• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Banned users - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that someone cannot have the self control to not visit a particular web site and actually feels the need to make requests to be banned from it...

EDIT
You never see me here all hours of the day and night, posting when I should be working... Oh, wait... :cwink:

I don't understand what's so hard about just not coming here anymore, that people have to be banned to keep themselves away.

Apparently enjoying the outdoors, playing video games, spending time with family and friends is nothing compared to the siren song of SHH.

"Would you like to come in for a drink?"

"Sorry, I need to check on some of my subscribed threads on my messageboard."

I don't know either. Unless they have nothing else to fill the void they spend their time here on. Occasionally I'll do that. Although if I want to I can and have just up and leave if I don't feel like there's a reason to visit.

For some people maybe it's just an addiction or a need to socialize they can't get elsewhere. Hard to say.

I think it's an addiction more than anything. It's like telling an alcoholic to stop drinking. It's just not that easy.

If you work with a computer, it is sometimes just too easy to stray onto this kind of site, particularly when the task in hand is extremely boring. All the same, logging out is usually a sufficient deterrent.

Or have somebody change your password and then tell them not to tell you what the new one is unless you do something for them that you'll need copious amounts of mouth wash after you're done.

It's ridiculous just how many people have asked to be banned for that reason. Most of them don't make it more than a day... it's kind of a fruitless effort.

I just think there should be an option for users to delete their profile.

Makes it simple for everyone.

He said this MessiahDecoy guy really messed with his head.

I think we need to upgrade the term "Permaban" to "Eternaban" or "Infiniban". Permaban just sounds too tame.

So I ask why my post was deleted and instead of getting an explanation, that post gets deleted too?
Hmmmmm....let's see......

I have repeatedly said that this thread needs to stay on topic of discussing people who have been banned. I have repeatedly deleted posts that stray off this topic. So....I too wonder why your post was deleted? Surely it wasn't one of a dozen or so recent posts that were not about people who were recently banned. Surely it wasn't just another off topic post in a thread that is constantly reminded to stay on topic. So....I too wonder why it was deleted.

Hmmmmm....let's see......

I have repeatedly said that this thread needs to stay on topic of discussing people who have been banned. I have repeatedly deleted posts that stray off this topic. So....I too wonder why your post was deleted? Surely it wasn't one of a dozen or so recent posts that were not about people who were recently banned. Surely it wasn't just another off topic post in a thread that is constantly reminded to stay on topic. So....I too wonder why it was deleted.

Surely you could have just given me a straight answer, especially when I straight up had a post that simply asked, so I too wonder why that's too hard.

Because Surely, the worst thing that could happen on the Hype is that a loosely structured thread like this thread gets off topic.

Last edited:
Surely half the reason people even post in this thread is because *shock* it's fun to go a bit off-topic. An active thread builds poster traffic. You'd think that'd be a good thing. Whatever, I know this will be deleted too.

Last edited:
The ultimate irony is, C. Lee has caused this thread to go off topic. Surely, he must delete his posts and infract himself.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back