Sequels Avengers Sequel ideas?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
Some characters and story ideas wouldn't work for the first Avengers movie,
What characters do you think should be in the sequel?
Who should be the bad guy, what story should they do?

I have an idea for the sequel that wouldn't work really for the first Avengers movie.
Avengers 1) Introduce all the characters, get to know them and their abilities, and personalities.
I think Loki/ Hulk team up would be good, with Hulk being manipulated by Loki against the Avengers until Loki fights the Avengers himself.

Avengers 2, or 3) Ultron was the bad guy.
While the other films hint at Hank Pym's instability, this film really shows it. We see how insecure he is, how mentally unstable he is, and how he resents his fellow Avengers, and himself. He even has a break down earlier, perhaps.
He feels he is a failure as a scientist, avenger, and husband. He might not be, but he thinks he is.
He builds Ultron, and AI robot. Ultron hates all life on Earth and wants to destroy it, but most of all he hates the Avengers. Especially Hank Pym. Ultron would be a living embodiment of Pym's dark side. While this film would have ultron as the villain, and focus on him, the main focus of the Avengers movie could be Hank Pym.
Ultron, in his plans for destroying the Avengers and all human life, creates robot drones. His greatest weapon is the Vision.
Vision, perhaps near the end of the movie, turns on Ultron very similar to how Ultron turned on Pym.

Its not really plotted out, just some ideas of mine on how a Ultron Avengers movie could go.

I also think that after Avengers 3 they could start with the rotating cast, maybe introduce some characters in Avengers 2 or 3 that would stick around as main cast members in Avengers 4, like Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Vision, Tigra, Falcon, She-Hulk, Hercules, any character who would fit with the stories.

Anyone else have any ideas on Avengers sequals, the characters, stories, coarse the movies would take?

1. Masters of Evil
2. Ultron
3. Kang

1. As a she-geek, I really wanna see more than one female Avenger on the team!
2. For a villain, I'd like the Mandarin. Then you could have the magic rings and the dragon and it wouldn't seem silly because most of the Avengers have magic/super-powers too.

Well, wait and see who's in the first one first.

I really wanna see more than one female Avenger on the team!

I agree, though I understand that they don't want to go with too many characters.

2. For a villain, I'd like the Mandarin. Then you could have the magic rings and the dragon and it wouldn't seem silly because most of the Avengers have magic/super-powers too.

Eh, not really. If you don't count Hulk (who will probably be adversarial to the rest of them) that really only leaves Thor and Iron Man.

1. Yes. Ultron as big baddie for 2
2. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are packed in with X-Men. They had cameos in Wolverine. That said, I would like to see the following members introduced:

Ant-Man/Giant Man
Wasp
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Falcon

The first movie should be based on the Kree Skrull War story arc from 1971 where the Avengers go to the Andromeda Galaxy and battle the Skrulls in a massive space battle and the sequel should be based on the 19-part Operation:Galactic Storm where the Avengers go to the Kree Galaxy through a stargate in the Avengers Quinjet and battle the Kree Empire and the Shi'ar in numerous space battles. Please Paramount! Please do the Kree Skrull War as the first movie and Operation:Galactic Storm as the sequel PLease! Please! Pretty PLeeeeease!

:woot::awesome::woot::yay::hrt:

Perhaps a terrorist organization such as the Hand or HYDRA could stir up some trouble, and ultimately create a threat big enough for even more Avengies to join the crew. Perhaps they get their hands on Pym technology and blueprints, start rolling out the robot ticking timebombs. Mayhaps they set some supervillains out on the world (Abomination did survive Hulk, and I'm assuming he's in SHIELD custody.. do I smell a redemption story for Banner?) to distract the Avengers on some more sinister goal of theirs? I dunno, I guess wait and see how the first movie turns out before planning out the sequel. Maybe then we can start the casting threads for Squirrel Girl as the next female Avenger.

Hi all.

I'm very excited about the Avengers movie. Absolutely cannot wait. I think Marvel are doing a fantastic job with the build up etc.

I actualy love the plot of the Ultimates. I think that would transfer into a movie very well. An alien invasion at some point would be great to see, possibly involving the Fantastic Four as well.

So many possibilities!!!

I actualy love the plot of the Ultimates. I think that would transfer into a movie very well. An alien invasion at some point would be great to see, possibly involving the Fantastic Four as well.

