• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Belated Slyquel - Tango & Cash or Cobra ?

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Stallone made a success out of The Rocky comeback and looks set to continue next year with Rambo, so i took a look at his filmography, now most of the action characters he played from the mid 80s through to the mid 90's in his prime, really completed their stories in the single movie and weren't characters that catered to a sequel.

2 stood out though as being like a Dirty Harry or Riggs and Murtaugh, the types you can make sequels out of as you simply build an action movie around the character(s)...These were Marion Cobretti and Ray Tango of Tango & Cash, so if Sly were to give one of these another shot (surmising John Rambo is a success) which would you like to see ?

Tango & Cash 2 Sly and Kurt take on the ghosts of Jack Palance and Brion James.

I'm serious.

Neither movie deserves a sequel. And even if they got a sequel it would flop so badly! Only people over over 17 or 18 actually remember those movies. Rocky and Rambo are part of pop culture. Cobra and Tango & Cash are movies only remembered by people of a certain age.

I like Tago and Cash over most of the other buddy cop movies. I'm surprised they didn't get a sequel for a while now. It's a little too late for one. Maybe 10 years ago....

And Cobra is good as is. I remember it wasn't even a success when it came out. Personally...because of that movie...I thought Stallone should have made a Punisher movie instead back then

Tango & Cash ...love it.

Cobra and after that Hollywood should get right into this belated sequel thing and do "Godzilla 2" where the surviving egg hatches has a bunch more babies and wipes out mankind. (except for a small group of survivors ready to strike back in Godzilla 3)

I voted for tango and cash, it might be fun to watch Stallone and Russell again. I would also want to see a sequel to Demolition Man (i would it guess be a direct to dvd movie, though).

I went for Tango and Cash, it was a fun partnership and seeing them as grizzled old veterans teaming up again i think has more potential than an old Marion Cobretti laying waste to 4 dozen baddies.

BOTH!!!! BOTH!!!!

I'd guess on this age and time it would be easier to replicate successfully the tone of Tango & Cash than the one on Cobra.

I love Cobra, but the dude is a terrible Cop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"