• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers Armageddon - Rise of The Machines

CFlash

Sidekick
Reaction score
Putting aside your desire to see ANY "Transformers" movie on the big screen and judging from the info you have read and statements from the creators and the recent script review (which does seem to jive with what the creators have said) do you think this movie is REALLY a "Transformers" movie? or is it something else?

So much has been changed
1) Energon Cube search rather than a rape of Earth's natural resources.
2) Midget Soundwave. A huge Soundwave is hard for an audience to understand but a "Quest for The Esoteric Energon Cube" isn't?
3) A non-talking BumbleBee
4) A camaro BumbleBee to boot? ... a set-up for the inevitable drag race.
5) No Ark. No Teletran 1. No scout droid that reconditioned the robots to mimic mechanical things on Earth.
6) Barely recognizable Decepticons.
7) Flying vs. Ground (Decept vs. Bot) disparity abolished.

...And many other things.

Given that so many elements are different, should the movie be called something else? Vote now!

I'm with you man. It just sucks to be a fan and see the source material ignored so pointlessly. I mean would it really be that hard to stick close to the comics and toons.

The worst part is that there are so many small-minded haters who talk trash about the Transformers and this movie might prove them right. :(

I voted for : Armageddon-Rise of the Machines

It just seems to have more substance then just /Transformers:TheMovie (blah)

Armegeddon rise of the Machines - seems to have more depth and clarity.

It is as if it is really happening - after all they are creating a RL take on Transformers!

It should seem Real - when we are exposed to meeting them on the Big Screen!

At least I hope it is like that :)

Armageddon: Rise of the Machines wouldnt work names already titles of films
Armageddon- Ben Affleck flick
Rise of Machines-T3

THey need something new

I just voted Transformers. I dont care anymore. I'm done. through, no matter what we do they are gona **** it up. I dont care anymore.

blind_fury said:
I'm with you man. It just sucks to be a fan and see the source material ignored so pointlessly. I mean would it really be that hard to stick close to the comics and toons.

The worst part is that there are so many small-minded haters who talk trash about the Transformers and this movie might prove them right. :(

Personally, I enjoy new stories that are true to the spirit of the source material and charcters therein, but offers as much originality as possible. I'm just not interested in seeing the sames stories retold over and over with different looks. As is the case with Bumblebee. I don't mind him going Camaro.

Now what I would prefer to see is the pilaging of Earth is some respect, and definitely to recognition of the Ark.

That said, I don't know much about the plot or script, so I'll wait it out before getting bent.

ragdus said:
Personally, I enjoy new stories that are true to the spirit of the source material and charcters therein, but offers as much originality as possible. I'm just not interested in seeing the sames stories retold over and over with different looks. As is the case with Bumblebee. I don't mind him going Camaro.

Now what I would prefer to see is the pilaging of Earth is some respect, and definitely to recognition of the Ark.

So how do you draw the line? You care about the Ark... but not Bumblebee? Well, maybe my girlfriend cares about Bumblebee and not the Ark. Maybe my little kid idolizes Bumblebee as the little-hatchback-that could not a hot-rod racer (yawn). The question is: At what point would one decide to make Frodo a giant cyclops?

Where do I draw the line? I state what I prefer, but I don't go postal if it's not what I get.

PS- your kid doesn't care if Bumblebee hotrods or not. He might care for 3 or 4 seconds when he realizes Bumblebee doesn't look like he expects as a car, but then he'll go robot and your kid will love it and not care anymore.

CFlash said:
So how do you draw the line? You care about the Ark... but not Bumblebee? Well, maybe my girlfriend cares about Bumblebee and not the Ark. Maybe my little kid idolizes Bumblebee as the little-hatchback-that could not a hot-rod racer (yawn). The question is: At what point would one decide to make Frodo a giant cyclops?

The line is drawn like this:
"What works in the film translation best? How can we use the best designs possible while not going too off-the-wall? How can we appeal to our audience while giving the fans nods to try to make them a bit happy?"

That's the line they (movie producers, director, art designers) look at.

ragdus said:
Where do I draw the line? I state what I prefer, but I don't go postal if it's not what I get.

