Favorite Batman portrayal and why

It's a forum I'm sure you don't read every single post. I as responding to what Manhunter said.

Yes, I do if I am going to make a point as part of a discussion between two members. Otherwise how do you know what has been said and what hasn't.

It's my right, as usual you like telling people what they should and shouldn't do

Yes, that's right. Offering advice on good forum etiquette is you being told what to do. You poor thing.

I don't think it was at all anymore. They just happened to have a little more interaction. Nothing substantial same as Returns.

Explain to me how you equate 3 seconds together as the same as them discussing Two Face, Stickley's suicide, Gordon bringing Dick to live with Bruce etc as the same.

Yes, I do if I am going to make a point as part of a discussion between two members. Otherwise how do you know what has been said and what hasn't.

Even when you're replying to something said in that last post specifically? Don't think so.

Yes, that's right. Offering advice on good forum etiquette is you being told what to do. You poor thing.

:funny: from the guy who tells people to go to a different forum.

Explain to me how you equate 3 seconds together as the same as them discussing Two Face, Stickley's suicide, Gordon bringing Dick to live with Bruce etc as the same.

where did I say it was the same? I said it wasn't substantial. I've seen BF and there interactions aren't substantial. They're not friends or partners in the fight against crime like they are in the comics, animation, dark knight trilogy etc,

Even when you're replying to something said in that last post specifically? Don't think so.

You can think what you like, but I know for a fact what I do when I go to make a post. If you have evidence to the contrary then post it.

from the guy who tells people to go to a different forum.

Suggests, not tells. You are the last person here to take any moral high ground after your posts on your little DCEU fan forum about many members here. Insulting and bashing them.

where did I say it was the same? I said it wasn't substantial. I've seen BF and there interactions aren't substantial. They're not friends or partners in the fight against crime like they are in the comics, animation, dark knight trilogy etc,

"Nothing substantial same as Returns."

Yes, they are partners in fighting crime since they actually call on each other to discuss some of the crime problems/villains. And they even showed hints of a friendship e.g. when Batman comes back and destroys the Riddler signal in the sky, Gordon is cheering him on and Batman gives him the thumbs up as he flies by.

You can think what you like, but I know for a fact what I do when I go to make a post. If you have evidence to the contrary then post it.

What are you jabbering on about?

Suggests, not tells. You are the last person here to take any moral high ground after your posts on your little DCEU fan forum about many members here. Insulting and bashing them.

:funny: my god you're obsessed. How am I taking any sort of moral high ground? Did someone say something about you in there that upset you? People can post what they want there, they are rightly annoyed at some of the things that go down here.

"Nothing substantial same as Returns."

Yes, they are partners in fighting crime since they actually call on each other to discuss some of the crime problems/villains. And they even showed hints of a friendship e.g. when Batman comes back and destroys the Riddler signal in the sky, Gordon is cheering him on and Batman gives him the thumbs up as he flies by.

Yeah which also wasn't substantial.

What are you jabbering on about?

Read the post again. It's not hard to understand.

my god you're obsessed. How am I taking any sort of moral high ground? Did someone say something about you in there that upset you? People can post what they want there, they are rightly annoyed at some of the things that go down here.

You're here giving out because you don't like how I phrase things about MOVIES. Then in the same breath you say it's perfectly fine to insult and bash members of this forum here. Being judged by you about good forum behavior is like having Lex Luthor tell me how to be an honest business man.

People can say what they want here about the DCEU movies. They can call them awful, terrible, the worst movies ever made if they want. There's nothing wrong with saying it.

The fierce criticisms are never going to end. Count on it.

Yeah which also wasn't substantial.

It was 10x more than what was offered in the 3 second BR "interaction". That's the original point. It was very different to Keaton because he only had one teeny tiny scene with Gordon, whereas Kilmer got to have many scenes with Gordon in and out of the Bat costume.

