Ben 10 Coming to The Big Sreen

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
Joel Silver has signed on to develop a live-action feature film based on Cartoon Network's "Ben 10" sci-fi franchise, with an eye toward distribution through Warner Bros. The show, popular with boys, has consistently logged high ratings in both cartoon series and live-action TV movie form on the Turner kidnet, nearing the 4 million viewer mark with telepic "Ben 10: Race Against Time." Silver said he aims to make the bigscreen version a potential franchise starter.
The Warners-based Silver said his sons clued him in to the world of Ben Tennyson, a boy who can transform into 10 different alien creatures
with the help of a glovelike device called the Omnitrix.
"I think we have to try something fresh and go at it in a way that stays true to the original material," Silver said. "I have a 5-year-old and a 9-year-old, so it's somewhere between them."
It's not Silver's first foray into kids' action films, of course. "I tried to do (something similar) with 'Speed Racer' and failed miserably," he said. "You always learn more from the ones that don't work than the ones that do work."
"Ben 10" licensed goods have been notably successful for Cartoon, with several toy lines already established. The franchise also ranks No. 1 among the net's properties in electronic sales (including several vidgames and on-demand replays of episodes and movies).
"I cannot think of anyone better suited than Joel Silver to develop a theatrical action-driven adventure based on our franchise Ben 10," said Stu Snyder, chief operating officer of Turner's animation, young adults and kids media division.
Dark Castle's Steve Richards (who has signed on to produce with fellow shingle co-prexy Andrew Rona and Silver) said that the bigscreen version of "Ben 10" would be completely recast from the character's previous live-action incarnations, and that the producers want to go as big as possible with the project.
"We really see this as a large, big-budgeted tentpole movie," Richards said.
Silver and Dark Castle are currently seeking writers for "Ben 10." Meanwhile, Silver said he's preparing to kick into high gear on "Project X," which is slated for next year, and "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows," skedded for December.

Source:Variety
Ben-10-Alien-Force-ben-10-alien-force-8258529-1280-1024.jpg

So are they starting at Ben 10? It would suck if they go straight to "Ultimate Alien."

who knows it would be much easier to find an older than yougner actor

I have a feeling that Logan Lerman is gonna at least audition for this.

I have a feeling that Logan Lerman is gonna at least audition for this.

Josh Hutcherson will probably too. He needs big name franchise role to connect to. As annoying as the kids show is, I rather have WB adapting this like Speedracer or Dragonball Evolution and destroying it, than Jonny Quest.

If I remember correctly,there were 2 live action movies on the cartoon network.
I'd see this movie,but just for the alien forms that Ben becomes and Kevin's absorbing ability.Gwen's ability would all be in CGI.

This *****e from my hometown was in the live action version of this. He played Kevin Eleven or whatever the sidekick's name is. I sat through about 10 minutes of it before I turned it off. What a bunch of crap.

Finally. They could potentially milk a sextology out of this if done right.

Last edited:
What other CN shows got the big screen treatment?

Finally, I'm actually surprised this hasnt been made already. Ben 10 is HUGE. Those tv movies were terrible but the last one was slightly more terrible than the first.

I hope they start with Ben10 and as the franchise goes on the actor grows into Ultimate Alien.

Oh and I liked Speed Racer :whatever:

I've really only seen Ben 10 but I think the concept is good and quite film worthy and (as a young adult) this is one of the few post 90's kids shows that I could actually see making a good film. I know they did the telemovies but I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner really..

I would say that it should go from Ben 10 and jump to Ultimate Alien. Alien Force took awhile to get good IMO. First season was meh.

Or they should just do their own thing and create something new. Either way it needs to be better than those made for tv movies. You hardly see any aliens at all lol. I know CGI budget is low for TV, but why make a movie just showing the humans run around scooby do style and not show the CGI. Plus the cartoon stories are better than the live action IMO.

as alien force takes place 5 years after the original they could make in least 2 movies based on the original Ben 10 series, if they made only one i don't think that with Vilgax there would be time to introduce Kevin as a villain in the first film.
They should get the kids from Super 8 if they want this to be good.

I'm interested, though I do hope they base the movie continuity closely off of Alien Force or Ultimate Alien. I really hate how annoying young Ben and Gwen were, and young Kevin as a sociopathic villain. While their teen counterparts are far more tolerable and likeable. I only became a fan after they all grew up.

I'm interested, though I do hope they base the movie continuity closely off of Alien Force or Ultimate Alien. I really hate how annoying young Ben and Gwen were, and young Kevin as a sociopathic villain. While their teen counterparts are far more tolerable and likeable. I only became a fan after they all grew up.
Ben 10 was cute but the kiddie angle was a big turn off to me. I like the characters as teens better, especially Gwen.

True, when they were kids they were very annoying but they gotta start somewhere and Super 8 proved that you can have kids as protagonists in an Aliens (in least monsters) movie.

This....is....actually kinda cool, i like Ben 10 and if they are gonna do this they better do it right cause the tv movies were total ****.

True, when they were kids they were very annoying but they gotta start somewhere and Super 8 proved that you can have kids as protagonists in an Aliens (in least monsters) movie.
Good child acting has been around before Super 8. And those actors were like 12 to 15 weren't they? Thats still older than Ben Tenison was as I recall. I'd be happer with 14 to 16 year olds personally. I just don't want to see two 10 year olds running around for an hour and 30 minutes.

LOL, do you guys remember when The Rock was gonna play Johnny Bravo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"