Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 14: "Time of Death" Rate and Review Thread

Oh stop with the "rubbing salt on the wounds" nonsense, because that's what it is, nonsense. How is he "rubbing salt on her wounds" exactly? By pointing out that she's blaming everyone except herself for her life falling apart, even though it's completely her fault.
Is it Oliver or Sara's fault that Laurel is a druggie, no it isn't.
Is it Oliver or Sara's fault that Laurel might get disbarred, no it isn't.
Is it Oliver or Sara's fault that Laurel is treating everyone like crap, no it isn't.
Is it Oliver or Sara's fault that Laurel's screwed up her own life, no it isn't.

NOTHING that has happened to Laurel this season is Oliver or Sara's fault, it's that simple. She brought it all on herself and refuses to acknowledge that. Oliver spoke the truth, period. I'm sorry if you don't want to accept that, but it's true. Oh and he didn't want to go to the dinner because he knew that it was a bad idea. He went because someone that he cared about asked him to. He's not taking anything out of Laurel, he's told her what pretty much everyone has been thinking about her behavior all season. You hating Oliver doesn't automatically make your claims valid, sorry.

Not a chance, you don't get to choose my arguments. He rubbed salt in her wounds by showing up with Sara in couple mode. That's what broke up the Lance family in the first place.

And guess what? Laurel didn't blame Oliver/Sara for all of those things, Produce evidence of when Laurel blamed Oliver & Sara for anything of that crap you posted.

She blamed Oliver for screwing her relationship with Sara in the first place then he ranted about blaming him for the other things WHICH SHE NEVER DID, IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE THEN PROVE IT!!!!!

Editing to add: before the ep aired even the Laurel haters were saying Quentin must have invited him and none of them are crazy enough to defend him going but you are. I once thought you a rational poster, I admit I was wrong about that.

Last edited:
Not it's not. I haven't seen those posters, but they're a minority. There's no double-standard at all. Plus, the situations are completely different.

Total bs, I just smacked down Dr Lee about that the other day. I have done it 5-10 times since October.

They didn't show up in "couple mode". They weren't even open about being a couple. The episode just contrived a reason to have Laurel snap at everyone.

They were couple enough to make goo goo eyes at each other right after Sara said everyone deserves somebody or something like that.

Which was extremely contrived. I didn't buy it at all. It was just a poor excuse to get Laurel to get angry at people again.

Sara was the one who revealed the information, so the blame should go to her. I like her a lot, but she seriously wasn't the brightest crayon in the box in this episode.

I don't even buy she "revealed" information. She makes eye contact with Ollie for like a second and Laurel immediately puts the two-and-two together? I thought that was really contrived. That's some John Blake-level logic.

Which was extremely contrived. I didn't buy it at all. It was just a poor excuse to get Laurel to get angry at people again.

I agree it was contrived and like others have said Quentin should have been the one to chew her out.

Think about this when Oliver found out Laurel was on the prosecution he was nowhere near as mad as at the dinner. It is either terrible writing, Sara and Oliver bringing out the worst in each other or Oliver is crazy, take your pick.

I don't even buy she "revealed" information. She makes eye contact with Ollie for like a second and Laurel immediately puts the two-and-two together? I thought that was really contrived. That's some John Blake-level logic.

She intentionally hinted at what was going on between them, in the middle of a discussion where a lot of important information was coming to light. I think it's pretty fair to say that she wanted someone to figure it out, or at least saw it as an opportunity to give someone an opportunity to figure it out.

However, I do agree with you. The entire situation was contrived. It was something I'd expect from the first season.

I agree it was contrived and like others have said Quentin should have been the one to chew her out.

Think about this when Oliver found out Laurel was on the prosecution he was nowhere near as mad as at the dinner. It is either terrible writing, Sara and Oliver bringing out the worst in each other or Oliver is crazy, take your pick.

It was terrible writing. Everything involving Laurel is just terrible writing.

She intentionally hinted at what was going on between them, in the middle of a discussion where a lot of important information was coming to light. I think it's pretty fair to say that she wanted someone to figure it out, or at least saw it as an opportunity to give someone an opportunity to figure it out.

However, I do agree with you. The entire situation was contrived. It was something I'd expect from the first season.

I don't think she intentionally hinted. Why would she even do that when she knew Laurel would snap?

I thought it was just a poorly done scene to have Laurel get angry.

Total bs, I just smacked down Dr Lee about that the other day. I have done it 5-10 times since October.

What double standard did you 'smackdown' from me?

Too many people want to blame EVERYTHING on anyone but Laurel ATM. They ignore the fact that no one forced her to become an alcoholic or drug addict, nor did they notice that, when she whines about Sara cheating with Oliver (which I have stated before is a legitimate **** up by the two of them), the lovely sister that Laurel was before the gambit had happily screwed over Sara. They also ignore that Laurel was quite happy to drive under the influences of drink &/or drugs.

Some people have mentioned that they would have liked to see Quentin telling Laurel what Oliver had (effectively) and I agree, if TPTB really wanted the Oliver/Laurel confrontation, then at least have Quentin in the background attempting to do the same, but having been beaten by Oliver, have waited his turn or something.

What double standard did you 'smackdown' from me?

Too many people want to blame EVERYTHING on anyone but Laurel ATM. They ignore the fact that no one forced her to become an alcoholic or drug addict, nor did they notice that, when she whines about Sara cheating with Oliver (which I have stated before is a legitimate **** up by the two of them), the lovely sister that Laurel was before the gambit had happily screwed over Sara. They also ignore that Laurel was quite happy to drive under the influences of drink &/or drugs.

