• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling Doomsday could very well be in this and the statue is for his "death" at the end of the film.

Honestly the Statue of Superman looks like the Creation of Adam by Michaeangelo.

I get the feeling Doomsday could very well be in this and the statue is for his "death" at the end of the film.

I think his death has to come after the JL is formed. The thrust of that story was the reaction of the JL members to his death.

It may even be that this statue is for JL1. Rumors are JL films back to back with BvS.

I think his death has to come after the JL is formed. The thrust of that story was the reaction of the JL members to his death.

It may even be that this statue is for JL1. Rumors are JL films back to back with BvS.

I agree with that just speculating maybe in this universe his death will bring out all the other heroes to form the justice League and we'll see his return in the JL film.

Back to back filming hasn't been confirmed right?

I agree with that just speculating maybe in this universe his death will bring out all the other heroes to form the justice League and we'll see his return in the JL film.

Back to back filming hasn't been confirmed right?

But the JL members except for WW won't really be in BvS.

This is a story you don't do in the second film. Maybe not even in JL1 as that film has to focus on introducing the JL members in their own right.

This is like your big-gun story and I'd guess they'd build to that. Maybe not do it to JL2 and resolve it with JL3.

Back to back filming has not been confirmed.

Last edited:
statue2.jpg

OMG!!!!

I think this statue is in honor of Superman bowling a perfect game.

Back to Back film is not confirmed, but pretty much possible.
THR (Boryis Kit) said that it will be happening.
Maybe the confirmation is at SDCC?

Back to Back film is not confirmed, but pretty much possible.
THR (Boryis Kit) said that it will be happening.
Maybe the confirmation is at SDCC?

Yeah. Which is why I think this statue could be for JL. Doing the death of story in the first JL though seems a bit rushed to me. You want to build to your big stories - Doomsday and Darkside.

Hughes says its possible JL could be split into 2 films. That would imply a cliffhanger ending a la Superman MIA at the end of JL after maybe saving the world. The statue is then built for him.

But it could well be this statue has nothing to do with a future Doomsday death of story.

maybe clark decided to make a statue of himself instead of his parents in the fortress of solitude.
fortress-of-solitude.jpg

maybe clark decided to make a statue of himself instead of his parents in the fortress of solitude.
fortress-of-solitude.jpg

Lol, super-narcissist. Definitely this generations superman.

There seem to be two possibilities for the statue, one seen at the beginning of the film in respect for the events of mos, or for the end of BvS, to commemorate those events. If it's at the beginning maybe it's unfinished and being worked on, and maybe gets destroyed during a battle. If it's the end, maybe it's a remembrance statue, meaning doomsday or something like it, which would likely lead to the creation of the justice league. Lots of possibilities, but these two scenarios seem most likely as of now (based on this little to no evidence, lol)

Or what if Superman helps rebuild Metropolis right after MOS and in return they honor him with a statue?

Saving the world counts as "really heroic" to me.

I think if he did try to help at that point in time, people would just be telling Supes to f**k off because they would more or less associate Clark with the invaders as he did send a signal out to them and brought them to Earth even if the Daily Planet paints him as a saviour. People are still wary of him right now. I think this film will have a high stakes plot which would give Clark a chance to be the hero of the movie. Call me silly or whatever but I think this could potentially renew faiths that despite the title, the plot could be very Superman-centric.

I think if he did try to help at that point in time, people would just be telling Supes to f**k off because they would more or less associate Clark with the invaders as he did send a signal out to them and brought them to Earth even if the Daily Planet paints him as a saviour. People are still wary of him right now. I think this film will have a high stakes plot which would give Clark a chance to be the hero of the movie. Call me silly or whatever but I think this could potentially renew faiths that despite the title, the plot could be very Superman-centric.

You think the people will know Clark is Supes? You mention the people will associate Clark w/ the invaders as he sent the signal out. But don't the people think Superman sent it out?

The statue could be at the end of the movie, I don't think people will be mad with him cause Superman saved them. I don't know if people know that Superman triggered the signal (with pretty much not noticing it). But the military (part of it) know his actions on the invasion, some people that saw him (the family of 4 that was saved by Superman) and of course Daily Planet could have that. Maybe Superman helped on the time BvS started, with the W.E. or new acts from Superman's part that will make the people know the hero Supes is.

People don't know Clark is Superman....where are you getting that from?

Yeah. Which is why I think this statue could be for JL. Doing the death of story in the first JL though seems a bit rushed to me. You want to build to your big stories - Doomsday and Darkside.

Hughes says its possible JL could be split into 2 films. That would imply a cliffhanger ending a la Superman MIA at the end of JL after maybe saving the world. The statue is then built for him.

But it could well be this statue has nothing to do with a future Doomsday death of story.

I agree with you on the first paragraph. It's too soon for Doomsday. If they only want to do Brainiac-Doomsday for the cliffhanger of BvS and then JL1 and making the story a little bit different I'd say yeah. Or it could be the cliffhanger of JL1-JL2 to stablish Doomsday or Darkseid and then putting the story that you said. There's a quite much possibilities.

The statue could be at the end of the movie, I don't think people will be mad with him cause Superman saved them. I don't know if people know that Superman triggered the signal (with pretty much not noticing it). But the military (part of it) know his actions on the invasion, some people that saw him (the family of 4 that was saved by Superman) and of course Daily Planet could have that. Maybe Superman helped on the time BvS started, with the W.E. or new acts from Superman's part that will make the people know the hero Supes is.

Yeah. Assuming Bats and Supes come together by the end and defeat Luthor or expose him then Metropolis could build him a statue. As simple as that. No Doomsday yet and the statue really does not match the Centennial park statue from the death of story.

I also read it could be the statue that ends up at the Hall of Justice - assuming they have that in the JL film.

Last edited:
You think the people will know Clark is Supes? You mention the people will associate Clark w/ the invaders as he sent the signal out. But don't the people think Superman sent it out?

Sorry, force of habit. As a fan of the Smallville show, I tend to call him Clark even when he's doing superhero stuff like on the show as the show makes you get to know him as Clark the person behind the identity. I know that the larger world doesn't know Clark Kent is Superman and that the Clark Kent identity has nothing to do with the invaders.

I have a feeling that the statue is not from the end of the movie.
But it could be for the end of the movie. Who knows? :D

The statue is really a trick by angry Greeks wishing to take over Metropolis. They will pop out of it and take over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"