• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Avi Arad Updates Marvel Slate

Here my prediction take it for what it's worth:

Daredevil will be restarted and begin filmin in 2009 for a 2010 release.
Elektra may have a role in the film but I think she's more suited for a R-Rated TV series on HBO or something. Totally recast btw.

Mark your calenders. ;)

THIS time, I'd be very HAPPY if you're right!:cwink:

Elektra may have a role in the film but I think she's more suited for a R-Rated TV series on HBO or something. Totally recast btw.

Mark your calenders. ;)

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I hope you're right. I really wanna see a DD 2. :csad:

And Luke Cage, 'course. :o

You mean the one where Cage kicks her in the nuts :o

cageowncy5.gif

Seriously, I hate Elektra, so that picture is just grand.

It'll happen LC. I might be off by 12 months at the most but it'll happen.

That's not even on the slate right now is it? I forgot if that was part of the original 10 films....now 12 films. LOL Either way I've heard nothing. I wonder if Sony actually get's off their ass and get's Luke Cage if Marvel might consider selling them the rights on a per film basis down the road.

Thanks AD, I just wanted to know. Since Iron Fist now has is own ongoing, The Immortal Iron Fist, maybe the planned Iron Fist movie will get back on track?

Marvel is grooming a lot of their 2nd and 3rd tier characters for potential movie releases. First gauging public interest from comic fans in the publishing division.

Marvel is grooming a lot of their 2nd and 3rd tier characters for potential movie releases. First gauging public interest from comic fans in the publishing division.

I see. :yay:

I can't wait to hear news on other Marvel characters that have potential of having their own movies.

My top two films that I want to see are Iron Fist, the plot being based off his new ongoing and a Doctor Strange film!

Dr. Strange is gonna be cool whenever it gets off the ground. It'll be on the screen before 2013. :)

Really? :wow:

If they can get it before then that'd be awesome!

Elektra may have a role in the film but I think she's more suited for a R-Rated TV series on HBO or something.

Mark your calenders. ;)

God, I hope your right.

Moon Knight, Deadpool, and the Black Panther should be Marvel 2nd Stringers priority. All of them said "Action" and have cool costumes/arsenal of weapons that would be quick sell to action junkies.

It'll happen LC. I might be off by 12 months at the most but it'll happen.

*prays that AD's right*

There are so many possibilities for a DD2, that there just has to be one :csad:

Yes there is and I hope to God that they make and R rated movie for her a few years after that. at least let her have minor part in there. :-)

might be old news

http://www.marke****ch.com/tools/quotes/secarticle.asp?&sid=2119030&symb=MVL&guid=4749968&type=4

Film Facility

The Film Facility will enable the Company to independently finance and produce up to ten feature films, including films that may feature the following Marvel characters, whose theatrical film rights are pledged as collateral to secure the Film Facility:

Ant-Man

Black Panther

Captain America

Cloak & Dagger

Doctor Strange

Hawkeye

Iron Man

Nick Fury

Power Pack

Shang-Chi

The Avengers

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were added to the film facility during the quarter ended September 30, 2006. Also included as collateral for the Film Facility are the theatrical film rights to many of the supporting characters that would be most closely associated with the featured characters and character families. For example, the theatrical film rights to Captain America’s sidekick, Bucky Barnes, and his nemesis, Red Skull, are both pledged as collateral to the Film Facility. As of September 30, 2006, $3.9 million has been capitalized associated with concept development and pre-production costs of various film projects associated with the above Marvel characters.

argh.. why hasn't any headway been made on Shang-Chi? should be the "cheapest" of all of them, since he has no super-powers..

Yeah I want to hear morenews on Shang-Chi, it can be a great martial arts film for Marvel.

I think they should make a Shang-Chi (Master of Kung-fu) movie because it would be like the punisher. Cheap to make, with no real special effects. It could just be a straight up kung fu movie.

Agreed! Plus they can get that guy from Ong-Bak to play Shang. That'd make the action sequences even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"