• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Aspects of Smallville you feel improved the Mythology

Stephen Bender was only 17 at the time, and was meant to be portraying a very young Clark Kent, hence why he was testing out his powers....besides that, what 20 year old do you know is that short & has no facial hair, or even stubble? Stop making up statements. You mine as well admit you are completely wrong between any connection with SV, & SR. Anything that seems similar are coincidences at best, it's not like they sat down & traded ideas.

Last edited:
when did i say there is any connection

You keep trying to find useless connections. For instance, you said that just because Superman came into contact with a plane in SR & because Clark flew up to a plane in SV means they are connected. I guess S:TAS is connected to SR seeing as both versions saved planes. In any case, my point is that SR isn't a direct sequel to the Donner movies, and SV & SR aren't connected at all.

cmmon i said they gave Refrences/NOD

not connected

and SR may not be directe sequel but they have SIMILAR origin story of superman

How is the origin story similar if SR didn't explore his origins?

No, you're confused because you've never had any clue what you were talking about.

lets move away from SR talk and back to smallville.

I'm in the midst of watching the season seven episode "Blue" for the second time & although some people said it was a drastic change, I like that Zor-El was evil & not a goody too shoes like Jor-El. To be honest, I like the idea of the House of El being dysfunctional & not being perfect like they've been in so many other incarnations. I also liked how Zor-El had the technology to increase replicants using the Fortress of Solitude.

The changes of the effects of certain Kryptonite such as red & blue were also nice changes compared to the comics, me thinks.

making kara so hot was the best decision they have done

also i don't mind chloe THAT much

specailly i liked what Sam witter has to say about chloe

"chloe is an outside observer of superman world she is like an eye of audinece who is watching this mythology of superman"

i agree with him

Making Kara hot has improved the mythology? You need to rethink that.

Also, it's Sam Witwer, not witter.

yea smallville's red kryptonsite was a cool change, though i would have loved to see what they would have done with having comics red kryptonite effects.

The effects red kryptonite has in the comics is lame, trust me. In the comics it's turned him into different types of creatures, which I find very lame.

also SV is the 1st live action show on superman which will introduce Legion

i thought red k in the comics and like in lois and clark show it has a different effects each time he cam in contact with it.

well yea it might be a silly idea, but smallville folks probably could have came up with a few good red kryptonite ideals.

Hah! I was waiting to see how long that would take. ;)

Anyhoo, Merry X-Mas everybody. :)

...Oh, and, aspects of SV that improved the Mythology? I dunno. Does casting Tom Welling as Clark Kent count? No? Tough. It did for me. So there. Neener neener. :p

there should be pink kryptonite

which turns kryptonians gay

I personally hope much from Smallville doesn't make the way to the comics but some things that i wouldn't mind

-Black Kryptonite is an interesting idea

-Younger Kents

-Exploring Lex's past and giving insite on his Dad(it doesn't have to exactly be Lionel, but somebody like that)

-Season 1-3 Chloe - basically a girl who works at Clark's school paper and might have a crush on Clark. Being Lois' cousin also opens alot of potential plots as well(although I would have no problem if that aspect was nixed). It would be a good way to explore Clark's start in journalism. I would just keep her role in the story to a minimium though, like Chloe in early seasons hardly got any screentime(ie Pete and Lana should be the 2 most important schoolmates, you can make Chloe a distant 3rd).

That being said Chloe(Season 4-7) being Clark's bff, sidekick, in on Clark's secret, meteor powers, dating Jimmy should all be scraped. There are other characters in the comics who fill those roles(mainly Lana and Pete) and it sort of becomes redunandant having Chloe take those traits in the comics(I feel in alot of ways that Chloe was alot like comic book Lana, with a little Pete and Lucy Lane mixed into the equation). I also don't think having Clark have a "sidekick" did any wonders for Clark's character.

-having a baby who ages 10 years like every 48 hours, just kidding

I stopped watching the show sometime after the Supergirl was introduced and I'm thinking of re-watching the first few seasons - might have more to say after that but I might as well list some pros and cons here that come to mind.

+ Kents and their farm, nice and idyllic
+ Lionel Luthor on Clark's side, the drama between Lex and him
+ Kristin Kreuk, love the wrinkles on her nose when she smiles

- The unused potential of the effect of the meteor shower on the lives of Smallville's people; meaning the non-supernatural stuff
- Pete
- Lex wasn't written good. All they did was spin the initial relationship he and Clark had and that's just plain lazy

Interestingly the series seemed to get smaller and smaller, even if the budget seemed to increase during each season. I like the show quite a bit even if it never was build or written especially ingeniously.

Take that up with Superboy.

[YT]Kn8bMYwz6lU[/YT]

actually black k has made it into the comics already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"