Aubrey Plaza wants to play She-Hulk

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
http://comicbook.com/2014/10/07/aubrey-plaza-wants-to-play-she-hulk/

In the past, Parks and Recreation’s actress Aubrey Plaza has expressed interested repeatedly in playing DC Comics character Catwoman. With Warner Bros. yet to take Plaza up on her request, it looks like she might now be looking to go work for the competition.

In a new interview with SciFiNow, Plaza expressed an interest in playing Marvel Comics character She-Hulk.

“She-Hulk? Oh my god, I would love to be She-Hulk,” said Plaza. “Because I had super-strength? Yes, I want to be She-Hulk. Write that movie and I’ll do it. I would love to be any kind of superhero or person with super-strength.”

Aubrey Plaza recently appeared in the zombie movie Life After Beth.
I'm not sure how serious she is, but sure why not?

I'd be down. Not sure how they'd handle her Hulk form, though. I mean, obviously they've fallen into the tradition of CGI for Bruce, but She Hulk has always been drawn to look more human, besides the green skin of course, which would usually mean relying on the actress herself, and Plaza is a fairly small human.

That being said, wether they just paint her green and have her be stronger than she looks or do some kind of wizardry with camera angles, cgi, make up, or some combination thereof, I honestly wouldn't care. She'd be great for the role.

She could be a decent Jennifer Walters. They'd probably need CGI magic and other movie tricks to turn her into She-Hulk.

Oh my god she would be amazing. Way better than all the supermodels people keep posting in the she hulk thread.

Plus, comedy is important for she hulk.

Make it happen marvel!

Yeah, She-Hulk is an incredibly comedic character, that's often overlooked.

Still, She-Hulk would need to be largely computer generated and life like. That presents a challenge. Do you do it like Avatar, basically? Can you really do comedy as a CGI character, can you feel the other performers while you're in your mo-cap suit?

She-Hulk is a hard as heck movie to make... geez...

They could do it like the new Turtles movie or Apes movies have done it once she turns into She-Hulk, think that could be the best way to do it as I doubt Plaza could put on the muscle mass for the role.

Yeah, I don't think so, April Ludgate.

They could do it like the new Turtles movie or Apes movies have done it once she turns into She-Hulk, think that could be the best way to do it as I doubt Plaza could put on the muscle mass for the role.

The problem with that is that, unlike the Turtles of the Apes, She-Hulk looks entirely human aside from her green skin.

If Aubrey Plaza is willing to bulk up to fitness model standards and wear green body paint every day, why can't she debut in the inevitable Hulk sequel and then get her own Netflix series where she joins the Defenders? She wants the role. It's a character that is popular enough to sustain her own solo series. Marvel should just let her audition and get it over with, just like how Channing Tatum got into Apocalypse by walking right into the office dressed as Gambit, Aubrey Plaza needs to wear green facepaint, walk right onto the Marvel lot and pretend to be She-Hulk. I mean, the only other characters who I can see joining the Defenders are Moon Knight and Punisher so it's not like she'd be eating into anything important.

Plus, with Deadpool over at Fox, She-Hulk is the closest that Marvel Studios have to Wade in the MCU. She-Hulk FTW.

I would rather she hulk just goes straight into her own series to be honest. I bet mark ruffalo will be ok with a cameo in the first episode and then we're golden

I like Aubrey Plaza a lot, I like She Hulk a lot. No, make that love both a lot.

Together? Not sure how to feel.

Not sure about Aubrey. She could be okay as Jennifer Walters. Hopefully she won't be too deadpan though.

As far as her She-Hulk form goes, Movie Reshape is her best friend:

[YT]zXSj4pcl9Ao[/YT]

This would allow her to play the role while giving her added height and muscles in a realistic way and still looking like herself. It would be pretty expensive though and I don't think you could really sustain this for a TV show where she would have to be She-Hulk almost the whole time. Unlike Hulk, She-Hulk doesn't usually keep transforming back and forth between Jennifer and Shulkie but stays in her green form for the majority of the time.

Of course, if Aubrey Plaza can be a candidate, then maybe Abigail Spencer could be one too. :p

I think she's joking around.

But I'd like to see her in the Squirrel Girl costume for the fun of it.

Yeah, I love Aubrey but as She-Hulk... ummm, no.

Love Plaza. Really funny

But I dont think she'd be good for Jennifer Walters/She Hulk

I hate the idea of a cinematic She-Anything. Just focus on other characters instead.

Plus, with Deadpool over at Fox, She-Hulk is the closest that Marvel Studios have to Wade in the MCU.

Huh? Does she literally break the fourth wall or have voices in her head or make bit**in' chimichangas and pancakes? WHAT AM I MISSING? OMG I need more BACK ISSUES!!!!:doh:

Last edited:
lol. i thought the rest of the title was going to go, wasp. did not expect she hulk.

Huh? Does she literally break the fourth wall or have voices in her head or make bit**in' chimichangas and pancakes? WHAT AM I MISSING? OMG I need more BACK ISSUES!!!!:doh:

She-Hulk is known for breaking the fourth wall. But that's only really been in her Sensational She-Hulk comic by John Byrne. Prior to that, and most of the time since, she just operates like any other regular hero, which I prefer. Sensational She-Hulk was just too wacky and whimsical. I think she would've been fine with a tone similar to Fantastic Four or even the She-Hulk graphic novel, both of which Byrne wrote and illustrated at the time. He didn't need to have her break the fourth wall and have these weird adventures just to try to get her book to sell.

I like when she breaks the fourth wall though. If/when they do a series they should totally do that. It worked for secret diary of a london call girl

Well maybe if they did it like House of Cards and how Kevin Spacey talks to the camera sometimes.

They used to do that in Sex and the City in the very early episodes but phased that out. She-Hulk has some elements of SATC, but probably more like Ally McBeal.

I love both Aubrey Plaza and She-Hulk, and I think they are a terrible fit for each other.

Jen Walters can't be someone who comes off as immediately and overtly grumpy. She has to be someone mousy and uncomfortable with anger, who is probably repressing it most of the time because they want to avoid being seen as the "uptight b****", but, when she becomes She-Hulk, is able to let loose and be more free and empowered with, not only her anger, but also her sense of humor and sexuality. The tricky thing is that rarely do contemporary actresses develop the sense of confidence and self-assurance and humor necessary to play a role like She-Hulk until they are, realistically, too old for the part. To me, the ideal She-Hulk in both appearance and personality is probably Julia Louis-Dreyfus, if she weren't some 20 years too old for the part by now.

Of the actresses that aren't too old for the part, I might suggest Anna Kendrick or Alison Brie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"