Batman Begins vs The Amazing Spider-Man?

Why did someone even do this tread? Nolan films always win on the internet... lol Even the Avengers is losing to THE DARK KNIGHT RISES on the other poll...

I'm a DC fangirl, and I found BB to be the better-crafted film, but I still preferred TASM overall. Why? 1.) None of the dialogue in TASM had me cringing as much as some of Goyer's worst moments in BB. 2.) Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy was a FAR superior love interest and I felt the connections with most of the relationships more. 3.) I liked the action scenes more. 4.) The score for TASM is one of my favorite superhero scores ever. BB's? I enjoy it, but it doesn't have that "magic" for me. 5.) I loved the characterization of Spidey so much. It was much closer to the one I'm familiar with than the Raimi versions were, whereas the Nolan Batman, much as I loved it, wasn't as close to the Batman I grew up with. 6.) The weakest factor in TASM - the villain - just happens to be the aspect I care the least about in all superhero flicks, so it didn't bother me the way it bothered most.

For those reasons, despite the exceptional craftsmanship Nolan & Co. brought to the table with BB, and despite the fact that it influenced so many origin films to come - including TASM - I found TASM to be a more enjoyable movie-going experience overall. So it got my vote. I'm no Spidey fangirl, but there ya go. I'm sorry you can't accept that other parties might feel that way for rational reasons.

Your personal opinion is duly noted, But the majority has spoken. And last I checked, Majority rules.

Raimi's Spider-Man was closer to the Amazing Spider Man comic book, TASM was closer to Ultimate which if that was the Spider Man you grew up with, Than Nolan's Batman WAS the Batman you grew up with, So unless you grew up twice, You just rationally killed your own point.

Your personal opinion is duly noted, But the majority has spoken. And last I checked, Majority rules.

Raimi's Spider-Man was closer to the Amazing Spider Man comic book, TASM was closer to Ultimate which if that was the Spider Man you grew up with, Than Nolan's Batman WAS the Batman you grew up with, So unless you grew up twice, You just rationally killed your own point.

Or you could look at her name "flickchick85" deduce that she was born in 1985, assume she watched Batman:TAS as a child which ties very well into the Nolan Batman universe. It's practically the live action version of that cartoon. And then she could have also loved Ultimate Spider-Man as a kid.

Speaking from experience. Because both of those facts are true for me.

Why did someone even do this tread? Nolan films always win on the internet... lol Even the Avengers is losing to THE DARK KNIGHT RISES on the other poll...

I assume the person who made this thread belongs to one of two categories.

1. He loves Nolan and hates TASM and gets some weird satisfaction from seeing Nolan win in a poll against a completely different film.

or

2. He legitimately loves both origin stories and thought they both stood an equal chance of winning. In which case he, like me, is probably upset that BB took such a strong lead.

I personally refused to vote. I like them both equally for very different reasons.

Did I say anything about the majority? I was simply responding to your post suggesting that the only people voting for TASM are either Spidey fanboys or people who haven't seen BB. I am neither, and I voted for TASM.

As pr0xyt0xin so accurately deduced, I was born in '85. The Batman I grew up with was TAS and the Burton series. I much preferred TAS, though. Nolan's Batman was in some ways similar to that for sure, but in many ways quite different, imo. I later got into comics and the Batman I became familiar with and a fan of existed in a much crazier universe - both darker and more fantastical - than the Nolan version.

The Spidey I'm familiar with is both from the '90's TAS and Ultimate Spidey, and in neither of those was Peter Parker such a caricature of a goody-two-shoes dork that he was in the Raimi version. I understand that his version was closer to the Lee/Ditko stuff, and that's fine, it's just not MY Spidey. Hence my views on both of those. Still not sure why you feel the need to attempt to invalidate or "kill" what I clearly stated in the first place was simply my opinion. I'm certainly not trying to invalidate the opinions of the people who feel the opposite of me.

Great, so you think that the vast majority of people seeing TASM (BO: $752,216,557) beats the minority of people who saw BB (BO: $374,218,673).

