BvS Batman v Superman - Reviews Thread [TAG SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's hard to miss. He's EVERYWHERE in these threads repeating the same thing over and over.

Aren't a lot of people doing that? Poni Boy comes to mind as someone on the opposite end. While I disagree with him, he's completely entitled to his opinion. I'd never accuse him of working for some competing studio just because he didn't like the movie.

The film technically hasn't even come out yet. If you're bothered by repetitive arguments now, just wait until this weekend.

Yeah, others are doing that but since they go along with what JtheDreamer thinks, he doesn't say anything. Pure hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jgpihpnv3Q

My favorite youtube reviewers did a good job breaking this movie down without spoiling it. They gave praise to Ben Affleck's Batman, and the first hour of the movie, but then viciously tore apart the poor editing, Lex Luthor's character, Cavil's portrayal of Superman, among other things. These are my go to guys when I'm on the fence about a movie, and they articulated really well the problems this movie had.

Just saw it ...and I actually really really liked it. I was kinda worried after so many bad reviews, but I shouldn't have been at all. I really don't know what the critics are smoking this time. With Man of Steel I can understand (I never liked it tbh) but this was sooo much better.

- Superman as character was here so much better than in MOS and Henry was great.
- Ben killed it as Batman/Bruce (definitely my fav since Keaton).
- Gal was wonderful (and this is coming from someone who was against her casting since day 1 - can't wait for the WW movie).
- I really loved Jesse's take on Lex (I think many won't like him, but I thought he was a very good villian, much better than Zod at any rate)

- Rest of the cast did a great job as well, especially Amy (Clois was everything I've ever wanted :hrt: - thank you Snyder!)

There were of course a few flaws; for example the editing and pace in the 1st half - sometimes it felt kinda randomly put together.

My best friend who saw it with me, liked it as well, and she hated MOS lol. Can't wait to see it again this weekend.

8/10

Last edited:
Good, maybe Geoff will be like "First off!
Batman does not kill"
Moving on!

I don't think Bats will kill too much now, he regained his humanity by the end of the film, unless that's too ingrained in him

I don't think Bats will kill too much now, he regained his humanity by the end of the film, unless that's too ingrained in him

yes, i agree with this.. i think supes has changed him a bit and he'll lighten up a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jgpihpnv3Q

My favorite youtube reviewers did a good job breaking this movie down without spoiling it. They gave praise to Ben Affleck's Batman, and the first hour of the movie, but then viciously tore apart the poor editing, Lex Luthor's character, Cavil's portrayal of Superman, among other things. These are my go to guys when I'm on the fence about a movie, and they articulated really well the problems this movie had.

Thanks I saw it and loved it. Subscribed!

no humour in this film? come on I defy anybody not to laugh at the accompanying guitar riff to wonder woman in action

I just saw it last night. My thoughts:

-Really liked it, was quite apprehensive going in considering all the hate it's been getting and plus I didn't really like MOS that much (although the more I've watched it, the more I've liked it) so I was very pleased
-I can see why it's divisive although I definitely don't think it deserves the amount of hate it's been getting
-The pacing was a little weird at times and I felt some scenes were sort of randomly put in
-There were also some scenes which I thought were visually stunning
-The [BLACKOUT]Martha moment got me right in the feels, I literally teared up, thought it was a really powerful scene[/BLACKOUT]
-[BLACKOUT]I would have preferred if they'd waited until a later movie to the Death of Superman storyarc but I can see how it worked, I liked how it showed that Superman really did have a genuine effect on Batman and made him realise that 'men are still good'[/BLACKOUT]
-Liked Lex
-Thought the soundtrack was beautiful

It's not a simple movie, it's quite complicated and is much more complicated than most of the other superhero movies I've seen, which in turn can mean that some people find it a bit confusing, which I completely understand. Overall, I loved it

Last edited:

It's shown in the scene between Batman and Lex that he's not going to be a killer anymore

Glad my worries proved wrong. Fantastic movie, not without flaws, but it's my favorite comic book movie of all time. Not gonna bore you with analysis, all I'm gonna say is: if you didn't watch it yet, stay out of spoilers and go watch it NOW.

