• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get bored halfway into the combat challenges. Predator ones are a lot more fun.

Yea, I am forcing myself to finish the combat ones for the arbitrary points...but I loved playing the stealth challenges...very very fun those are.

I did it in Sewer Bat Extreme...and it sort of took me forever, as I wrote out a full blueprint of how to do it and what move order to do it in order to finally get that one done.
I'm going to try to get it after I'm done with both GTA: EOLC discs. :awesome:

It's the only achievement I need after Mano-a-Mano was the last one I got when I last played the game.

Shock and Awe Extreme is so bloody hard!

Shock and Awe Extreme is so bloody hard!

Yea, it took me forever to finish that one.

Stupid cattle prod/knife guys are what messed me up alot....not to mention the stupid time limit. :cmad:

Yea, it took me forever to finish that one.

Stupid cattle prod/knife guys are what messed me up alot....not to mention the stupid time limit. :cmad:
I always die within the first two rounds of S&A Extreme.

Though I finally beat Rumble in the Jungle Extreme. :up: No medal for me, though.

I loved the creation/history with the Golems. :) Especially Shayle's past lol. :D

Yeah i'm a complete ****** and somehow posted here.... >_>

yeah, I have to agree
some of those challenges were just too hard to not become annoying pretty quickly

I got bored with the combat challenges after a while. The Predator challenges were much more fun. I never got more than a silver on any of the combat challenges and just stopped caring at some point.

One of the hardest for me to finally get was doing a perfect combo with all of his combat moves...that took me forever.

This was annoying and rediculous at first...but it's funny because now I'm at the point where I can do it without even thinking lol

Eventually you learn the game so well that using all the attacks becomes fun

--dk7

I got bored with the combat challenges after a while. The Predator challenges were much more fun. I never got more than a silver on any of the combat challenges and just stopped caring at some point.
I managed to get a gold on Sewer Bat...That's it. :o

The predator challenges were definitely better than the combat challenges. I loved the fact that we the gamer had to utilize the gadgets or sneak/surprise a foe in different ways, forcing you to think like Batman in that certain situation of taking out the entire room full of armed thugs.
This was annoying and rediculous at first...but it's funny because now I'm at the point where I can do it without even thinking lol

--dk7
Agreed. :up:

--dk7

do you do them in the same order all the time?

do you do them in the same order all the time?

Nope...just whatever I feel will work at the right time.

Switch it up, if there are a lot of guys coming at me, I will Batarang them, if there is one guy I will throw him at all the other guys knocking them down (which sometimes allows for a ground and pound)...or if there is one guy i will break his arm...and so on.

Whatever works best at the time is what I will use. Leaping over the guys and stunning them buys you a lot of time and gives you a chance to think about what move you want to do next

--dk7

dont you have to have so many consecutive hits before you cna use the throw move or the critical strike? I always thought you had to have a streak of like 5 or 8 hits before those became available.

Yeah, but I think there's an upgrade you can buy through the Wayne Tech screen for combat. The upgrade allows for you to use the throw, and finishers too, earlier than normal.

Hmm. I thought you had to have the upgrade before you could even do the moves, but I didnt think there was one that lessened the number of hits before you coudl use it?

I have all the upgrades so everything is pretty easy...

batarangs knock guys down...
strikes are x2 if they are perfect...
can do a takedown or throw after 5 strikes...

if you have a room full of guys coming at you, it's not hard at all to reach 5 strikes...trust me, the throws and takedowns are available every couple seconds if you fight enough guys

--dk7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"