Did I say anything about the majority? I was simply responding to your post suggesting that the only people voting for TASM are either Spidey fanboys or people who haven't seen BB. I am neither, and I voted for TASM.

As pr0xyt0xin so accurately deduced, I was born in '85. The Batman I grew up with was TAS and the Burton series. I much preferred TAS, though. Nolan's Batman was in some ways similar to that for sure, but in many ways quite different, imo. I later got into comics and the Batman I became familiar with and a fan of existed in a much crazier universe - both darker and more fantastical - than the Nolan version.

The Spidey I'm familiar with is both from the '90's TAS and Ultimate Spidey, and in neither of those was Peter Parker such a caricature of a goody-two-shoes dork that he was in the Raimi version. I understand that his version was closer to the Lee/Ditko stuff, and that's fine, it's just not MY Spidey. Hence my views on both of those. Still not sure why you feel the need to attempt to invalidate or "kill" what I clearly stated in the first place was simply my opinion. I'm certainly not trying to invalidate the opinions of the people who feel the opposite of me.

No offense to you and/or your opinion, But you seem to be taking this very personal. This is just a forum, And it carries very little weight in the grand scheme of things.:yay:

Great, so you think that the vast majority of people seeing TASM (BO: $752,216,557) beats the minority of people who saw BB (BO: $374,218,673).

The numbers are not that great when you look at domestic totals. 262 mil vs 200 mil, Still a victory for TASM, But that doesn't seem to be the consensus in this forum. Now if you want to go the numbers route, Than the majority (yourself included) says Spider Man 3 was the best of them all, With 890.9 mil in worldwide B.O.:doh:

The numbers are not that great when you look at domestic totals. 262 mil vs 200 mil, Still a victory for TASM,

My point.

But what's this "domestic" variable? Foreign people are less valid?

But that doesn't seem to be the consensus in this forum.

But you're talking about majorities right? How they rule (at least last time you checked). Let's then talk about the big majority, not just 130 people.

Now if you want to go the numbers route, Than the majority (yourself included) says Spider Man 3 was the best of them all, With 890.9 mil in worldwide B.O.:doh:

Me? It was you who stated that majorities rule, not me. Now you say they apparently don't (SM3 case provided by yourself).

No offense to you and/or your opinion, But you seem to be taking this very personal. This is just a forum, And it carries very little weight in the grand scheme of things.:yay:
Don't worry, I'll survive. Not my first day here. :cwink:

Your avatar more than proves my point......FANBOY!!!:lmao:

I was hoping you'd actually state something worthwhile in defense of your opinion but I can't say I'm surprised by your response considering the trollish nature of your original comment.

I was hoping you'd actually state something worthwhile in defense of your opinion but I can't say I'm surprised by your response considering the trollish nature of your existence.

I fixed it for you.

My point.

But what's this "domestic" variable? Foreign people are less valid?

Studio's get roughly 40% of overseas grosses, And don't try to make this about race, And don't try to say that I did either.

But you're talking about majorities right? How they rule (at least last time you checked). Let's then talk about the big majority, not just 130 people.

Your right, I did say majority, As in "The majority of this forum thinks BB is better", YOU are trying to make something out of it that its not.

Me? It was you who stated that majorities rule, not me. Now you say they apparently don't (SM3 case provided by yourself).

Your quote and your words, NOT MINE: Great, so you think that the vast majority of people seeing TASM (BO: $752,216,557) beats the minority of people who saw BB (BO: $374,218,673).

With that you brought numbers into it.

I was hoping you'd actually state something worthwhile in defense of your opinion but I can't say I'm surprised by your response considering the trollish nature of your original comment.

I fixed it for you.

You guys are an odd bunch, If someone disagrees with what you say, You either

A. Accuse them of trolling or

B. Try to rat them out for some imaginary insult.

This is a forum, Its not the streets. And I have just as much right to post here as you both do. If you don't like what I have to say, DON'T RESPOND.

