• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dark Phoenix Beast and Mystique. Will they look like human the whole movie again?

Are we thinking of the comics or of the film version of the characters?

You probably could look at quicksilver for example and say he is a far more comedic character for the movies then the source material.
He was pretty comedic in Evolution, I cant speak of the actual comics since I didnt read much with him involved to get a grasp of his personality.
I think that's an excuse that doesn't wash. It's undermined right of the gate too, because we've seen both characters work well in full make-up, over 10 years ago. It's how they're supposed to look. The is certainly an old-school filmmaker stigma about hiding actor's faces. We've seen it mentioned about Cyclops' visor and Spidey's mask in the past as well. It's dated and stupid, and needs to stop.
Quoted for truth. :wowe:

Mystique got a bodysuit in the last movie, she'll probably won't be the central character this time, which means Jennifer only needs face-painting (which will hopefully be better than the last time) and the wig, minus an obligatory Raven scene, I think she can handle it this time, she can be Mystique for 80% of the movie, she's a big girl....please?

Imagine if Paul Bethany was in human for most of Civil War? How regrettable.

Agreed.

Mystique... eh. I don't really care at this point. The character is established as switching out a lot so it's fine. I'll be happy if Lawrence looks alive this time around.

Beast needs to be blue. He should have been his furry self last time, no more stalling. I hope they step up with his make-up too. Bring in some CGI tweaks as well if necessary.

Hopefully since she will be getting a pay raise she wanted, she will be more happy to be here. I actually liked her a lot in FC and thought she was fine (if it a bit wooden in the airport scene) in DOFP. But she was out to lunch for all of Apocalypse. Since she agreed to come back, I hope she is finding new enthusiasm in addition to what is presumably a nice raise.

She's more wooden than Groot. No wonder she wants to be in Guardians...

She's Groot's half-sister.

Hopefully since she will be getting a pay raise she wanted, she will be more happy to be here. I actually liked her a lot in FC and thought she was fine (if it a bit wooden in the airport scene) in DOFP. But she was out to lunch for all of Apocalypse. Since she agreed to come back, I hope she is finding new enthusiasm in addition to what is presumably a nice raise.
Idk but this is hilarious to me :lmao: I agree though lets hope the performance is better this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"