• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bear gets back at Goldilocks

Teelie

Fish Food
Reaction score
"Sleep in my bed will you? I'll just sleep here on your porch!"

130817060029-bear-text-story-top.jpg

A Florida family got into a hairy situation recently when a black bear decided to take a hour-long snooze on their lanai.

The MacDonough children were at their Naples home with the babysitter while mom Alice had just gone out for lunch, when the furry creature lumbered up to the enclosed patio, and settled in for some shuteye.

Ordering the children to get down on hands and knees (all four paws?) the babysitter had them crawl to a back bedroom and hide out, with 7-year-old Mason MacDonough furiously texting his mom about the unbearable situation.

"Mom!! there's a bear in the lana not outside inside our porch help"

"!!!!"

"not jokin"

"Next too couch outside help!!!"
"He's sleeping"

"Sleeping that's right"

"The bear sleeping in the Lana"

"Inside the Lana"

"Omg"

"!"

"Sleeping omg"

"What do we do"

Eventually, the bear answered the question, rousing itself and lumbering off while children and babysitter waited.

According to Alice MacDonough, the family has lived at their home for 10 years, and plenty of bears have been spotted in their backyard, but this was the closest one had ever come. Mason told CNN affiliate WBBH, "I couldn't believe my eyes -- it was so big."

MacDonough told CNN she thinks she knows what the bear is coming for, and it's not honey. Pizza and Chinese takeout were snatched from her neighbor's home just the other day, leaving the fruits and veggies behind.

A capture trap was set for the bear by state wildlife officers, but MacDonough hopes the bear stays away for its own good, and finds somewhere else to hunker down.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials told CNN affiliate WBBH that the MacDonough family did everything right by keeping garbage and pet food inside, and they think the bear was just looking for a dry spot for that nap.
CNN

"A capture trap was set for the bear by state wildlife officers, but MacDonough hopes the bear stays away for its own good, and finds somewhere else to hunker down."

Great, so now they're gonna hunt the thing down even though it didn't hurt anybody.

Close your doors maybe?

The article says the bear wandered onto their lanai, which has no doors. But it also says it's an enclosed patio, which has doors. Which is it?! Did a bear just happen to wander onto their property, or did they leave a door open for all kinds of wildlife to get in?! I need to know whether I can judge these people!

I'd judge them for using a fancy word like lanai when it's a freaking porch with a roof.

Yes, Moe has it exactly right, that's a car hole.

Hold, hole, same difference. Still sounds like he said hole to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"