And pr0xyt0xin, Last I heard from you. You said we were done. So why not stick to that, Instead of trying to be everyone's defender. These people are adults and are more than capable of speaking up for themselves. Nobody asked you to be their "hero". Calling someone a "fanboy" because they defend their favorite character and use same character has an avatar would be an accurate description and not so much an insult. What do you do when someone calls you a fanboy in public? Threaten to shoot them? Geez, get over yourselves.

I voted for Batman Begins, Because when watching it I didn't get a sense of "Deja Vu" like I did when I watched TASM, I cant even watch the first hour of TASM because it don't really need to revisit a majority of the plot points from the the original, BETTER film that was SPIDER MAN.

You guys are an odd bunch, If someone disagrees with what you say, You either

A. Accuse them of trolling or

B. Try to rat them out for some imaginary insult..

In your initial post you stated that people who voted for ASM were either Spider-man fanboys or had never seen BB. And like I said in my first reply, if you were being serious, that is a very narrow-minded view. You're stating that one shouldn't vote for ASM in any regard other than the fact that they're a blind, ignorant fanboy and couldn't possibly have any other reason for liking the movie beyond that blanketed statement. Like it or not but that's narrow-minded.

I have no issue with someone who says ASM sucks and I have no issue with someone says BB sucks. Or says that they love either movie. As long as they have reasons to back up their personal view/opinion...it's their opinion and they're entitled to have it. It's perfectly reasonable for someone else to not share the same view and disagree with the other's opinion. I take issue with someone who makes blanketed statements and attempts to belittle or invalidate someone else's opinion. It's trollish behavior and quite ridiculous. People don't always have to go with the majority on a poll...if their view is otherwise they shouldn't be ashamed to show their love for whatever that may be. And they certainly don't deserve to be trudged upon by someone who thinks their opinion is somehow 'superior.'

This is a forum, Its not the streets. And I have just as much right to post here as you both do. If you don't like what I have to say, DON'T RESPOND..

You're correct to say this is a public forum and you have a right to post here, however I also have the right to respond to your posts.

Calling someone a "fanboy" because they defend their favorite character and use same character has an avatar would be an accurate description and not so much an insult. What do you do when someone calls you a fanboy in public? Threaten to shoot them? Geez, get over yourselves..

Accurate description?? Please point to the post where I was "defending my favorite character."

I am arguing your point of assuming that because someone voted for a particular movie that makes them incapable of having an opinion. That's a blanket, ignorant statement imo.

I voted for Batman Begins, Because when watching it I didn't get a sense of "Deja Vu" like I did when I watched TASM, I cant even watch the first hour of TASM because it don't really need to revisit a majority of the plot points from the the original, BETTER film that was SPIDER MAN.

Fair enough. If that's your view on why you like one movie over another, more power to you. Difference is, I won't be attempting to belittle or invalidate your opinion because I actually respect the fact that people are different and capable of making decisions based on their own personal views.

In your initial post you stated that people who voted for ASM were either Spider-man fanboys or had never seen BB. And like I said in my first reply, if you were being serious, that is a very narrow-minded view. You're stating that one shouldn't vote for ASM in any regard other than the fact that they're a blind, ignorant fanboy and couldn't possibly have any other reason for liking the movie beyond that blanketed statement. Like it or not but that's narrow-minded.

Was my comment directed at you? Did I mention your name? Is the term "fanboy" that reprehensible to you? I imagine not, But what I find funny is the FACT that 2 people who seemed to be bothered the most, Have Spider Man has an avatar, Now doesn't that strike you as an amazing coincidence?

I have no issue with someone who says ASM sucks and I have no issue with someone says BB sucks. Or says that they love either movie. As long as they have reasons to back up their personal view/opinion...it's their opinion and they're entitled to have it. It's perfectly reasonable for someone else to not share the same view and disagree with the other's opinion. I take issue with someone who makes blanketed statements and attempts to belittle or invalidate someone else's opinion. It's trollish behavior and quite ridiculous. People don't always have to go with the majority on a poll...if their view is otherwise they shouldn't be ashamed to show their love for whatever that may be. And they certainly don't deserve to be trudged upon by someone who thinks their opinion is somehow 'superior.'

