• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman 1:50 Scale Hot Wheels

Scarface5

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, so when these starting coming out about a year ago they were readily available at most Toys R Us stores now they are impossible to find anywhere. Is it just me or is anyone else having a lot of trouble finding these at Toys R US? They just announced the new ones for 2010 that include the vehicles for Batman Returns & the Schumacher films but I have still not seen a single Bat Pod or 1989 Batwing at any TRU. Has the production or distribution diminished that much or have the TRU's around me just given up on them. I love these and hate that I can't find them anymore.

They are still stocked regularly at my local TRUs stores. Just havent found the Batwing yet.

found the 89 batwing at a toys r us near my parents house. they're producing ones based on Returns? i'm gonna need to get myself a bat skiboat and possibly a batmissile

Ok, so when these starting coming out about a year ago they were readily available at most Toys R Us stores now they are impossible to find anywhere. Is it just me or is anyone else having a lot of trouble finding these at Toys R US? They just announced the new ones for 2010 that include the vehicles for Batman Returns & the Schumacher films but I have still not seen a single Bat Pod or 1989 Batwing at any TRU. Has the production or distribution diminished that much or have the TRU's around me just given up on them. I love these and hate that I can't find them anymore.
When they first came out they were a little easier to get. Not only did Toys R Us carry them but Target did as well. Well at least down here in Phoenix. But when wave 2 was being released all of the sudden Target stopped carrying the line and toys r us had a really hard time stocking the new wave. I only came across The SuperFriends Batmobile one time!!! The 89 batmobile i came across atleast a half a dozen times and the camo Tumbler about the same. Now the 89 Batwing and Bat-Pod i have only come across twice. I have yet to see the new series with the Batman Returns batmissle bat mobile. It looks great though but these are becoming increasingly harder to find. Unfortunately because of all those pesky 66 batmobiles and bat bikes. They should just stop making those.

Oh yeah if you havent found the bat-pod or 89 bat wing they are being packed in the same case with the batman returns bat missle.

Glad to see it's not just me. It definitely did not help that both Walmart & Target completely dropped these and TRU is the only one carrying them now at brick & mortar stores. I've been able to get both off ebay for a reasonable $10 each but only after months of watching and proper auction timing.

found the 89 batwing at a toys r us near my parents house. they're producing ones based on Returns? i'm gonna need to get myself a bat skiboat and possibly a batmissile

Yeah they are making both those Returns ones, they look great & are definite must gets for me. They are also making 89 Batmobile with "shields up" which looks awesome. Below are the picks for all the upcoming 2010 ones that hotwheelscollector.com had up. Even the Schumacher ones look decent but I just can't bring myself to get them......God I hate those movies. I really hope TRU makes these easier to find this year.

Last edited:
ooh, the shielded batmobile is a must for me now too. i've just started to get back into collecting batman toys so these are really awesome. i've started re-buying the old kenner Batman and Batman Returns from my youth as well.

These are almost impossible to find in stores that I have better luck of finding them at conventions.

Ok, so I found these yesterday at Toys R Us, they had lots of them too. Seems like they will be getting these again from now on, am employee told me it was their second shipment in 2 weeks. I picked up a Batwing, Batmissle & Superfriends Batmobile. For some reason they skipped over the wave the Batpods & first release of the Batwing but they are releasing the Batwing with this wave as well. The Batpod seems to be a lost cause, I have no idea why those were not released in greater numbers.

I would start collecting these if they were more towards $5 a pop rather than $10 that TRU charges for them.

I'm in Canada, and I've been looking for the 1989 Batmobile and Batwing, and I'd also like to get the Forever Batmobile as well whenever that comes out.

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything at all since the TDK Tumbler and Animated series Batmobile were in stores. Not a thing.

Unfortunately I haven't seen anything at all since the TDK Tumbler and Animated series Batmobile were in stores. Not a thing.
That's because all the fat greasy sweaty toy scalper collectors are scooping them all up and selling them double their price.

I'm in Canada, and I've been looking for the 1989 Batmobile and Batwing, and I'd also like to get the Forever Batmobile as well whenever that comes out.

Yeah, The Tumbler and BTAS batmobile were the only ones I was able to find(back in summer of 08 when they were a few bucks cheaper!)

I've been able to get a few here an there. I'd like to get the boat from Returns. the others will depend on how I feel when/if I see them

I got the Batwing last night. They had most of the other ones. The only ones i would like to get are the Bat Boat from Returns and the Super Friends Batmobile.

These are kinda hard to find where I live ( Oklahoma City ) but I really do WANT THEM ALL!!

I one that shielded up batmobile one so badly but who am I kidding? if I ever found them all in a store I'd end up buying them all. I loved the majority of the movie vehicles even B&R's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"