Artist Needed Just For Fun

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I love writing and finding ways to be creative. I'm currently working on a novel and I'm always thinking of new things to do. Now, I've been a comic book fan for 15 years and I've always wondered what it would be like to write one, if for no other reason that just for fun. I have a few ideas, and I'm open to other ideas... so that's where you guys come in.

I was wondering if there's any artists out there who would be willing to colaberate on a project for the fun of it. No pay, no deadline, just for fun. I'd write it, you can draw it. I'd consider it an opertunity for me to try something new, and you can consider it a chance to practice your pencils (or colors or whatever you want to do). I can draw, but not to a calibre that I can draw a whole comic, so I was hoping to get some of you guys to help me out.

I have several ideas in mind, but I'm open to work on something that you'd like to draw. My ideas include a dark future X-Men story focused on Chamber and Penance (from Generation X)... another focused on Multiple Man (based on my take of him from season 2 of the Marvel RPG here on this site... and another that I've just started thinking about based on many of the forgotten characters of the Marvel universe. If you would like to maybe draw this, but would rather it be a story about... say... Venom, or the Runaways, or whatever, that's fine... just let me know.

If there's anyone who's interested then let me know either here or through PM's. If there aren't... then that's okay... it's just a fun idea anyhow.

Thanks guys,
JH

Huh, I'd be willing to give it a try. Do you have a preperation of the script done?

I just started a basic outline for the Penance Chamber idea. I'm usually very detailed in my writing and I'm not sure I like how simple and basic it is, but I can PM it to you so you can get an idea, though keep in mind it isn't set in stone yet. Any chance I can get an example of your art?

JewishHobbit said:
I just started a basic outline for the Penance Chamber idea. I'm usually very detailed in my writing and I'm not sure I like how simple and basic it is, but I can PM it to you so you can get an idea, though keep in mind it isn't set in stone yet. Any chance I can get an example of your art?
Read over the draft, sounds cool! I'll whip up a couple treatment sketches and see how you like em, watch this space.

I'd help but I can't even draw attention to myself.

Well, when I need a stick figure comedy I'll call ya'... deal?

If you get me a ruler, than sure.

clintrussell said:
Seems interesting, PM me. :up:

I think I want to flesh out the ideas I have a little more before I PM anything more. Do you have a preferance on what characters to draw? And can I maybe get an example of your art?

i'd be willing to give it a go!i've got summer holidays coming up i should have some spare time on my hands

Sounds good. Do you have any characters you'd prefur to draw, or do you just want me to stick with one of these ideas I'm thinking on? Also, can I see an example of your work?

http://superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235832
that's my art thread but i'll pm you something slightly better as that's just my superhero based stuff. erm i've only just got into the uncanny xmen comics after watching the series plus evo for years so anything to educate me i'm pouncing on!I've a particular thing for villains lackeys like toad and the stranger looking xmen like nightcrawler but as long as i'm able to find a reference or good description i'll give anything a go!

Just PM me a random superhero/villain and I'll sketch up so you can see.

Man, coming up with an idea is more difficult than I originally thought it'd be. My problem is that I think too big and everything comes out epic. I'm still working on a few ideas. The few I had I wasn't much on, but I think I've found one that I like and I'm still fleshing it out. I'll PM it to whoever's interested when I get the basic idea done, then we'll go from there.

i would like to have a bash at it too if thats ok

(i do the same thing each story i make becomes way to big and way to complex)

Alright, I've decided the storyline that I'm going to go with. For all people who have shown interest in doing the art for this, I have sent you an email with what I'd like you to do next. If anyone comes accross this and are interested in doing the art, post here or PM me and I'll send you the email as well.

Also, if I didn't mention it before... I do plan on posting the comic here when it's drawn and finished for the hype's viewing pleasure. If the artist has a problem with this, then that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"