Batman Begins Batman Begins, the greatest superhero origin story in the history of fiction...

I'm sure they will one day but for now it's time to be like it is.

Man of Steel is my favorite origin story, but Begins is a quality film as well.

My favourite movie. I've watched it 15/20 times in the past ten years, and never get sick of it. It has everything a Batman fan could want - the right visuals, the right story, the right characterisation, the right motivations, the right amount of heart and soul, the right comic book nods... everything.

I very much doubt we'll ever get a better translation of the dark knight to the cinema screen.

"Do I look like a cop?"

"I brought mine!"

"Why do we fall?"

"Bats terrify me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

"Nice coat."

"Taste of you own medicine doctor?"

"I'm Batman."

Brilliant, brilliant movie.

tumblr_mkoxi3XNOd1s39hcio1_500.gif

Last edited:
I don't know if I would call the Begins Batsuit my favorite of all time, but I certainly feel it is the most intimidating Batsuit ever. Not someone I would want to run into!

BB is my favorite Batman film because it focuses on Bruce Wayne more than any of the others.

My favourite movie. I've watched it 15/20 times in the past ten years, and never get sick of it. It has everything a Batman fan could want - the right visuals, the right story, the right characterisation, the right motivations, the right amount of heart and soul, the right comic book nods... everything.

I very much doubt we'll ever get a better translation of the dark knight to the cinema screen.

"Do I look like a cop?"

"I brought mine!"

"Why do we fall?"

"Bats terrify me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

"Nice coat."

"Taste of you own medicine doctor?"

"I'm Batman."

Brilliant, brilliant movie.

tumblr_mkoxi3XNOd1s39hcio1_500.gif
"He's Here".
"Who?"
"The Batman".

I'm not sure if it's my favorite origin story but it's certainly up there. They captured Bruce perfectly.

Just rewatched this over the weekend. I think Begins gets overlooked because of the massive success of The Dark Knight, but this could probably be one of top favorite superhero films ever, if not at least a great origin story on film.

Sure, the likes of Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man are probably ingrained in pop culture enough that you can skip their origin stories going forward or condense it, but I much enjoyed seeing Bruce's journey here.

The only movie that rivals it for me is Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2. Batman Begins is the best superhero origin movie ever made and can't be topped. I actually prefer the idea of Ra's being the one who trained Bruce, it gives them a much more personal reason to have them as enemies in the end.

The Dark Knight is a great film without a doubt, but I think Batman Begins is better. The Batsuit looks cooler, Gotham has it's own unique look to it and the villains are brilliant. Let's not forget the soundtrack, oh my god it has to be the best soundtrack I've ever heard in my entire life. The tenth track ''Molossus'' is to me the definitive superhero theme and I never get tired of listening to it.

The movie gets a 10/10 rating from me.

I would rate it somewhere around 80 or 90 percent as a film. There are flaws, and i still cringe at the odd bit in the third act. But it's my favorite origin story on film for a comic book character. And every single time i think about the movie, a warm fuzzy feeling comes over me. That feeling only gets warmer over time as i see what's happening with the very cold Batfleck movies so far.

My favorite score from the trilogy.

As far as origin stories

1) Batman Begins
2) Iron Man

And the rest if about the same.

I admire and adore Batman Begins greatly and when I watched it in the cinema I knew I was watching something very special but for me, nothing will ever surpass Superman (1978) as something of the value of 'meaning' to me as a film, as an experience watching it the cinema with my dad, and seeing my favourite superhero on the big screen. To this day, as an adult and without rose tinted specs, it still stands up and is the bench mark and access point for all that we have today, without Donner's meticulous approach, we'd have nothing, the genre cupboard would be bare. What he achieved with that film in that era was nothing more than a miracle, to incorporate every nuance and aspect of a character devised in a period of history in the late 30's thought defunct through the escapism of the transition of 50's pop culture to a more skeptic late 70's and capture Superman with his message intact was incredible. I love the character, I love Donner's interpretation and delivery of the film and Reeve will always be MY Superman for my generation of 70's/80's children but my passion equally is strong for the DCEU. I think they've done a brilliant job to date and Cavill is amazing in the role and he fits the role like a glove.

