Argylle

Just curious, but why do so many spy movies and shows seem to revolve around a spy
losing their memory? They did that on Citadel too, although at least in that show, it was an intentional memory wipe thing instead of “spy goes on mission and suffers brain damage.” But anyway, it’s like Bourne and Long Kiss Goodnight did it and now every spy needs to lose their memory. It’s so tired. Do something else.

Probably has to do with the audience's relatability and having us think how cool it would be if someone normal and average was actually a spy.

Probably has to do with the audience's relatability and having us think how cool it would be if someone normal and average was actually a spy.

I guess. But I think in this case, it would have been more interesting if
Ellie actually was just a really good writer who had this ability to envision brilliant spy schemes through years of research and just good intuition. Instead, it was just another Long Kiss Goodnight/Bourne ripoff.

I guess. But I think in this case, it would have been more interesting if
Ellie actually was just a really good writer who had this ability to envision brilliant spy schemes through years of research and just good intuition. Instead, it was just another Long Kiss Goodnight/Bourne ripoff.

But that means they have to write a smart script. :o

I was enjoying this until the last 30 minutes, with the dance-action scene, skating scene, the cat suddenly scratching the villain in the face and the music box finale.

This had too much stuff in it. Also plenty of dodgy vfx especially the final 30 minutes, it was distracting. The casting could have been a lot of better especially the two leads.

And they shouldn't have tied this with Kingsman, especially two actors were in the first Kingsman movie and their characters were killed in that movie.... it didn't make sense.

The Double Toasted Bad Movie Roast for this is up. :funny: The cracks about Cavill’s hair and wardrobe are the best. “He looks like Dracula and Frankenstein at the same time!”

Also, I like Bryce Dallas Howard, but maybe she should just give up on starring in (attempted) blockbuster movies. It’s not her fault but goddamn, she always winds up as poorly written characters in these movies (Jurassic World, Spider-Man 3, Terminator Salvation and now this movie). I feel bad for her.

The Double Toasted Bad Movie Roast for this is up. :funny: The cracks about Cavill’s hair and wardrobe are the best. “He looks like Dracula and Frankenstein at the same time!”

Also, I like Bryce Dallas Howard, but maybe she should just give up on starring in (attempted) blockbuster movies. It’s not her fault but goddamn, she always winds up as poorly written characters in these movies (Jurassic World, Spider-Man 3, Terminator Salvation and now this movie). I feel bad for her.

I like Bryce Dallas Howard but the more I see of her, the more I wonder if she has much acting range. She always seems to have this jittery-nervous-but-capable demeanour, and I’m not sure if that’s her baseline when it comes to acting or if she’s typecast that way. Maybe I need to watch more of her films.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"