• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see Gosling as Batman to be honest. Let him bulk up and do a Hercules movie instead :oldrazz:

Gosling's certainly a good actor, but I honestly don't think every good actor is right for a superhero role, and he's one of them.

Gosling's certainly a good actor, but I honestly don't think every good actor is right for a superhero role, and he's one of them.

Exactly, from what I've seen of him he seems to have som good acting chops, but he's no Batman in my eyes.

un-immagine-di-karl-urban-nel-film-pathfinder-44618.jpg

Karl Urban look strong too.

Yes Dicaprio is a very good actor, most would agree but has never ever been suggested for a superhero role but he simply doesn't fit them.

I think Gosling is really smug and has the irritating *****ebag smirk on his face most of the times, I wouldn't be able to tolerate him as Batman. He can be GL if he wants, but definitely not Batman.

Yes Dicaprio is a very good actor, most would agree but has never ever been suggested for a superhero role but he simply doesn't fit them.

I think Gosling is really smug and has the irritating *****ebag smirk on his face most of the times, I wouldn't be able to tolerate him as Batman. He can be GL if he wants, but definitely not Batman.

To be honest, I think Gosling has what it takes to make one hell of a Steve Trevor when we finally get a Wonder Woman film off the ground.

He turned down Spiderman, was offered multiple roles by Nolan before he finally took, one in Inception. Trust me if there was a chance of getting him for any character Lex, or anything Snyder and WB would jump on it. Will not happen

Most movies, Gosling, does not smirk, at least not in Drive or Place Beyond Pines. Just broods, a lot.

Urban or Brolin, it has to be one of these two I think now.

I think I get on board with Urban. I think.

tumblr_mqytkekvTB1rd1j5no1_500.jpg

but then again, he's only a year younger than this guy:
BatmanReboot_JonHamm.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get the Karl Urban thing at all, the guy is great as Bones and Dredd but asBatman no way, he's not the greatest leading man and I don't think he could pull it off and especially not Bruce Wayne.

I gone tell you something very strange when you look to karl Urban don't you see something? for real, he got some kind of aura or something it been a long that i didn't saw this in an actor.

I'd love Brolin as Bruce Wayne/Batman..But just not for this film when connected to Cavil as Supes

The thing with Urban is, is he a leading man? He's part of the Star Trek franchise but he has a side role there. And suddenly now, he's the lead in one of the biggest franchise roles today?

There must be a reason, right, as to why he isn't the lead even in the Star Trek franchise.

And besides he played a comedic role in that one, as a sort of comic relief, will the audience suddenly accept him as this brutal badass hero? A pretty big transition if you ask me, even I would think back to his Star Trek persona and think he's gonna crack a joke or something.

I honestly doubt that Urban would get the part but I wonder if he would give up on his own show in order to do Batman if given the choice.

The thing with Urban is, is he a leading man? He's part of the Star Trek franchise but he has a side role there. And suddenly now, he's the lead in one of the biggest franchise roles today?

There must be a reason, right, as to why he isn't the lead even in the Star Trek franchise.

And besides he played a comedic role in that one, as a sort of comic relief, will the audience suddenly accept him as this brutal badass hero? A pretty big transition if you ask me, even I would think back to his Star Trek persona and think he's gonna crack a joke or something.

Yes, he does it pretty well in Dredd.

It seems like you're only seen in a very limited amount of films from how you're judging him. If you haven't seen Dredd, you've probably seen him in Lord of the Rings. I don't recall him cracking jokes.

Besides, rooting for the underdog is not a bad thing.

And you're at it again with this perception of certain actors. Watch Drive, Blue Valentine and The Place Beyond the Pines before making comments like this.

He also played a villain in both Riddick and Bourne as well.

Yeah and you can't really count Dredd as leafing man status cause it isn't a big film

Yes, he does it pretty well in Dredd.
Well did many people see it at all to qualify? I am going by how the audiences have seen him. Dredd was a financial disaster (again indicating that he might not be a leading man) and not seen much by anybody. I think his greatest exposure to the public is Star Trek.

Your saying he can't play a brutal badass?,Have you not seen him in this role?

Nobody had much faith in Michael Keaton either cause of Mr Nanny and Beetle Juice!

I gone tell you something very strange when you look to karl Urban don't you see something? for real, he got some kind of aura or something it been a long that i didn't saw this in an actor.

No I think he's either very good or very bad, in films like Pathfinder he was terrible

Films like Lord of the Rings, Star Trek and Dredd he's solid in. Only one of them that's a leading role is Dredd but its not a big movie. I don't think he can carry Batman,

Well did many people see it at all to qualify? I am going by how the audiences have seen him. Dredd was a financial disaster (again indicating that he might not be a leading man) and not seen much by anybody. I think his greatest exposure to the public is Star Trek.

I think you're thinking too much about the populous and not on what you think. Of course, studio heads sometimes don't want certain actors with a stigma or are seen as a liability (Ryan Reynolds) but you're forgetting that Christian Bale's biggest exposure before Batman was the indie hit American Psycho, along with lesser efforts like Metro and Reign of Fire. And of course, Equilibrium. Henry Cavill had Immortals and The Tudors.

Keaton had comedies including being Beetle Juice before Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"