.You're here giving out because you don't like how I phrase things about MOVIES. Then in the same breath you say it's perfectly fine to insult and bash members of this forum here. Being judged by you about good forum behavior is like having Lex Luthor tell me how to be an honest business man.

People can say what they want here about the DCEU movies. They can call them awful, terrible, the worst movies ever made if they want. There's nothing wrong with saying it.

The fierce criticisms are never going to end. Count on it.

We've established I don't like the way you put things and that I think you do it on purpose but you're clever and do it in a certain way. Also it's been established you don't like that I mod on a Forum where people can vent and say what they like about this forum.

I never said they couldn't but the way things are said is my issue, but hey ho whatever eh?

They can but I won't stop or wishing what I love either. Cause I love the DC Films and they're great movies.

It was 10x more than what was offered in the 3 second BR "interaction". That's the original point. It was very different to Keaton because he only had one teeny tiny scene with Gordon, whereas Kilmer got to have many scenes with Gordon in and out of the Bat costume.

Irrelevant! It wasn't substantial. But again that's my opinion, not me trying to state yours for you :cwink:

We've established I don't like the way you put things and that I think you do it on purpose but you're clever and do it in a certain way. Also it's been established you don't like that I mod on a Forum where people can vent and say what they like about this forum.

Yes, you've established that many times here, and many times before. So why do you keep going on about it every time because you know it won't change, and all you've succeeded in doing in constantly bringing it up is derailing the threads like this.

I'm happy to do it when someone calls me out like this for no good reason. But this is all on you. You defending insulting other people here on your forum shows how skewed your forum "morality" is.

It's a do as I say, not as I do attitude.

I never said they couldn't but the way things are said is my issue, but hey ho whatever eh?

Yes that's right. Whatever. Because it's not breaking any rules. It's not going to stop.

They can but I won't stop or wishing what I love either. Cause I love the DC Films and they're great movies.

Nobody is trying to stop you from doing that. Do you see any of us taking you to task like this because you like those movies? No. Nobody cares. You can like what you want.

Irrelevant! It wasn't substantial. But again that's my opinion, not me trying to state yours for you

But it's not an opinion that Batman and Gordon had a lot more interaction in BF than in the Keaton movies. That's a fact. Gordon was bigger presence with that Batman. A significant difference to Keaton. One of many. Which again was the whole point of the discussion I was having with Manhunter before you jumped in repeating that they shared 3 seconds of screen time together.

Yes, you've established that many times here, and many times before. So why do you keep going on about it every time because you know it won't change, and all you've succeeded in doing in constantly bringing it up is derailing the threads like this.

I'm happy to do it when someone calls me out like this for no good reason. But this is all on you. You defending insulting other people here on your forum shows how skewed your forum "morality" is.

It's a do as I say, not as I do attitude.

:funny:

You truly are obsessed with that other forum. seen as though you know so much I'll be sure to say hi to you in that thread.r

Yes that's right. Whatever. Because it's not breaking any rules. It's not going to stop.

:whatever:

Nobody is trying to stop you from doing that. Do you see any of us taking you to task like this because you like those movies? No. Nobody cares. You can like what you want.

And I do.

But it's not an opinion that Batman and Gordon had a lot more interaction in BF than in the Keaton movies. That's a fact. Gordon was bigger presence with that Batman. A significant difference to Keaton. One of many. Which again was the whole point of the discussion I was having with Manhunter before you jumped in repeating that they shared 3 seconds of screen time together.

yes it is the Bf interaction is still not substantial and that's all there is to it. I repeated it? When I didn't even say you say it nor was it aimed at you. Gosh get over it!

You truly are obsessed with that other forum. seen as though you know so much I'll be sure to say hi to you in that thread.

Yes, I am truly obsessed. I mention it daily. To everyone I talk to. I mean you can see it in all my posts can't you.

#obsessed.

And I do.

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing another redundant point nobody disputed.

yes it is the Bf interaction is still not substantial and that's all there is to it. I repeated it? When I didn't even say you say it nor was it aimed at you. Gosh get over it!

