DeFett

Custom Title
Reaction score
Batmobile up for auction
From correspondents in London
February 19, 2007 07:38am
Article from: Press Association

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,21248508-10388,00.html

A 1960s Batmobile created to promote the original Batman television show is to be auctioned in London later this month.

The superhero's car, believed to be the sixth produced, is expected to fetch more than £75,000 ($187,000) when it goes under the hammer at Coys Spring Classics auction on February 27.

The Batmobile was devised when the cartoon superhero suffered a broken leg in the 1950s, and his trusty sidekick Robin built the vehicle to allow him to continue protecting the residents of Gotham City.

The car became world famous, featuring in more than 100 episodes of the show, with Adam West as Batman and Burt Ward as Robin.

The Batmobile going on sale was one of a number produced to tour the country and promote the show, and was built by Jay Ohrberg of Jay Ohrberg Star Cars in Hollywood, California.

The black open-top car, which dates from around 1966, has bat-like wings, bright red lines, twin canopies and a "batphone".

The lot also includes a photograph of the original Batmobile, signed by its creator George Barris and Adam West.

It is one of hundreds of cars and items of motoring memorabilia going on sale in the Coys Spring Classics auction at the Royal Horticultural Hall in London.

Now, that Batmobile is really a masterpiece of art in wheels!

Holy £75,000 Batman! I think me buyin' Batmobile is out of the quesion.

Holy £75,000 Batman! I think me buyin' Batmobile is out of the quesion.
^lol.
This one isn't a Batmobile but it's half price:
294674-half-price.jpg

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"