PS- your kid doesn't care if Bumblebee hotrods or not. He might care for 3 or 4 seconds when he realizes Bumblebee doesn't look like he expects as a car, but then he'll go robot and your kid will love it and not care anymore.

You don't know my kid. She's not that dumb.

It has nothing to do with intelligence. It has everything to do with kids not thinking everything must be one way and one way only. Kids are far more open minded and willing to accept change than adults.

ragdus said:
It has nothing to do with intelligence. It has everything to do with kids not thinking everything must be one way and one way only. Kids are far more open minded and willing to accept change than adults.

Must explain why she asked me to turn off Godzilla '98 and if she could go play in her room. Same kid that has sat wide-eyed through a bunch of Godzilla movies while I myself passed out out of boredom. She's barely 8.

Well there's always that small segment of the population that is completely unwilling to compromise or accept anything new or reinterpeted. Your 8 year old isn't going to like Transformers. I'll go see it twice to cover the lost ticket sale.

If people can't accept change then they should just become hermets and live in there fantasy world where nothing happens and grows.Things change get over it. Transformers has been remade many times now and people enjoyed them and still lives strong now.

Also another thing that i've seen from movies based on things with big fan bases.When movies like this happen fans get really worked up thinking this will replace what they grew up with. This movie will never replace G1. Godzilla had the same problem people saw it as a replacement of old big G.I'm a big fan of godzilla and I just thought the remake was a fun movie and didn't hurt anything but hey thats just me.I accept change.Sometimes it works and spmetimes it doesn't.

BigCityBoy said:
All I got to say is this:

TINO

Transformers In Name Only
Just a question but do you say that to every transfomers show or comic that came after G1 from the 80s?

deathshead2 said:
If people can't accept change then they should just become hermets and live in there fantasy world where nothing happens and grows.Things change get over it. Transformers has been remade many times now and people enjoyed them and still lives strong now.

Huh??? Like to explain why sales of Transformers plummeted and went to virtually zero after the Transformers the Movie and the new story line and toys?

And Transformers has NEVER been as popular as it was 84-87. Not even close. Don't lie to yourself. It wasn't even a gradual decline. They died overnight. Kids know quality when they see it. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a much better and intelligently written franchise, put Transformers to shame... and it took over everything (rightfully so).

The worst thing the makers of this movie have done is listen to the pure fanboys... who know every bit of TF from A to Z and thus have no real sense of what made the original a phenomenum rather than the casual Gen-Xer fan who for two or three years were absolutely enthralled with Transformers every day after school.

CFlash said:
The worst thing the makers of this movie have done is listen to the pure fanboys... who know every bit of TF from A to Z and thus have no real sense of what made the original a phenomenum rather than the casual Gen-Xer fan who for two or three years were absolutely enthralled with Transformers every day after school.

What?

That makes no sense.

The worst thing they did was afford themselves the opportunity to draw from the entirety of the Transformers mythology insted of one small segment of it that is becoming increasingly aged and outdated?

I respectfully disagree.

CFlash said:
Huh??? Like to explain why sales of Transformers plummeted and went to virtually zero after the Transformers the Movie and the new story line and toys?

And Transformers has NEVER been as popular as it was 84-87. Not even close. Don't lie to yourself. It wasn't even a gradual decline. They died overnight. Kids know quality when they see it. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a much better and intelligently written franchise, put Transformers to shame... and it took over everything (rightfully so).

Yes and thats why we seem to be geting a movie because it clerly died. Yes Toy lines die down after a few years its the process of life. Look at power rangers when turbo came out the toy sales and rating fell alot but look at the show now its fan base is still huge its owned by one of the richest entertainment company in the world and toy sells are higher than ever and is the number 1 toy with boys.And the don't lie to yourslefy the transfomers toy line still sells well I never said it sales as well when it first came out. I know the toy sales are slipping alot in Japan. But Beast wars toys are selling better.Which it should be sense its much better than G1

deathshead2 said:
Just a question but do you say that to every transfomers show or comic that came after G1 from the 80s?

I remember the producers saying that this was going to be based on the G1 lineup and story elements. But from the looks of things this looks more like a "Michael Bay" movie than a G1 Transformers movie.

By the way, I hate Beast Wars and all the other recent Transformers Cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"