I just saw it last night. My thoughts:

-Really liked it, was quite apprehensive going in considering all the hate it's been getting and plus I didn't really like MOS that much (although the more I've watched it, the more I've liked it) so I was very pleased
-I can see why it's divisive although I definitely don't think it deserves the amount of hate it's been getting
-The pacing was a little weird at times and I felt some scenes were sort of randomly put in
-There were also some scenes which I thought were visually stunning
-The [BLACKOUT]Martha moment got me right in the feels, I literally teared up, thought it was a really powerful scene[/BLACKOUT]
-[BLACKOUT]I would have preferred if they'd waited until a later movie to the Death of Superman storyarc but I can see how it worked, I liked how it showed that Superman really did have a genuine effect on Batman and made him realise that 'men are still good'[/BLACKOUT]
-Liked Lex
-Thought the soundtrack was beautiful

It's not a simple movie, it's quite complicated and is much more complicated than most of the other superhero movies I've seen, which in turn can mean that some people find it a bit confusing, which I completely understand. Overall, I loved it

Perfect review. I seem to like the same things as you in regards to CBM. You just got me hyped again, kind sir

Just LOVED it!!! Omg I really CAN'T undestand why on earth american critics are so bad about this (I'm brazillian and here the reveiws I saw are good)!! Cbm genre needed VARIATION, and its a very different movie!!
TDK remais in 1st at my list but now I think this one is 2nd.
The story is about Superman, the others do things because of him, felt like MoS 2 with more DC caracters. Batman is GREAT, loved Ben. WW is soooo cool. Lex is really a villain, wich was lacking in the genre ~maybe~ since Joker. Louis is verry good (didn't like her in MoS). Visuals are reaaaaaly beautiful and good to look. And a lot of mithology.
Little things could be changed in the beggining, but I liked it the way it is.

9\10

Just saw it ...and I actually really really liked it. I was kinda worried after so many bad reviews, but I shouldn't have been at all. I really don't know what the critics are smoking this time. With Man of Steel I can understand (I never liked it tbh) but this was sooo much better.

- Superman as character was here so much better than in MOS and Henry was great.
- Gal was wonderful (and this is coming from someone who was against her casting since day 1 - can't wait for the WW movie).
- I really loved Jesse's take on Lex (I think many won't like him, but I thought he was a very good villian, much better than Zod at any rate)

- Rest of the cast did a great job as well, especially Amy (Clois was everything I've ever wanted :hrt: - thank you Snyder!)

There were of course a few flaws; for example the editing and pace in the 1st half - sometimes it felt kinda randomly put together.

My best friend who saw it with me, liked it as well, and she hated MOS lol. Can't wait to see it again this weekend.

8/10

Your review gives me hope since I did not like MOS as well. I am so wishing to be surprised tomorrow.

Ok maybe it was because I went in with such low expectations but I really enjoyed it. I give it a 7.5. Or perhaps it is because I am not a DC guy. I have thought for a long time they are their own harshest critics but it does make sense. It is too bad they crammed 2 stories into this. It seems like they could have had 2 great movies(with a different director of course) with the material Snyder just burned through.

Just seen the movie, 8/10, gave me goosebumps at some of the sweet spots. It's a thick movie, a lot of people won't be able to process everything, I can tell.

After this, I'm really questioning why Rotten Tomatoes has so much clout, critics completely misread this flick.

Just back from seeing it the second time. IMO, it's brilliant. Great movie. Going with friends tomorrow. I've never seen anything even twice in theaters.

Just back from seeing it the second time. IMO, it's brilliant. Great movie. Going with friends tomorrow. I've never seen anything even twice in theaters.
I saw Inception twice. BvS is gonna be my second multiple viewings experience. :yay:

8/10

Been in a bit of a funk since I saw B v S last night.

Reading reviews like this make me feel better - as while I was a bit disappointed, at least some people really enjoyed it.

More power to you, I wish I felt the same.

I'm going to have to let this digest because I'm not sure if I liked it or not. The performances were pretty good but the editing/story left a lot to be desire.

Shouldn't there be a poll only thread? the poll for this thread is not gonna work pretty soon.

I'm going to have to let this digest because I'm not sure if I liked it or not. The performances were pretty good but the editing/story left a lot to be desire.

I think that you summed it up really well.

I'm a bit ho-hum about the film now, but maybe I was too hyped to begin with. I'll need to see it again (without the hype) and then I can probably be a bit more realistic about its merits and faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"