Nobody said it was substantial. Only that there was far more of it than there was in Keaton's ones. Which is a fact, not an opinion. Your point added nothing to the discussion.

Yes, I am truly obsessed. I mention it daily. To everyone I talk to. I mean you can see it in all my posts can't you.

#obsessed.

It's always gets brought up when you're debating with me.

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing another redundant point nobody disputed.

No you don't insukt people at all just say there posts are redundant :whatever:

#moralhighground

Nobody said it was substantial. Only that there was far more of it than there was in Keaton's ones. Which is a fact, not an opinion. Your point added nothing to the discussion.

It wasn't substantial which was my point to Manhunter. There with the insults again not bad for someone who doesn't insult people.

It's always gets brought up when you're debating with me.

Because every time you and I talk, it's you harping on about posting opinions respectfully. That is a laugh riot coming from someone who did what you did.

No you don't insukt people at all just say there posts are redundant

Criticizing an irrelevant point you made is not a personal insult.

It wasn't substantial which was my point to Manhunter. There with the insults again not bad for someone who doesn't insult people.

Manhunter has seen the movies, so why did he need you to point that out to him? Criticizing your point about movie is not an insult. I think you need to go to a Mod about this and set you straight on it if you really feel you're being insulted here. This is just hilarious.

Because every time you and I talk, it's you harping on about posting opinions respectfully. That is a laugh riot coming from someone who did what you did.

Jesus what did someone say there about you that's gotten you so angry? Honestly I created a thread for people to vent there issues. There is nothing wrong with that.

Manhunter has seen the movies, so why did he need you to point that out to him? Criticizing your point about movie is not an insult. I think you need to go to a Mod about this and set you straight on it if you really feel you're being insulted here. This is just hilarious.

He didn't mention it so I did. Why does it bother you so? Honestly you're acting like your sheriff of what posts are relevant and what posts aren't. It's borderline arrogance :funny:

Jesus what did someone say there about you that's gotten you so angry? Honestly I created a thread for people to vent there issues. There is nothing wrong with that.

I am not angry. At all. Calling you out on a flame fest thread you made to show your hypocrisy when you're lecturing about how to post opinions on a movie is not anger.

He didn't mention it so I did. Why does it bother you so? Honestly you're acting like your sheriff of what posts are relevant and what posts aren't. It's borderline arrogance

It doesn't bother me. Acting like a Sheriff. You mean I am wrong to call you out on constantly telling me things that nobody mentioned or even disputed in the first place?

I'm so sorry I don't go for discussing things that are irrelevant to a discussion I'm in. What a bad person I am.

I am not angry. At all. Calling you out on a flame fest thread you made is not anger.

The thread did not start with any flaming whatsoever. It that came later than it did. People are allowed to vent if that turned into insults that's hardly my fault at all. So get off your moral high ground!

It doesn't bother me. Acting like a Sheriff. You mean I am wrong to call you out on constantly telling me things that nobody mentioned or even disputed in the first place?

I'm so sorry I don't go for discussing things that are irrelevant to a discussion I'm in. What a bad person I am.

:whatever:

The thread did not start with any flaming whatsoever. It that came later than it did. People are allowed to vent if that turned into insults that's hardly my fault at all. So get off your moral high ground!

Did you reprimand anyone for turning it into an insult fest? Did you delete any of the insults? No. You justify it as people being allowed to vent. But people are not allowed to phrase the DCEU movies suck in a certain way because it annoys you.

Say that out loud to yourself. It's ok to insult other people, but it's not ok to criticize the DCEU movies in a certain way you don't like. Are you laughing yet? Because it's comedy gold.

Did you reprimand anyone for turning it into an insult fest? Did you delete any of the insults? No. You justify it as people being allowed to vent. But people are not allowed to phrase the DCEU movies suck in a certain way because it annoys you.

