Best Batman portrayal

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Out of all the Batmans there have ever been, who in your opinion is the best portrayal of the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman in terms of comic accuracy?

I voted for Batfleck...Ben Affleck was probably the best portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman in recent memory besides Bale. Why I say that? Ben just had the overall look for Bruce in terms of being a muscular brute which is what Bruce Wayne is in the comics and Ben played the role of playboy in fine suits perfectly but also had that darkness to him too. Bale obviously had all of that and more but he didn't have the comic accurate size.

I also enjoy Ben Afflack is Bruce wane!! my faovirte batman going up was probably micheal Keaton batman!! now i also liked christian bales batman!! he was kind of on the serious side of batman!!
others
batman Adam west
Val kilmer
george clooney

Strictly speaking in terms of accuracy? Adam West by a mile. That's a pretty spot-on portrayal of the character at the time.

I have a personal preference to Bale because I prefer the more serious version of the character. More crime story with costumes and less "comic booky." I find it hard to really compare Bale and West directly because they aren't even attempting to play similar versions of the character. Basically they are both great at what they trying to do.

I voted for Keaton before I saw what you said about comic accuracy. I don't care about comic accuracy, so...
I care for accuracy, or at least imagine I do, but I still love Keaton more than most of them.

Adam West is the only guy on the poll who comes remotely close to being a comic book Batman come to life.
George Clooney came close too, closer than everyone that isn't Adam West.

For the most part, George Clooney was basically just playing himself in a Batman costume. He wasn't anywhere close to capturing the spirit of Batman from the comics.

His performance may have been unmatching to how Batman should normally behave, but the character he played was written to be the most Batman out of all of them.

Clooney was a good fit for Bruce Wayne. I remember seeing a suggestion that if there were ever a Batman Beyond movie, Clooney should play old Bruce instead of Keaton (for the sake of a redemption) and I kinda like that idea.

Overall tho I'm giving it to Bale. He had a great arc throughout the trilogy and he's closest to a typical, modern day/darker Batman so far. West is obviously exactly like the Batman of that particular era, but I feel like most people prefer the darker take over the camp.

His performance may have been unmatching to how Batman should normally behave, but the character he played was written to be the most Batman out of all of them.

To each their own. For me, both Schumacher Batmen come off as generic crime fighters in terms of their writing, Clooney way more than Kilmer.

For the most part, George Clooney was basically just playing himself in a Batman costume. He wasn't anywhere close to capturing the spirit of Batman from the comics.

Clooney was a good fit for Bruce Wayne. I remember seeing a suggestion that if there were ever a Batman Beyond movie, Clooney should play old Bruce instead of Keaton (for the sake of a redemption) and I kinda like that idea.
I loathe the film Batman & Robin and Clooney's version of Batman, but I did think he was a good Bruce Wayne.

To each their own. For me, both Schumacher Batmen come off as generic crime fighters in terms of their writing, Clooney way more than Kilmer.
Yeah but Kilmer seemed so ****ing bland to me . **** like that is when I can't even say anything when people call Batman "bland" or "boring".

Michael Keaton.

Ben Affleck and why

1- Ben actually nails the role in terms of tortured soul/tortured psyche which is what Bruce has
2- His Batman actually showcases real detective skills which is something Bale or any one else does not do

3- Ben's Batman actually is a pure strategist which is what Batman is at heart and Ben nails that
4- Ben actually looks like Batman in terms of comic accurate looks
5- Ben's Batman actually trains like Batman does and should in terms of physical fitness

Kilmer was definitely an underrated Batman

He was the only one of the 90s Batmen where they actually put in an effort to explore his character. It is the only one of those films that it is really Batman's story as opposed to the villain's story. It is about him going from a man who has a personal pathological need to be Batman to one who does it because he chooses to be that way for the greater good. Not perfect by any stretch, and it was apparently gutted from what was originally in the script, but still better than Keaton or Clooney got to work with.

He was the only one of the 90s Batmen where they actually put in an effort to explore his character. It is the only one of those films that it is really Batman's story as opposed to the villain's story. It is about him going from a man who has a personal pathological need to be Batman to one who does it because he chooses to be that way for the greater good. Not perfect by any stretch, and it was apparently gutted from what was originally in the script, but still better than Keaton or Clooney got to work with.

I wholly agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"