Some people have mentioned that they would have liked to see Quentin telling Laurel what Oliver had (effectively) and I agree, if TPTB really wanted the Oliver/Laurel confrontation, then at least have Quentin in the background attempting to do the same, but having been beaten by Oliver, have waited his turn or something.

I got you for 3 false statements about Laurel the other day relating mostly to Tommy. Like others you damn her for that when she tried to reconcile with him as much as Oliver and Quentin tried to help her. Try and fail 2 or 3 times and Oliver(trying with Laurel) is Jesus but Laurel(trying with Tommy) is the Anti Christ.

Editing to add: If you believe Oliver's claim that he loved Laurel for half his life(I don't) then the whole stealing him from Sara is BS. Well it is BS anyway since you cannot call dibs on a potential mate and get an automatic happily ever after which a lot of people seem to think applies in this case.

Take a look back at all I've said... I don't believe you will find me say that Oliver is innocent in this, but that the right blame should be placed at the right feet.

Laurel becoming a alcoholic and a druggie? Laurels fault.
Oliver & Sara cheating on Laurel? Oliver and Sara's fault.
Laurel treating Sara like crap before the island? Laurel's fault.
Quentin becoming an alcoholic? Quentin's fault.
The Lance's marriage collapsing? Quentin & Dinah's fault
Laurel losing her job & potentially being disbarred? Laurel's fault.

So you think it's perfectly okay for a sibling to intentionally hijack another sibling's attempts at hooking up with someone?

Take a look back at all I've said... I don't believe you will find me say that Oliver is innocent in this, but that the right blame should be placed at the right feet.

Laurel becoming a alcoholic and a druggie? Laurels fault.
Oliver & Sara cheating on Laurel? Oliver and Sara's fault.
Laurel treating Sara like crap before the island? Laurel's fault.
Quentin becoming an alcoholic? Quentin's fault.
The Lance's marriage collapsing? Quentin & Dinah's fault
Laurel losing her job & potentially being disbarred? Laurel's fault.

So you think it's perfectly okay for a sibling to intentionally hijack another sibling's attempts at hooking up with someone?

That isn't what you said the other day. Then you claimed Laurel had cheated on Tommy and ****ed over a good man. I could agree with most of what you said above however all we have about Laurel/Sara is Sara's side of a story and one scene in a flashback. And I am sorry Sara come home smiles in Laurel's face and accepts her hug while planning to stab her in the back and I am supposed to believe Laurel is the bad one?

As for the siblings a smaller wrong does not justify a greater one. The previous time I saw TV sisters compete over a man the younger tried calling dibs, the older objected and then they competed for the rest of the ep. They told outrageous lies about each other and after the younger one lost out she never tried anything with her sister's bf even when they were separated. And this younger sister had a legion of character flaws.

I don't think she intentionally hinted. Why would she even do that when she knew Laurel would snap?

I could ask the same thing about inviting Oliver in the first place. Sara was not written intelligently.

And guess what? Laurel didn't blame Oliver/Sara for all of those things, Produce evidence of when Laurel blamed Oliver & Sara for anything of that crap you posted.

She blamed Oliver for screwing her relationship with Sara in the first place then he ranted about blaming him for the other things WHICH SHE NEVER DID, IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE THEN PROVE IT!!!!!

Ya, yelling the phrase "you stole my life" and throwing a glass at them isn't blaming someone at all.

Just to clear that up for you. Telling someone they stole your life is basically saying my current life and all of its problems is because of you.

Last edited:
regnak would be my Exhibit A of Laurel/Katie Cassidy fanboys.

Ya, yelling the phrase "you stole my life" and throwing a glass at them isn't blaming someone at all.

Just to clear that up for you. Telling someone they stole your life is basically saying my current life and all of its problems is because of you.

BS, she blamed her for her family's problems, much of which she caused or at least contributed to as well as Nyssa poisoning her and snatching Dinah which is true.

OK buddy, keep being passionate about the worst character on a fictional CW TV show.

Seriously though is this your top priority every day? Hit up all the Arrow message boards to defend this character?

Kind of sad if it is.

OK buddy, keep being passionate about the worst character on a fictional CW TV show.

Seriously though is this your top priority every day? Hit up all the Arrow message boards to defend this character?

Kind of sad if it is.

No this is the only Arrow board I post on regularly and I freely admit I have trouble letting go of an argument.

Editing to add: And if my OUAT S1 DVDs had arrived I would be watching them instead.

Last edited:
Uh, I just want to say that I didn't see all that much wrong with Laurel ratting Sara out for the party, but that's because we don't have the full context. I'm the type of older brother who'd rat out my sister doing something stupid in a heartbeat because I care for her. And the types of parties Ollie and Tommy went to would seem too frickin' stupid by my standards, let alone the ones I'd hold a younger, more impressionable sibling to.

Now, if we're really suppose to see this as some Machiavellian scheme by Laurel to protect "her man," then yeah, that's stupid. Especially since Laurel usually comes off as the wounded party in the entire Gambit stupidity. I mean, her trust was violated and her heart shattered by this back-story, while her sibling and boyfriend literally went to a Purgatory island to atone. We didn't really need any more drama in that formula.

^ except laurel didn't rat her out to protect her, she did it so she could have a chance with oliver

Last edited:
...you may want to rewrite that.

And I definitely acknowledge the possibility, but I'm not quite paranoid enough to jump straight to that conclusion. Unless the episode did coach it in those terms, I still think there's a chance it was more of a 'keep the kid from making a mistake' thing then a 'yes, my evil scheme to keep those abdominals all to myself is working!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"