Assassin's Creed: Origins

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
jpg

An off-screen image of the next Assassin's Creed game has popped up on the internet - and three separate Eurogamer sources have confirmed it is indeed legit.

The image was posted to Reddit by user "shoutouttoashraf" (a now-deleted username that looks a lot like a reference to Ashraf Ismail, a Ubisoft staffer who worked on Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and is currently down as working on an unannounced project at Ubisoft Montreal). It depicts a player character on a boat who wields a bow and arrow and wears a shield on their back.

Last week a report by WWG.com claimed the next Assassin's Creed was called Assassin's Creed: Origins and is a series prequel. Eurogamer sources have confirmed this is indeed the name of the game, it is a prequel and it's out later this year for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The image confirms boats return to the series after starring in Black Flag. A story from 2016 by Kotaku revealed the game, then codenamed Empire, would be set in Egypt.

The image also reveals the "Assassinate the Crocodile" mission, and includes the following text: "Follow Shadya to Khenut's villa." Khenut was a Queen of Egypt and the wife of King Unas who lived during the time of the Fifth dynasty of Egypt.

Previously, the good folks at Kotaku indicated that the project’s working title was Assassin’s Creed Empire, and that it would take place in Egypt. Since then, we’ve received new information that suggests the game is now called ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ and is currently scheduled to be revealed at E3 2017.

Our sources suggest that Origins is a vast open world experience taking place in ancient Egypt. The story is rumoured to revolve around the original assassin’s guild and will feature two main characters - a man and a woman.

Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda’s Skyrim. They say that impressions of the project internally are so far positive.

The game will apparently grant the player considerably more freedom, featuring a greater emphasis on exploration over previous entries in the series. One source tells us that this is the biggest Assassin’s Creed the company has ever created and is “huge” in scope. They say that it has been in development for “at least” several years now. Hopefully, it will benefit from this extended development cycle.

Not only is Origins rumoured to boast an explorable ancient Egypt, players will also apparently be able to go beyond it - possibly even as far as Greece. We were told that boats will return in the game, allowing the player to sail the Mediterranean. Naval combat, naturally, is also said to be included.

Another source linked with Ubisoft described to us an internal video they were shown of a teaser for Origins. It apparently began by showing scenes of Egypt, before transitioning between different periods and locations throughout history, including an Asian country, WW2 era France, and a modern day Abstergo Industries facility. It isn’t yet clear whether this video, a blend of gameplay footage and CGI, will be shown to the public in its current form.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-09-sources-leaked-assassins-creed-origins-image-is-legit

*insert tears of joy gif here*

See UbiSoft... this is what happens when you take time and make your games with love and care.

With it being a prequel, I was really hoping it would be a game set completly in the past but everything sounds interesting though

This sounds like the push the franchise needed.

Wait....was there even naval combat in the days of ancient Egypt?

Now the real question is:

Will there or wont there be a modern day abstergo portion of the game, like previous iterations?

Wait....was there even naval combat in the days of ancient Egypt?

Yes. LOL... The Red Sea, Mediterranean Sea, and Nile River are all right there. Some of Alexander's most innovative victories were based on naval warfare and engineering.

Yes. LOL... The Red Sea, Mediterranean Sea, and Nile River are all right there. Some of Alexander's most innovative victories were based on naval warfare and engineering.
hmm ascent Greece and rome was starting to grow . they had mostly Arrows and catapults and they'd use that with oil ed ammunition if they wanted to get creative. and there was simple boarding too. there were small ships and some larger ones too.

seriously all you have to do is watch a movies where they had slave ships too from the old days like Ben her.(I think that was still Rome) it's close enough

hmm ascent Greece and rome was starting to grow . they had mostly Arrows and catapults and they'd use that with oil ed ammunition if they wanted to get creative. and there was simple boarding too. there were small ships and some larger ones too.

Ancient Egypt are like the original hipsters in everything. They were doing it all before it was cool. ****, modern day surgical instruments are based on the tools used for mummification and such.

Everything the Romans stole from the Greeks and Phoenicians were stolen from the Egyptians and Hittites first. Even their damned Gods. Hermes used to be a black dude called Thoth.

Ancient Greek ships had rams that could decimate an enemy ship.

The developing teams always study the past settings to make things accurate as possible. I have faith they've done proper research into ancient egypt and greece as well.

Egypt, naval combat returning, and possibly locations like Greece? So far it sounds like Ubisoft is bringing their A-game, I'm feeling very optimistic about this.

I have been wanting Ancient Egypt for a long time. Sounds good. I hope we can slide down the pyramids. :D

Can't wait for this! I love ocean combat and who doesn't love Egyptian mythology.i hope they don't whitewash it though (although they've been pretty good so far in the series).

I hope we see plenty of crocodiles

Will we meet Moses, witness the parting of the red sea or ride on Noah's Ark? I mean considering the series including actual people from the past like Leonardo DaVinci, George Washington, etc

Fingers crossed this will be good, considering the extended development time. Cautiously optimistic about this.

I remain skeptical.

Likewise, mainly on the whole setting. Ancient Egypt wasn't an area in history I was crazy about AC going to. The revamp on gameplay and progression sound good though.

Will we meet Moses, witness the parting of the red sea or ride on Noah's Ark? I mean considering the series including actual people from the past like Leonardo DaVinci, George Washington, etc

Are you joking?

Are you joking?

Yes of course, don't worry. I was never that big into befriending people from the past and somehow being part of real history like the Civil War or whatever with Washington

Will we have to attack or defend The Temple of Anubis?

I want to climb the great pyramids. A Leap of Faith would be impossible from the top, but I still want to climb them.

If this had been set during the 3rd dynasty I'd have suggested Imhotep (not the dude from the Mummy films, they borrowed his name LOL) for their historical tie-in character. Smart dude.

Were there horses in Egypt back then or just camels? Could be interesting if we get to ride horses in Greece only while just having camels in Egypt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"