Iron Man Armor revealed!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
New Iron Man Movie Armor Conceptual Design

I've been trying like crazy to dig up more info on the Iron Man armor for the upcoming movie. Previously I posted some rejected concepts for the Iron Man movie armor. Well right now IMDB.com is showing that Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) is handling the visual effects (VFX) for the Iron Man movie. Now pretty much anyone can open an account with IMDB and add info to a page without having to substantiate it, so I don't know if that's real information or just someone being cute and/or speculating on which company will handle the special effects.
I've stated previously here and elsewhere that the armor for the movie would closely resemble the current Iron Man armor in the comic books. As a matter of fact it almost seemed that the recent Ellis/Granov "Extremis" storyline was created in a very cinematic style, with an eye towards the upcoming film.
Well I'm 99% sure that's going to be the case, and here is a conceptual sketch for the armor from a compay that's being considered for the job. I can't say which one, so don't bother asking. :-)

Picture Removed as requested. -Advanced Dark

Current comic book version on the left, conceptual drawing on the right.
(Comparison image from Marvel Comics)​
As you can see, this concept sketch is incredibly similar to the version currently being worn by Tony Stark in the comics right now. The final design will no doubt change from the above rendering, but I'm pretty sure it will fall along those lines.
My opinion? It looks freakin' awesome and that's coming from a long time Iron Man fan. I read the original Bob Layton/David Michelinie run as it was published. :-)
I've also heard a rumour that Stan Winston is working on a real, mechanical version of the armor, so I would think that in the final version the seams won't be as tight as they are shown below since realistically it doesn't seem to allow for movement. Then again mechanical FX are so advanced these days that maybe the suit could look just like it does above and still be functional.
Between the sketch above and talk of Stan Winston on the project, I'm getting ever more stoked about this movie. :-)
Iron Man opens in 2008.

Social bookmark this page! By Vic Holtreman

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=24051

Looks good for a comic but will it work for a live action movie is the real question.

in re the conceptual sketch
HO-LY...
now THAT is what shellheads rmor should look like

I'm a fan of Stan Winston, so its nice to see him involved. He worked on Batman Returns but hasn't really been involved with any other superhero flick.

The concept armor is brilliant. It takes all the best aspects of Granov's pre and post Extremis armors and tweaks them up a notch.

I like it, but I'm not gonna get too jacked up. It says it is CONCEPT art from a company that was BIDDDING for the job. It doesnt say that this is THE concept art from THE company that got the job.
Me rikey, though.

Yea I like to, but this guy sounds kinda like a ****ty source.

Really like it. Looks awesome...

And out of all heroes, IM's costume doesn't really need to change much to fit the screen. Just imagine that concept art build in metal- probably CGI... it would fit right into the film easily.

As for translations- direct Spidey worked, so this Iron Man concept will most likely definitely kick all kinds of ass on screen as well.

I hope that's how the design ends up, it looks perfect :up:

I like the design...it looks great!

I dig it. Especially the old school influenced mask with what looks like sharp corners at the top. Hope the final look is close to this.

There both awesome,but I like the one on the left the best.

I'm I the only one who thinks the suit looks way to advanced for an origin movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"