No posts in this entire BB subforum for the last 2 months. This is the least discussed Batman film on the SHH forum, which is sad. I think it's the BEST Batman movie of all.

Still a great film to this day and a shame that The Dark Knight kind of blew it out of the water. It's interesting in that it's not even a huge box office hit. After all the costs like production, promotion, ticket revenue to the theaters it made like $80 million to WB. Nonetheless, the amount it made was a comfortable level for WB AND it got great reviews unlike the Batman & Robin.

Unfortunately, I never saw it in theatres. Around this time I had just graduated high school so I was more caught up with that experience in my life. The internet was there but in today's capacity plus they were so secretive about it. I remember just hearing Ra's al-Ghul and Scarecrow where in it. Which honestly, turned me off. I love Ra's and always wanted to see Scarecrow but I felt "he you're doing a Batman reboot and not using Joker, I dunno, this may not be safe." I would not see the movie until October, it's home release when my brother did this thing called "renting movies at Blockbuster."

I fell in love with it instantly and bought the film quickly afterwards, watching it numerous times. It surprised me to see my favorite actor Liam Neeson and then to find out holy crap he's playing my favorite villain. Morgan Freeman is in this! Gary Oldman! Wait, ninjas? Batman is a ninja? WELL OF COURSE! I love the Tumbler chase scene and the music accompanying it. Alfred's not an idiot. It had sparked my interest in Batman AND comics again. Since then I've been getting comics as birthday and Christmas gifts. Then I would go on to see the later installments in theaters. The film even began to develop a worldly view for me as I really bought into what Ra's had to say and offer, hell I still do.

I had a similar experience. I was basically obsessed with Comic Book Superheroes, Batman in particular, throughout my entire childhood, but in my kid and late teens I had other interests and didn't pay much attention. I remember hearing there was gonna be a more real Batman reboot, and the guy who directed Memento and Pi was gonna be helming it, I thought "That's cool", but didn't pay much attention, figured just another kid's superhero film.

I remember a friend's sister got a bootleg DVD of it that was really pixelated quality, but we decided to watch it. From the first scene, "You're practice" Bruce Wayne is fighting people in a foreign prison, and they're actually showing him training as a ninja and giving a real world perspective on his suit, gadgets, techniques, the cave, and why he chose the Bat symbol, and all that, and I was also a huge fan of gangster movies then, so I loved that aspect as well. I thought it was great, I had been so used to Batman movies that just start out and he's already Batman and there's no explanation of all his gear and motivations, so the training and origin just blew me away.

But I basically moved on and didn't think much about it until I saw a trailer for The Dark Knight. From the moment Ledger removed his clown mask, I was riveted to the screen and reminded why I thought Begins was great. But also, I was reminded of everything I loved about Batman as a kid, but mixed with all these things I had come to love as a teen. Basically Sherlock Holmes meets James Bond as a ninja in a noir, gangster movie, hard boiled detective environment. And that's when I started reading graphic novels as an adult. Picked up Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Long Halloween, and Watchmen and that was it. Nolan pretty much single handedly rekindled my biggest passion from my childhood.

Nolan didn't direct Pi fyi, that was Aronofsky (who was at one point attached to direct the aborted Batman: Year One movie). :cwink:

No posts in this entire BB subforum for the last 2 months. This is the least discussed Batman film on the SHH forum, which is sad. I think it's the BEST Batman movie of all.

:up: It just might be. Exhilarating from beginning to end, and the single best origin CBM.

Shh...don't tell anyone... but I liked Begins the best out of the Nolan Trilogy... even more than *GASP* The Dark Knight!

I think Batman Begins had the best overall aesthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"