WandaVision Assembled: The Making of WandaVision discussion thread

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Thought I'd make a thread just to discuss the new behind the scenes special.

I know it was meant to "evoke the period" or whatever, but I couldn't help but feel for the studio audience stuck in those crappy ass chairs for hours on end, lol. Weird to think Vision's face was blue for all the black & white stuff.

Also amusing how they danced around the "meta"-ness of the Pietro casting.

I know it was meant to "evoke the period" or whatever, but I couldn't help but feel for the studio audience stuck in those crappy ass chairs for hours on end, lol. Weird to think Vision's face was blue for all the black & white stuff.

Can you imagine the potential conversations?
"Aren't these crappy chairs PERIOD ACCURATE"?

Yeah I heard the regular makeup looked too dark when filmed in black and white.

I thought that the special did a great job at showing how they really doubled down on the whole sitcom thing.
This whole project was a very bold move by Marvel.
I hope that they continue to swing at the fences JUST, KEEP GOING FOR IT!

An interesting watch but this was longer than all the episodes. I was hoping the later episodes could've been this length.

I enjoyed seeing the behind the scenes of the 50s episode. I thought we'd get a bit more about the 60s though. Also when they did the music section they completely omitted discussing Agatha All Along. How could they miss such a vital part?

And I was hoping they'd talk about the final Scarlet Witch costume in the last episode. While they showed it, there wasn't any discussion about its design or Lizzie Olsen's thoughts about it whatsoever.

I'm glad she said how much she enjoyed the comic costume though. She mentioned how if she were asked to wear it 7 years ago even in an ironic setting she'd be hesitant. But since then she's climbed on board with the fandom and now the comic costume brought her so much joy. It's good her view on that changed.

Lizzie looked really gorgeous throughout. It was good to see the 50s and 60s costumes in colour. Her magician's assistant outfit was in red like her Scarlet Witch costume.

I'm going to miss the show and seeing Olsen weekly on our screens.

I didn't realize it was an hour long, that was a pleasant surprise. I'm hoping these become a staple for all the shows and maybe even some of the movies.

Lots of cool insight and look behind the scenes of everything. Sure, they could have gone a little more in depth on a lot of things but still really enjoyable. I love seeing all the behind the scenes bits of anything MCU.

Bald Vision with ears is going to give me nightmares though.

I didn't realize it was an hour long, that was a pleasant surprise. I'm hoping these become a staple for all the shows and maybe even some of the movies.
Looking at the official description for "Assembled," it sounds like they plan to do one of these episodes for all their projects going forward. It might even be their blanket replacement for blu-ray extras, since streaming has become the "home media" of choice.

14 photos that show how 'WandaVision' looks without visual effects

Some photos from the special.

604b8ceafea127001886a6e7

604bba8efea127001886a823

604bba8910c8760018b92fcc

604bba6d10c8760018b92fbd

604bba6bfea127001886a813

604bba89fea127001886a821

604bba7110c8760018b92fbe

604bba83fea127001886a81e

604bba75fea127001886a819

604bba8810c8760018b92fcb

604bba8510c8760018b92fc9

604bba92fea127001886a826

604bba7110c8760018b92fbf

604bba8310c8760018b92fc8

604bba7610c8760018b92fc0

Last edited:
I thought that the special did a great job at showing how they really doubled down on the whole sitcom thing.
This whole project was a very bold move by Marvel.
I hope that they continue to swing at the fences JUST, KEEP GOING FOR IT!

Shakman credited Feige/Marvel for pushing the boundaries and being and allowing the creators to be creative in their storytelling on Fatman Beyond.

A few other behind the scenes shots in here slightly different to those shown on Assembled.

Really hope they keep doing these going forward, and wouldn’t mind them revisiting a couple films to make something more like this

Elizabeth Olsen helped clear up a plot point I didn't understand. She was talking about how something has to go wrong with each episode and explained that's why they change eras - it's basically her starting over to fix the thing that went wrong. I think the 80s episode where they had their argument after the credits rolled was meant to illustrate this point, but I completely missed it, so that was good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"