• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arrow Arrow 4x02 The Candidate

Oliver just needs to pull a Tony Stark and announce to Star City that he is Green Arrow when he wins the election.

Actually Micheal holt says that Oliver jaw doesn't resembles green arrows own.

I know. Hence "passing mention."

Even if that isn't the case in actuality ,its established in the shows universe so they do acknowledge the being able to keep his identity secret,And honestly I could see why holt says it. The jaw does look kind of different when he puts on the hood, but maybe that's just me.

I really don't think it does.

Oliver just needs to pull a Tony Stark and announce to Star City that he is Green Arrow when he wins the election.

I just had a horrible flashback to Smallville straight up ripping off Tony Stark's "I am Iron Man"

I think Laurel dug the body up and is taking it with her as she is going to find out what can be done and if she thinks it's worth the risk there is no point having to travel all the way back and forth again to get the body.

What she finds out and how she acts on it will determine how her actions should be perceived IMO. At this point she is going in hope, much depends on what Nyssa tells her.

As for hiding it from Ollie, Digg is doing the same with his HIVE info, I think Ollie being kept out of the loop by the others will be a theme at the start of the season as the whole team is still burned from his keeping them in the dark about his LOA plan.
yeah well let's not forget about the roy fake out death before he left town back then .Oliver had to take it to a wrong level and didn't explain him self well with Malcolm being is only confidant, partner & Accomplice in his supposed deep cover plan which really wasn't planned well and deep cover is difficult enough as it is.

I get what your saying. but technically they went down this road with hiding stuff from each other last season and it's clear alot was left unresolved with digg and Oliver over this.

I know there will be a focus episode this coming week on their friendship being fixed. but when you think about it , it should take alot longer then that one episode. since it started from that point with Roy's fake death and the "it's hard for you to talk and take the high ground there" with what oliver did when he was fooled and it started with team arrow keeping out of the loop there.

Some how this will be placed on Laural's actions more so then Diggles . So Diggle issue will be brushed over and Larual's (which more current)if Oliver and other's find out out will be all over her with in the show.

Well we'll see how this turns out . but I do expect renewed hate from the fan base sadly. It's a shame if it was done by villain she'd be in the clear. we'd can all avoid what's to come from other that already have issue/ hate from season 1-2.

Last edited:
You're right.
Still, we really don't know exactly what was or wasn't done to the body, after all, it's possible to find doctor who won't report gunshot wounds if you pay them enough. It's not a huge stretch to assume you could find a corrupt funeral director you could bribe to embalm a body on the down low. If Oliver could have connection with the Russian mafia, it's fairly likely he could find such corrupt individuals. In other words, it may be unrealistic, but it's vague enough that it's inconsequential.

I just took it as the show opting not to go for realism since there isn't a net benefit of doing so, not the least of which from a practical and taste perspective.

Another great episode. I hope the writers explain in the next episode, why Laurel wants to bring Sara back, despite seeing the side effects of Thea. I'm thinking she might explain it to Malcolm, when they go to the league's hideout.

NOW BRING SLADE BACK SOON!

I fear that there might not be a great explanation, other than Laurel thinking Sara deserves it, after all the pain she's been through. Even if that means putting her through even more pain, and potentially turning her into a crazed maniac.

Another great episode. I hope the writers explain in the next episode, why Laurel wants to bring Sara back, despite seeing the side effects of Thea.

I don’t know that we need that much explanation. Of course, the classic The Monkey’s Paw has taught us the potential horrors of raising the dead. :eek: But though Thea has some “issues” as a result of the Pit, she’s not a hideous monster. So from Laurel’s perspective, resurrection - on balance - seems to be a good thing.

But she completely skipped over the whole only almost dead part. Thea was in critical condition, but still alive when she went into the Pit. Or maybe she was dead, but not a lot of time has passed before she went into the Pit. Now Laurel wants to try it on her sister, who's been decomposing for over half a year.

I just had a horrible flashback to Smallville straight up ripping off Tony Stark's "I am Iron Man"

I actually kind of liked that. It fits Oliver's character and I like the whole "screw it, I'm done hiding."

But she completely skipped over the whole only almost dead part. Thea was in critical condition, but still alive when she went into the Pit. Or maybe she was dead, but not a lot of time has passed before she went into the Pit. Now Laurel wants to try it on her sister, who's been decomposing for over half a year.

I think it's a decision that would've made a lot more sense if Laurel hadn't been given over a year to cope with Sara's death. That said, I don't think we should underestimate the temptation to be able to bring one of your loved ones back from the dead.

I just took it as the show opting not to go for realism since there isn't a net benefit of doing so, not the least of which from a practical and taste perspective.

True, and I also think if you stick to the realism angle, you limit yourself, especially with a comic book property like this. Lose the fantasy aspect, and you lose a primary reason for the genre's popularity in the first place.

At the same time, though, there should be consistency. They never would've tried to get away with no one recognizing Oliver and Green Arrow as the same person in season one, because they knew back then not to stretch suspension of disbelief too far. Now that Flash is a thing, however, I feel like the writers are starting to think that, because metahumans and time travel exist, they have an excuse to do comparatively less silly things and get away with it.

At the same time, though, there should be consistency. They never would've tried to get away with no one recognizing Oliver and Green Arrow as the same person in season one, because they knew back then not to stretch suspension of disbelief too far. Now that Flash is a thing, however, I feel like the writers are starting to think that, because metahumans and time travel exist, they have an excuse to do comparatively less silly things and get away with it.

