Arrow Arrow-Smallville

TJByrum

Captain America Fan
Reaction score
Are the two shows Arrow and Smallville connected in anyway whatsoever?

As an example, the upcoming The Flash is a spin-off of Arrow, which makes the two directly connected to each other; same universe, same events, same characters, everything.

Is Arrow a spin-off of Smallville?

Alright. That's all I needed to know.

>;)

I was never a big Smallville fan, but it's a shame that they are not connected. I could see all the events of Flash and Arrow happening AFTER the conclusion of Smallville... and at some point Tom Welling's Superman could guest star on both their shows, perhaps Flash's show so Superman can teach him how to control his powers...

Arrow > Smallville and I was a Smallville fan. The show should've never became what it did during season 7. It created the expectation of actually seeing Welling as Superman with all that Blur crimefighting stuff and it becoming a Superman show without the title. /End rant

I liked Smallville when it first started but by season 3 or 4 all the freak of the week stuff had worn me down to the point that I just dumped it.

Oliver Queen/ Green Arrow was on Smallville anyway. So they couldn't be connected.

I was never a big Smallville fan, but it's a shame that they are not connected. I could see all the events of Flash and Arrow happening AFTER the conclusion of Smallville... and at some point Tom Welling's Superman could guest star on both their shows, perhaps Flash's show so Superman can teach him how to control his powers...

I think the problem is when they reuse the same characters. Arrow has their own take and doesn't want to rely on Smallville's version.

Arrow > Smallville and I was a Smallville fan. The show should've never became what it did during season 7. It created the expectation of actually seeing Welling as Superman with all that Blur crimefighting stuff and it becoming a Superman show without the title. /End rant

I liked it

I liked it

I would've liked it had they handled the last episode differently. As it stands the shift in season 7 just made us want to see Welling in the suit more, which is the wrong thing to do if you're never going to give us that. They should have just stuck to the original concept of Clark growing up in Smallville and ended the show earlier

The show had its charm... I would still tune in and it was a fun 45 mins of a Superman Story....

Critically, the departure of Michael Rossenbaum really diminished the show's quality...

The bigger the villain the better the hero....

The villain is the most important character. No villain no hero. A hero with no villain is really boring... Lex was well portrayed... they were not shoving up lots big villains like later on and its much more fun seeing them turn from good to bad (Lex and its what actually happens in real life) than the other way around.

Having Lex start out as Clark's friend was really something nice and different to see... seeing how he really became lex luthor was great.

Yeah, kind of interesting how that plays into Arrow, because they keep coming up with some amazing villains. Personally can't wait for the villain to be a good guy, in a strange turn of events, I feel arrow could pull that off.

I believe once upon a time, Arrow was going to be a Smallville spin-off starring Justin Hartley but that got shelved and then they revisited and changed that idea into its own show.

Nevertheless Justin Hartley should cameo in Arrow.

I believe once upon a time, Arrow was going to be a Smallville spin-off starring Justin Hartley but that got shelved and then they revisited and changed that idea into its own show.

There was talk about spinning off Hartley's Green Arrow into his own show shortly after he was introduced in Season 6 of Smallville (2006), but Arrow itself was never even talked about as being a spinoff of Smallville, and Hartley was never even considered to be cast in the role of Oliver Queen.

The show had its charm... I would still tune in and it was a fun 45 mins of a Superman Story....

Critically, the departure of Michael Rossenbaum really diminished the show's quality...

The bigger the villain the better the hero....

The villain is the most important character. No villain no hero. A hero with no villain is really boring... Lex was well portrayed... they were not shoving up lots big villains like later on and its much more fun seeing them turn from good to bad (Lex and its what actually happens in real life) than the other way around.

Having Lex start out as Clark's friend was really something nice and different to see... seeing how he really became lex luthor was great.

The Luthors' (at least Lionel and Lex) and Major Zod were great villains. Up there with, or surpassing, the major villains from Arrow.

Such a shame much of the series wasn't as good. But they did have around 9 years of solid villainy.

If it were possible to have Rosenbaum/Welling back as Lex/Superman for Arrow/Flash I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Arrow is definitely better than a Smallville was (loved that show btw) but of course it is. It's come after, they are able to deal with continiuiy better and are not bound by the laws of Smallville (no flights no tights). I personally think Gotham will have the same hinderances that Smallville had whereas Arrow & the Flash won't suffer.

Arrow is definitely better than a Smallville was (loved that show btw) but of course it is. It's come after, they are able to deal with continiuiy better and are not bound by the laws of Smallville (no flights no tights). I personally think Gotham will have the same hinderances that Smallville had whereas Arrow & the Flash won't suffer.

It's hard comparing the 2 at this point because Smallville lasted 10 seasons and Arrow is just early in it's 3rd season. When you have 10 seasons you are bound to have alot more problems in terms of continuity or trying to find stuff to write(SV had the problem that Clana was like beating a dead horse by those middle seasons).

In terms of comparing the 2 series at this point in time(2 seasons and 5 episodes in) I would say they are close to equal. The only big difference for me would be I really hated the Season final from Smallville's Season 2(that to me was the first episodes I noticed big problems for the show) while I haven't had any major issues with Arrow at this point(Oilicity pandering is my biggest peeve but that is more of a small gripe for me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"