• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Banned members- actual and aspiring - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this might not be the most mature thing to do, but I think banned users put themselves out there for this kind of ridicule. Most of them are trolls or unpleasant people that annoy others for the joy of it. When they're inducted into this thread, that's their comeuppance for all their misdeeds. They got what was coming to them, so to speak. We'll all get it if we get banned.

So, when the day comes that I get banned for being scrappy or obsessive Henry Cavill love, I know some folks will talk smack about me. Tis a rite of passage according to Hype culture, immature or not.

I miss when this thread was actually about banned members we actually missed rather then every banned member that came through the site.

We're looking at you, JJJ.

:csad:

942.gif

If I do get banned, I'll take the banning like a man and I certainly won't come back here under another alias and call a waaaaahmbulaaance over people popping bubbly in this thread. :o

In fact, I'll probably have fun reading it. :oldrazz:

Troll is an overused word. Not everyone who has a different opinion and is passionate about that view is troll in the classic sense.

I completely agree that "Troll" is overused. To be honest, I don't think that poster is technically a troll but I think he'll get too heated and explode.

I miss when this thread was actually about banned members we actually missed rather then every banned member that came through the site.

The problem is, there aren't enough. There's two banned posters I actually miss. For every banned poster that you kinda miss, there's about 30 who deserved it and no one misses.

What happened to Ultra Lantern?

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

tumblr_n64i54RSg51r1pxbgo2_r1_250.gif

I got an infraction last week so I'm definitely going to have to be more careful. I been on here for nearly 11 years and I still don't get that infraction list.

I got an infraction for stating the truth about Cavill... [blackout]that he's so hawt that I'd do him.[/blackout]

I mean, whatever you gotta do to justify immature behavior.

There's nothing immature about it. The Hype is a sub-society that, in its own strange way, mirrors real-life scenarios.

If a professional athlete is caught using performance-enhancing drugs and then kicked off a team, that person's action will not (and should not) simply be brushed under the rug. It will be addressed and discussed by his teammates, along with the fans and media.

Let's say a group of friends go out drinking one, and one of your friends gets into an altercation with an annoying *****ebag who was starting trouble with your group. Should you and your friends not discuss the *****ebag's antics amongst yourself? Should you say nice things about this person or somehow feel sympathy for them?

Here at the Hype, the general immaturity comes from those who are immature enough to break the rules and get themselves banned, and it's not as if these people just get banned immediately. Some of them last for quite awhile here and leave lasting impressions on the other users because of their generally unpleasant demeanor or irresponsible actions. I fail to see what's immature about discussing ANY person, scenario, or altercation that passes through the Hype. When you sign up and create a username, you are, in effect, putting yourself out there to interact and potentially be remembered. You are choosing to express yourself in a certain manner. If ths wasn't the case, none of us would have usernames or avatars and we wouldn't be able to reference each other by name.

Anyway, in conclusion, talking about banned users is no more "immature" than, say, whining about girls who won't date you over the Internet. If talking about banned users can be considered immature, then that would essentialy mean everything we talk about here makes us immature.

The problem is, there aren't enough. There's two banned posters I actually miss. For every banned poster that you kinda miss, there's about 30 who deserved it and no one misses.
That's my thought on it too. If there was no discussion of banned members people didn't miss then this thread would be sitting several pages back waiting for someone likable to screw up and get banned. That rarely happens.

Instead it's now about people who did something to get banned and usually did so in a way that was easily avoided by not being an ass or flaunting the rules.

And usually the "honoree" did so in a way that amuses the regulars. Some of them have been hilarious in their efforts to get banned. Or in the case of KevinSmith, repeatedly so.

I think ISS, Mrs. Kent, and me are safe because NO ONE can top maluka.

It was never like that. People have always used this thread to talk about banned users they miss, banned users that were annoying, and user that should (or to some users, want) to be banned.

Hell, there were good amount of pages in the first banned users thread back in 2011 that kept wishing for SAAD to get banned while he was still around (he eventually did).

I mean, whatever you gotta do to justify immature behavior.

Says the guy who spends his time endlessly complaining about women and why don't like you while trying to constantly justify that it's never your fault.

Get off your high horse.

There's nothing immature about it. The Hype is a sub-society that, in its own strange way, mirrors real-life scenarios.

If a professional athlete is caught using performance-enhancing drugs and then kicked off a team, that person's action will not (and should not) simply be brushed under the rug. It will be addressed and discussed by his teammates, along with the fans and media.

Let's say a group of friends go out drinking one, and one of your friends gets into an altercation with an annoying *****ebag who was starting trouble with your group. Should you and your friends not discuss the *****ebag's antics amongst yourself? Should you say nice things about this person or somehow feel sympathy for them?

Here at the Hype, the general immaturity comes from those who are immature enough to break the rules and get themselves banned, and it's not as if these people just get banned immediately. Some of them last for quite awhile here and leave lasting impressions on the other users because of their generally unpleasant demeanor or irresponsible actions. I fail to see what's immature about discussing ANY person, scenario, or altercation that passes through the Hype. When you sign up and create a username, you are, in effect, putting yourself out there to interact and potentially be remembered. You are choosing to express yourself in a certain manner. If ths wasn't the case, none of us would have usernames or avatars and we wouldn't be able to reference each other by name.

Anyway, in conclusion, talking about banned users is no more "immature" than, say, whining about girls who won't date you over the Internet. If talking about banned users can be considered immature, then that would essentialy mean everything we talk about here makes us immature.

Oh, but it's not the mere discussion of said banned members that I'm talking about.

It's the constant getting off on trash talking them, unbanned posters and mods getting on THEIR "high horse" about said user, and acting like a bunch of juveniles in their mocking of said posters.

And I won't even touch your last paragraph, which pretty much proves my point on the need for this community to get off at taking shots at other people.

The constant need for ridicule of others in this community is quite... childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"