The scope of the show has changed, though. With the exception of the earthquake device, most of Season 1 could've feasibly happened in real life. It was just a guy with a bow and arrow shooting guys with guns; he just happened to be an exceptionally good fighter (which is entirely possible in real life, to a certain degree). But by S2, you've introduced a miracle drug that gives super strength and invulnerability to bullets (except head shots), and hinted at a lightning strike giving a guy super powers. So realism really isn't much of an option, anymore.

Then The Flash comes along and any chance of keeping Arrow as a grounded, realistic show goes out the window because of its ties to TF. You have meta-humans, you have a "Fountain of Youth" that can bring people back from the dead, etc. They've given up on S1's idea of this being something that could conceivably happen in real life, and gone with a more "comic book" tone. And that's okay. I'm just saying, things that in S1 would be considered stupid, we just have to be a little more flexible with now.

The scope of the show has changed, though.

That doesn't excuse poor writing.

So realism really isn't much of an option, anymore.

To an extent. Arrow can't do whatever it wants just because it shares a universe with Flash. Actions that would unquestionably expose Oliver's identity shouldn't be glossed over just because Barry can run faster than the speed of sound.

I'm just saying, things that in S1 would be considered stupid, we just have to be a little more flexible with now.

No, not in all cases.

rated 10 cus i honestly expected the end scene to be the total opposite...

three things

SPEEDY

im loving the JEKYL N HYDE THEA scenario

Felicity
well she is always cute and this situation proves why she is a good character by bringing her injinuety into play ,instead of being a complete CENSORED and allowing the board to bully her .

and lastly

THE END SCENE ....whoever did this idea and will instill another JEKYL N HYDE scenario on the show deserves a raise because i actually believed it was going to happen on LEGENDS.

the only thing i can nitpick on it is the PINKY SWEAR .... he pulled it out of her socket >___> how the heck can her finger be ok the next scene :cmad:

To an extent. Arrow can't do whatever it wants just because it shares a universe with Flash. Actions that would unquestionably expose Oliver's identity shouldn't be glossed over just because Barry can run faster than the speed of sound.

Especially, that speech he gave with the camera closing in on his face- that was totally Oliver Queen!

It was a good episode. Ollie is definitely soft now. He can still interrogate someone, but I get it. Thea was acting crazy. I just hope he can still be season 2ish. Also, am I the only one who thinks its ****ing creep as Hell that Laurel dug up Sara's body? She's gonna carry that on a plane without any confirmation she can bring Sara back?

For the flashbacks, I really wish they waited before he got back on the island because now its gonna be too farfetched for him to leave and come back again. But I have a theory: Amanda is going to be sending him on missions throughout his remaining two years (since he's stated its been 3 years since his shipwreck.) After he foils whatever threat is on the island Amanda sends him on another mission around the world (sooner or later to Russia) and threatens to strand him back on the island if he disobeys orders. This idea would make sense cause I can see it being revealed his fighting skills were developed under Waller. Although I do wonder when is he gonna start growing his full beard. It'd be awesome if he's sent on a mission for Waller wear he has to wear the green jumpsuit (or a prototype of it) as a stealth outfit while he has his full beard. It'd be a great nod to the comics. Even better than the boxing glove arrow.

I'm wondering when we're gonna find out who Dahrk is answering to. It'd be awesome if it was Etrigan the Demon.

the only thing i can nitpick on it is the PINKY SWEAR .... he pulled it out of her socket >___> how the heck can her finger be ok the next scene :cmad:

Uhm... by pulling it back into its socket? Wasn't really paying much attention to the finger, so don't recall any close-ups of it. But to put it in some context, fixing a dislocated finger is a few minutes' job in A&E/casualty and all you really need to do is apply traction +/- ring block local anaesthetic beforehand to be kind.

Especially, that speech he gave with the camera closing in on his face- that was totally Oliver Queen!

Or at the very least it's totally The Arrow being very much alive. :D

Last edited:
Am i the only who didn't like the intro? Yes, the tone in intro has a lighter feel to it, but it sounds cringey, and rushed.

Honestly the "excuse" that was given for why people don't know that Oliver is GA made no sense last season, and it still doesn't. But that's the excuse that the showrunners are going with, so I'll just try and overlook how dumb it is.

After thinking about it (aka writing for the writers) it kinda makes sense for the city to believe Green Arrow is someone completely different from the Arrow because its already been seen in season 2 there were Arrow imposters and we've got a new person in the Speedy/Arsenal get up as well as a new Black Canary. It makes sense.

After thinking about it (aka writing for the writers) it kinda makes sense for the city to believe Green Arrow is someone completely different from the Arrow because its already been seen in season 2 there were Arrow imposters and we've got a new person in the Speedy/Arsenal get up as well as a new Black Canary. It makes sense.

It would make sense if they were sightings from a distance rather than a close-up of the face. It's the same face, mask and voice of The Arrow.

It seems like, since Oliver put on that mask that Barry gave him, the show has forgotten that. In S1/the first part of S2, he at least took steps to conceal his identity. Staying in the shadows whenever possible, keeping his hood up and his head down to try and conceal his face at least a little, using a voice changer (or at least speaking in a different way), etc. But then the attitude seem to become "well he's got a tiny domino mask now, so of course that will fool people. So we don't need to do much of that anymore," or at least not to the same degree anyway.

It would make sense if they were sightings from a distance rather than a close-up of the face. It's the same face, mask and voice of The Arrow.

Have we had prior close-ups of his face when he was the Arrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"