Spider-Man: No Way Home vs The Batman

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Which film do you think was better?

So far, Both films have been the two biggest CBMs in the Post-Endgame era. I even think there are some similarities between the two:

1. Both films serve as a semi-origin story for their iconic protagonists

2. Both films have a moment where their parental figure gets seriously injured. Of course, there's a major difference in that May succumbs to her injuries, while Alfred recovers.

3. Both protagonists ultimately give up a chance to be with their love interests.[/SPOILERS]

Wow, that's a really tough one, I really loved both movies and gave them both the same score. Would need to see both again really.

Heh I was wondering when this thread would pop up. I would personally choose No Way Home because it was such a joyous cinematic experience and hit at just the right time. The movie itself was great and delivered everything I wanted in a Spiderman movie and the crowd reactions during my viewing, especially when certain characters popped up..just made for such a euphoric movie going experience.

The Batman is a great movie but it elicits an entirely different feeling from the viewer. Its relentlessly dark and heavy and very contemplative. NWH’s pace is moves at a clip while The Batman takes its time and asks the viewer to soak in the atmosphere. Depends what your cup of tea is.

Heh I was wondering when this thread would pop up. I would personally choose No Way Home because it was such a joyous cinematic experience and hit at just the right time. The movie itself was great and delivered everything I wanted in a Spiderman movie and the crowd reactions during my viewing, especially when certain characters popped up..just made for such a euphoric movie going experience.

The Batman is a great movie but it elicits an entirely different feeling from the viewer. Its relentlessly dark and heavy and very contemplative. NWH’s pace is moves at a clip while The Batman takes its time and asks the viewer to soak in the atmosphere. Depends what your cup of tea is.

Pretty much how I feel as well.

I liked No Way Home a lot better than The Batman though the latter is great too

Both films are really good and so dissimilar that the comparison doesn't feel very natural. They share little more than being recent films with popular superhero characters.

If I do try to look at things that both films could want to achieve I think No Way Home has clearly better emotional moments and I like some of the villains better than the Riddler. The Batman has a more refined and unique look to it though. I really like both leads and both have great version of the superhero personas, although I do think I prefer Peter as himself as this Bruce was a bit dour and one note.

Both films feature film incarnations of the characters that are way past the original (Batman more so than Spidey) but I think NWH manages to feel more special in Spider-Man's run of films, of course much due to using all the incarnations in the film. While The Batman is my favorite of the Batman films it feels more like another one in the row as all incarnations have felt different from the others. It would have stood out better in this regard being compared to any of the other two Holland films.

I've rewatched NWH so I know that it holds up even after the initial rush of seeing the old characters back. Hopefully TB does the same now that the mystery is known and it doesn't start feeling really long.

So two really good films that both make me want to see more, but in the end I'll go with No Way Home here.

Spider-Man No Way Home is my 3rd favorite Spider-Man film. The Batman is my favorite Batman film. So Batman takes this one. No Way Home is a great Marvel film, bur I do think The Batman is more true cinema

I gotta go with The Batman. I loved No Way Home, and it was great to see the Raimi verse revived, but I find The Batman to be an overall better movie in almost every way.

Really tough one, I think both films are overrated in the eyes of fans in terms of how good they both are simply because of what both contained & the things both films did right or well depending on your opinion(s) on each character.

I wouldn't rank either in that upper echelon of All-Time CBM's, but I would certainly rate them as being solid enough CBM's.

I'd probably lean slightly more towards The Batman if I was put on the spot to pick one currently, it seemed to do more right, than wrong, in comparison to NWH which was a bit all over the place at times.

The Batman. Easily. I know both films had plot holes but NWH had ones that you can’t even explain away doing serious mental gymnastics. And I say that as someone who genuinely l loved both films.

Reactions: B
While The Batman has the sharper, more defined story, NWH is that's stayed with me much more.

It's a film with heart, and for me, in the case of these two films, that gives it a much greater edge over The Batman in terms of which my favorite film is.

And this is coming from someone who's a diehard Batman fan since 1989.

I've seen several iterations and versions of the early Batman, figuring things out, solving a mystery , dealing with his rage etc, for years , so, I don't find The Batman as earth shattering as alot of fandom does.

But it's The Batman film for this younger generation, and every generation needs their own version that represents their times.

Still, when it comes down to it, I'm in no rush to see The Batman again, while I only saw NWH once, and months later , I can't wait to own it on bluray.

Spidey is more fun. I'd probably choose that to rewatch first. The Batman is a better film though.

The Batman is a better movie, but No Way Home has a big advantage in that it revisits the Raimi verse. Even though I don't think the latter movie is as good as it could have been, the fact that the movie even exists is pretty awesome.

Having said that, I don't think either movies are top tier cbm's.