Once again, Did anyone in this forum appoint you to be "savior" NO!

You're correct to say this is a public forum and you have a right to post here, however I also have the right to respond to your posts.

And yes you do, But ALWAYS expect a retort if you do.

Accurate description?? Please point to the post where I was "defending my favorite character."

Obviously you are, I didn't say in my original post "Hey UltimateWebhead, You got something to say?"

I am arguing your point of assuming that because someone voted for a particular movie that makes them incapable of having an opinion. That's a blanket, ignorant statement imo.

Yes, your opinion. Which I wasn't asking for. But you felt the need to give it, Which means you chose to take offense to my post.

Fair enough. If that's your view on why you like one movie over another, more power to you. Difference is, I won't be attempting to belittle or invalidate your opinion because I actually respect the fact that people are different and capable of making decisions based on their own personal views.

If a statement I made was directed at an individual, Then let THAT individual defend themselves, If I make a blanket statement, Which EVERYONE often does, Just ignore it or attack EVERYONE else that does.

Was my comment directed at you? Did I mention your name? Is the term "fanboy" that reprehensible to you? I imagine not, But what I find funny is the FACT that 2 people who seemed to be bothered the most, Have Spider Man has an avatar, Now doesn't that strike you as an amazing coincidence?

Did you happen to hear a whooshing sound? I believe that was the point of my post flying over your head. Your ignorant attitude in your original post is what prompted my reply...it doesn't need to be directed at me or any other specific individual.

Once again, Did anyone in this forum appoint you to be "savior" NO!

No one has to be appointed to any position to express their opinion.

And yes you do, But ALWAYS expect a retort if you do.

Ok.

Obviously you are, I didn't say in my original post "Hey UltimateWebhead, You got something to say?"

Again you're missing my point. I'm not defending a character; I'm defending the accusation of you stating that only people without the ability to form a cohesive opinion would vote for something. That's a narrow-minded thought process and/or attitude.

Yes, your opinion. Which I wasn't asking for.

You made a post on a public forum. You are most certainly 'asking for' it when you make this or any comment.

If a statement I made was directed at an individual, Then let THAT individual defend themselves, If I make a blanket statement, Which EVERYONE often does, Just ignore it or attack EVERYONE else that does.

It's funny how your original comment has nothing to do with fairness yet now you're asking to be treated in an 'above and beyond' fair manner, just be left alone, and everyone follow some imaginary set of protocol. If that's how you felt originally then you shouldn't have made your baseless comment. A little advice, treat those around you how you in turn wish to be treated.

Your quote and your words, NOT MINE: Great, so you think that the vast majority of people seeing TASM (BO: $752,216,557) beats the minority of people who saw BB (BO: $374,218,673).

With that you brought numbers into it.

Exactly: "Great, so YOU think..."

I wasn't talking about what I think but what YOU think. See? Good reader, good replier. :cwink:

So, what is it then? Do you think majorities rule (like in this poll) or they don't (like in SM3 making more money than many other better superhero movies)?

Your avatar more than proves my point......FANBOY!!!:lmao:

You've been here less than two months, and now have a second infraction. I highly suggest you start posting maturely and civilly.

I will probably get banned after this, But I just wanted to say goodbye to a very special person.

Take care Kaleb

lol. Awh. I appreciate the sentiment. Yeah my name is Kaleb. I've said my name on these forums before. Several posters know me by name and a few have even found me on Facebook. It's cute you think I'm special though.

Cute. But ineffective. Like you said, it's just the internet. Also I'm pretty sure private messages can be seen by admins. I hope they get the same hearty laugh I did from yours. <3

So anyway, back to Spider-Man and Batman?

If you put a gun to my head I suppose Begins, although neither film is as good as the original (Batman '89, Spider-Man '02).

Batman Begins. I really liked TASM but this isn't close for me.

Batman Begins but not by much, I thought Amazing Spider-man was fantastic too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"