• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers Avengers in 3D

Still A ThorFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'm not going to spend an extra $5 dollars on my already $13 dollar ticket (NYC) just to see a few things fly toward you in a poor quality anyway. There isn't a real point to 3D if the film isn't an animated one. If you think about it, 3D is just a 2D film that looks out of focus when you don't have the stupid glasses on. When you put them on its not much of a difference.

The only time 3D gets any half way decent praise is if the movie was filmed in 3D in the first place. I expect the Avengers' 3D to be another gimmicky afterthought.

Agh, I don't know! If I don't see it in 3D, I'll wish I had and if I do, it might end up like Thor and I'll wish I hadn't.

Of course I won't.
If ANY english cinema in Vienna is offering 2D showings (which, sadly, is highly unlikely), of course I won't.
But if I have to choose between 3D (OV) and 2D (dubbing) like I had to for THOR and CA:TFA, I might watch it in 3D and feel dirty afterwards.

If I've got a choice, I'll see it in 2D. Like all other movies. 3D is just as much a headachey gimmick in 2011 as it was in 1951. Or 1981. Or...

Nope. I hope they don't litter the cinemas with only 3D sessions, I had to go to 3 different cinemas to find one 2D session of Thor.

If it was shot in native 3D then I'd see it in 3D.

Tron legacy looked great in 3d. And Thor wasn't too bad at all. I'm seeing this film many times, so I'm sure I'll see it in 3d at least once

When Thor came out here in nyc I know the AMC theater purposely put more 3D showings than 2D, hence all the 2D showings were sold out, but not the 3D. I remember the huge crowd in the lobby just hovering around probably thinking 3D or go home? I suspect most went home, 3D is 18 bucks here and if you're not really in love with a movie you're not going to spend that much on it.

I feel if Thor was in 2D only it could've made 75 million over the 65 mil it had opening weekend. For the record I saw it 3 times in 2D. Each day I went it was the same story 2D shows were sold out and they were in small theater rooms.

Agh, I don't know! If I don't see it in 3D, I'll wish I had and if I do, it might end up like Thor and I'll wish I hadn't.

I won't be seeing this in 3D since it wasn't filmed that way.

I agree about Thor. I finally watched it on my friend's 3D TV and kept thinking to myself where in the hell is the 3D??

I don't like it when they post convert to 3D so I´ll be seeing this in 2D if at all possible.

I just watched Thor on Blu-ray and couldn't help but notice how much better everything looked than it did when I saw it in 3D at the theater.

Why didn't they just shoot the movie in 3D? Would it have cost too much?

Post converted 3D as well as 3D movies in general are getting better and better.

The real problem is with some of these theater chains who have yet to get any kind of decent lighting to make sure that the image is bright enough and no so dark. Other than that, I have no issues with this movie being in 3D, as long as they put at the very least as much care into it as they did with the 3D for Thor and Captain America, which I thought came out pretty good for the most part.

3D movies in general are getting better and better.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHBRWAHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

no, they are not. they still suck.

but nice try.

aaaaahhhh, that made my day.

There should be a "meh" option. I'll watch it anyway i can get it.

I'll stick to 2d. I may watch it 5-6 times, but they'll all be in 2d.

I know I'm not the only one who's planning on seeing this movie more than once. There should be a "I'll see it in both" option.

Actually we had no choice here for Thor in 3D, first 2 weeks the theaters HERE only had the 3D. So I'll see either doesn't bother me.

3D really doesn't bother me like it does some around here. The only problem I really have is the need to pay extra for it. I usually watch it both ways and prefer it in 2D but watching it on 3D is tolerable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"