No Way Home was one of the best moviegoing experiences I've had since Endgame and is overall a really enjoyable, satisfying film IMO, but The Batman is in an entirely different league for me, and I finally got the gritty, atmospheric, neo-noir, detective Fincher esque Batman film that I've always wanted.

It honestly felt like a childhood dream come true when I watched it on the bigscreen for the first time and while there's a lot to love about NWH it just didn't make me feel like I was watching something truly special.

Spidey is more fun. I'd probably choose that to rewatch first. The Batman is a better film though.

The fun aspect gives it the edge for me in terms of which film I prefer, even though The Batman is the better film.

The Batman has some cool parts to it, but I didn't find it the type of film I would revisit time and time again, even with it's achievements.

I found NWH as something special which hasn't really been done before, while I've seen alot of the similar ideas of The Batman in other versions and media.

At the same time, I can appreciate that alot of the ideas are new to those who don't read the comics, watched a bunch of Batman related shows and cartoons , etc.

I found NWH as something special which hasn't really been done before, while I've seen alot of the similar ideas of The Batman in other versions and media.

NWH is a little weird for me in that I feel like it's a standard run of the mill MCU movie in how it's story is told, and I wish visually the movie was more aesthetically pleasing. Given it's awesome premise, I definitely feel like the movie could have been much more. It's hard not to compare it to Spider-Verse (which might not be fair given it's animated) and just feel like that movie does everything a lot better.

On the other hand, I'm not dead inside either. The fact that NWH exists genuinely feels like a fever dream, like the coolest fanfiction that actually ended up getting made. I've seen the movie a few times and still grin like an idiot seeing all the three Spider-Man interacting with each other. Likewise, seeing Alfred Molina as Doc Ock and Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin again was surreal.

Batman starts off stronger than NWH but NWH had a better ending.

Batman has stronger visuals than NWH.

NWH has better pacing.

tom holland and Pattinson are about the same.

NWH has better villains.

Yea. No way home is a lot more pleasing as a comic book book fan and I guess The Batman is a better film overall?

honestly would people love The Batman as much if it didn’t have its striking visuals and atmosphere? Like if The Batman and NWH had the same level of aesthetics. Would people be singing a different tune in favor of NWH in terms of cinematic quality?

NWH is a little weird for me in that I feel like it's a standard run of the mill MCU movie in how it's story is told, and I wish visually the movie was more aesthetically pleasing. Given it's awesome premise, I definitely feel like the movie could have been much more. It's hard not to compare it to Spider-Verse (which might not be fair given it's animated) and just feel like that movie does everything a lot better.

On the other hand, I'm not dead inside either. The fact that NWH exists genuinely feels like a fever dream, like the coolest fanfiction that actually ended up getting made. I've seen the movie a few times and still grin like an idiot seeing all the three Spider-Man interacting with each other. Likewise, seeing Alfred Molina as Doc Ock and Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin again was surreal.

Yeah, there's Spiderverse, but that's a cartoon which dealt with versions of the characters we'd never met before, and it'd be hard to argue it had the same emotional impact on the audience that NWH has had.

There really hasn't been anything like NWH on film before.

It succeeds at what it's trying to do in spades ,and while not the number 1 Spiderman, is very good, and is certainly one of the best.

The Batman has also succeeded ,and has been embraced by audiences , but for me, The Batman was more run of the mill for me in the context of Batman stories, since, I've read and seen variations on alot of the same themes before in Batman , tv shows, animated films, stories, etc.

But that's gonna happen with any character who's mythology has been retold so often for so long such as Batman .

Ultimately, for me, the better made and better written film doesn't always translate to being my favorite film ,or the film that stays with me.

For me, it's NWH , no question. But's that me.

NWH connected with me in a way The Batman probably never will.

I can appreciate The Batman for what it did, and recognize what it accomplishes, but it's not my favorite of the two or even among my favorite CBM's in general.

But these films will land with all of us in different ways.

NWH just isn’t that great to me it’s a very basic film so Batman easily takes it.

AURGH. Very hard choice here. Harder than the Infinity War comparison.

Ugh. Gonna go with The Batman just pound for pound. NWH is a much more rewatchable film and I LOVE the fan service in it. However, The Batman is a more visceral experience for me.

If you compare The Batman to Into The Spiderverse though, then it's ITSV.

Really tough one, I think both films are overrated in the eyes of fans in terms of how good they both are simply because of what both contained & the things both films did right or well depending on your opinion(s) on each character.

I wouldn't rank either in that upper echelon of All-Time CBM's, but I would certainly rate them as being solid enough CBM's.

I'd probably lean slightly more towards The Batman if I was put on the spot to pick one currently, it seemed to do more right, than wrong, in comparison to NWH which was a bit all over the place at times.

This sums up my thoughts pretty well, also.

Spider-man: No Way Home was a corporately mandated, factory production line product.

The Batman was a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"