgirl, but I'm missing about 50 issues of my Robin's.)

Getting ready for the new week, especially since I have a day off from subbing, and I couldn't believe the amount of comics I didn't get to this week. I don't think I read a single X-title, even.

Bruce Wayne: The Road Home - Robin One-Shot

They really should have just made these books part of the central character's regular series, as I mentioned before, they are just promotional pieces for them. If you haven't been reading Red Robin for a while (and, I do think I haven't for about 2 issues), this book catches you up with what's been going on, as Batman continues to catch up on all the different characters and groups in his universe. (Difference with this issue is he's actually working with Tim.)

After reading this book, it's still not for me. Part of me likes the "hit list" idea; but, the execution leaves much to be desired. :dry:

Bruce Wayne: The Road Home - Outsiders One-Shot

I dropped this title about four issues ago, and it appears things haven't gotten any better. (In fact, it seems like the new direction will be going back to the old direction soon enough.) That's my problem with this book. It's ALWAYS looking for a new direction, and it lack a good identity. I care nothing for the characters, and it's one of those loosely based in Batman's world. :dry:

I Am An Avenger #2

So many of these short stories are sentimental junk we've read before. That's what I felt about the first story that takes up half this book, featuring Captain America. Haven't we read it all before? Did anyone get choked up??

The second story was much more interesting, and has me wanting to find out what happens next. I love the original New Warriors, and getting Firestar and Justice back together to work through their issues is nicely done.

I liked Tobin's 2-pager featuring Jarvis. It was kind of cute. But, the final one-page story wasn't even humorous. (Plus, I think we've seen the eating contest recently in some other book.) :yay: for New Warriors and Jarvis, but :dry: for the other two.

Oh...and, this book felt really small for the high $3.99 price tag. Marvel should really be ashamed of themselves to giving us so little at that high price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"