Best Black Widow portrayal/appearance

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
With the premiere of her solo film comes Natasha's (most likely) final film appearance. In your opinion, which film had the best appearance or portrayal of BW, and why?

Black Widow. She's finally given the spotlight and she shined. Considerable mentions to Endgame, Winter Soldier and Avengers

In terms of her as a character, I'd have to say Black Widow since she's given more time to shine in it but I think out of all the MCU films she's been in, Endgame has the best performance from Johansson. Her scene with Steve at the Avengers Facility shortly after the "Five Years Later" moment and her scene with Clint on Vormir were some of the standouts in that whole movie.

Her solo gave her a lot of time on screen and concepts to explore. Having said that for a good part of the film they portray her as a
child manipulator and killer even though she was working for SHIELD and trying to get out
that part didn't sit right with me for her, especially after her childhood, and with her trying to grow and clean the red from her ledger at that point. It just generally seemed to conflict pretty heavily with everything else we've learned about her. Could also be that I know to much about where she ended up for it to make sense at this point as well.

End Game offers the best look at her characterization and growth.

The entire progression from killer sex symbol in IM2 to deep and reflective in EG though has been fun to watch.

i liked that. it shows that SHIELD wasn't as pure as fury tried to sell it and she wanted to get out that much

The Winter Soldier, Endgame, & Black Widow were the best.

In The Winter Soldier you really see Nat in her spy element.
In Endgame you see her assume the Nick Fury role & her story comes full circle with her sacrifice.
In Black Widow you see her origin and she takes center stage after a decade of film appearances.

Haven't seen the film yet.
At this point, my favorite would have to be her performance n Winter Soldier.
It is the first time that I saw Natasha as a full fledged character, a person with doubts.

Favourites are Winter Soldier and Endgame

Haven’t seen BW yet.

Either this or Winter Soldier. Her pestering Steve while chewing gum was a lot of fun, but she gets more overall time to shine here.

The Winter Soldier, Endgame, & Black Widow were the best.

In The Winter Soldier you really see Nat in her spy element.
In Endgame you see her assume the Nick Fury role & her story comes full circle with her sacrifice.
In Black Widow you see her origin and she takes center stage after a decade of film appearances.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"