Batman Begins vs Spider-Man: Homecoming --- Which is the better reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Ryan

Civilian
Reaction score
I think its safe to say that these two movies put Batman and Spider-Man back in the good graces of the general audience after their last movies tanked critically (Batman & Robin, TASM2). Which of the two movies was better in your opinion?

Batman Begins without question.

Reactions: CJ
Batman Begins. The only thing spider-man scores on is the far more clearly depicted action and fight scenes. They are two very different movies though. I wish Homecoming had included some conversation or emotional scenes of how Peter and May deal with uncle ben’s death. Begins really does a nice job of building up the genesis of the character and the motivations. I just walked out of it thinking that was great! Homecoming was far more of a ok that was a decent film but I could have skipped it

I laughed at the title. Begins by a 100,000 miles.

Batman Begins is easily one of my favorite movies, not just comic book movies.
I enjoy Homecoming, but I'd rather watch the Amazing Spider-Man 2 if I was given the choice between the two.

Batman Begins. I think it is the best of Nolan's trilogy.

Definitely Batman Begins. I think it is the weakest of the Nolan Trilogy, but that still puts it near the top of CBMs.

Batman Begins of course.

This is tougher to me than to others so far. I love how charming Homecoming is. And Tom Holland Peter Parker imo is superior to most other superheroes, Bale included.

But I'm still gonna go with Begins. Zimmer's themes invoke pretty strong emotions in me.

I love Homecoming. One of my favorite MCU films. But Batman Begins, is Batman Begins.

tumblr_pd5p70MclU1x59xc5o8_640.gif

Batman Begins is the best superhero origin/reboot movie full stop.

giphy.gif

Batman Begins by FAR, and it's not even a competition. In my opinion, Batman Begins is the best origin story comic book film of all time

Homecoming, while fun and I like the film (Holland and Keaton are awesome), I find it to be overrated. I also have issues with lack of responsibility Peter faces in the MCU rendition as well as other things, but thats a story for another time

Last edited:
Damn, i honestly didn't think it would be this much of a mismatch :huh:

Someone do First Class vs Batman Begins instead. I think that's a closer match. Or maybe Homecoming vs First Class.

Not really a fair question, I think Batman Begins had a lot more challenges than Homecoming, to follow up the awful second Schumacher film at time when these movies were not anywhere near as big. Begins was fortunate Xmen had done well before it.

Batman Begins without doubt. I enjoyed Homecoming, but BB for me is just such a great super hero origin story.

For me BB by a long way. The better film and the more effective reboot.

Love both of them a lot but BB gets it by a hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"