Can't happen. Film rights at another studio.

See below...

Last edited:
Oh lord, PLEASE not Spidey and Wolverine.

What I really want to see: -A few more (real) Avengers. Pym and the Wasp, of course. Maybe Vision?
-The Avengers Mansion (no idea if it or anything like it will pop up in the first movie).
-KANG.

I don't think Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will ever appear in the Avengers.

How about new avengers Wolverine Spiderman maybe after their films are done.

I think the team should consist of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Ant Man, Wasp and Black Widow for the sequel, with maybe Ms. Marvel being set up for a sequel in it.

Villains should be Ultron or Thanos (presuming he's just set up in the first Avengers flick) and Ultron should build Vision to set him up for future films.

How about new avengers Wolverine Spiderman maybe after their films are done.

Sony and FOX own the rights to those characters so Marvel Studios can't use them.

Well, we know the first movie will be Loki, plus whatever else he creates as a distraction, as it was in the comics. An ensemble villain (like the Masters of Evil) require too much screen time to make believable, so they're out. Ultron's a great choice, but I personally would prefer he be a villain for a Giant Man film, since Ultron's story is so fixated on Hank, and making Hank, a new character, the center of a sequel is a bad idea. The thread of the story should hang on the central characters: Fury, Cap, Thor, Iron Man.

An alien invasion is a pretty cool way to do things. Having the Kree and tying in Ms. Marvel could be pretty awesome, and their alien technology can be used to involve other heroes as needed. You still can't have a cast of ten Avengers and make them all feel like real people as opposed to cartoons, but you can add one or two more as part of the storyline.

A third one, if I can imagine such a thing, would probably involve Kang, and be a great way to cap off or bring together all of the Marvel films, period. Good times.

Ultron for me too. With another feamale Avenger please! Ms.Marvel, some how explaining the Kree situation.
I would love love LOVE for there to be a movie cross over some time in the future, which could evenutaly lead up to Civil War and/or Secret Invasion. Though for this to happen, they would either have to reboot or just forget Fantastic Four (Chris Evans). Would love to see a FF reboot, the first one was a complete fail and don't get me STARTED on the second one:doh:
Know this is close to impossible due to contracts. But hey, I can dream my nerdy dreams...

Hi all.

I'm very excited about the Avengers movie. Absolutely cannot wait. I think Marvel are doing a fantastic job with the build up etc.

So many possibilities!!!
There is an alien invasion in the Avengers. Skrulls baby!!!!

In the second one I want Ultron. I hope that the Ant-Man movie is out by then and Ant-Man and Wasp can join the team. However, if Wright isn't able to deliver his flick until the Avengers sequel, I have absolutley no problem if the change Ultrons origin and make Tony his creator instead of Hank.

In the second one I want Ultron. I hope that the Ant-Man movie is out by then and Ant-Man and Wasp can join the team. However, if Wright isn't able to deliver his flick until the Avengers sequel, I have absolutley no problem if the change Ultrons origin and make Tony his creator instead of Hank.

Yanno...

....as much as I consider myself a purist, and as much as I *hate* to see Hank Pym continue to be misunderstood and misrepresented by anyone who's never even bothered to read The Avengers (including, dare I say it, certain writers in the esteemed Bullpen)...I still gotta say that I agree with you.

I wouldn't have any problem with Stark being Ultron's maker at all. As long as they still give Hank his due with the discovery/ manipulation/ control of size-altering Pym Particles. Let Stark be the robotics & armor genius, and give him the "rights" to Ultron, Vision and Jocasta; but make Pym the particle physicist who can grow/shrink anyone and anything.

That would give them both an exclusive "bailiwick" with which they'll always be identified.

I really liked how Avengers:EMH had Pym and Stark both having a hand in Ultron's development. I'd want to see them go that route in the film. Gives them a great source of conflict.

... wouldn't Ultron be the villain for an Ant-Man film?

Anyway, I figure by then they'll include at least a couple of the following: Ant-Man, Wasp, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Luke Cage and Ms. Marvel

If they find some other good villain for Ant-Man somewhere, great, otherwise, Ms. Marvel may lead well into an alien invasion by the Kree. Otherwise, Kang would make a great event villain.

Step 1: Marvel gets the rights to F4
Step 2: Galactus is a bad guy in the Avengers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"