Your whole argument here is a joke.

No our forum is freedom of speech. People can say what they want. You're not a member there so it's none of your business on our rules.

I never said that but you twist it anyway you want.

My argument is a joke? :funny: really classy there fella

I see you edited it :whatever:

No our forum is freedom of speech. People can say what they want.

Pity you can't extend that courtesy to the DCEU criticism.

You're not a member there so it's none of your business on our rules.

It's a public forum. Your rules, threads, and everything else are public viewing. I am a public member. It's very much my business, unless you decide to lock it all down and make it readable to members only.

I never said that but you twist it anyway you want.

What did you say then? That people shouldn't state something as fact? That's subjective. You choose to read someone saying it that way. That's your own personal issue.

My argument is a joke? :funny: really classy there fella

I see you edited it

Yes it is a joke. And I didn't edit it. I just changed the joke label to comedy gold. Still a joke.

No point discussing this over two threads

Batman & Robin made George Clooney a fanboy punching bag. Val Kilmer has his fans, but there are also plenty of us who thought he was terrible as Batman. Both of them only starred in one movie.

The thing I liked about Kilmer's portrayal is that of the four 90s live-action films it was the one and only one that was actually about Batman. It was about Bruce Wayne going from a character that felt compelled to be Batman out of his own pathological need to one where he wants to be Batman out of a genuine desire to help people. His is the only one from that slate of films where we really get in his head, get to understand him, and see him grow as a character. In the other three films, they really aren't very interested in Batman. It is all about the villains.

This icon deserves more love, but his name is not on this poll
tumblr_orc9xxwQxC1w28myho1_400.gif

My personal favorite is Michael Keaton, my love for his first movie still colors my perception over how superior the take Christian Bale portrayed is.

The thing I liked about Kilmer's portrayal is that of the four 90s live-action films it was the one and only one that was actually about Batman. It was about Bruce Wayne going from a character that felt compelled to be Batman out of his own pathological need to one where he wants to be Batman out of a genuine desire to help people. His is the only one from that slate of films where we really get in his head, get to understand him, and see him grow as a character. In the other three films, they really aren't very interested in Batman. It is all about the villains.

That's kind of true but I feel like it didn't matter because it was bogged down by cartoonish side characters (Tommy Lee Jones was particularly awful), fake looking sets, bad special effects and Kilmer's own wooden performance. It was like watching someone's kinky, acid-fueled sex fantasy based around the old Batman TV series.

Kilmer if anything is an underrated Batman...if anything his Batman portrayal of The Caped Crusader and Bruce Wayne he too had a perfect balance of what Bruce Wayne is as a character vs what he should be and as far as comic portrayals I thought Kilmer's performance in Batman Forever was damn spot on

Kilmer if anything is an underrated Batman...if anything his Batman portrayal of The Caped Crusader and Bruce Wayne he too had a perfect balance of what Bruce Wayne is as a character vs what he should be and as far as comic portrayals I thought Kilmer's performance in Batman Forever was damn spot on

I agree, it's amazing too how well parts of that film hold up. The fight scenes are really decent and I think the whole psyche of Bruce Wayne aspect is really interesting. I honestly think if you reigned in TLJ performance as Two Face, had something more plausible than the Brain Waves plot and allowed Schumacher to go all the way (as intended with the deleted scenes) with the Bruce Wayne backstory aspects then BF would be considered one of the best CBMs of all time. Also if people think Schumacher can't do serious well then watch 8MM.

Finally someone who agrees with me that Kilmer was a pretty damn spot on version of Bruce Wayne/Batman but the only thing that he lacked was the right storylines but his performance of playing the billionaire playboy/tortured soul/vigilante of the night was pretty damn comic book accurate

Now Clooney his version of Batman definitely is hated universally

As for Keaton his version of Batman is probably the most comic book accurate as far as personality traits go for both Batman and Bruce Wayne but also his Batman in a sense was menacing but charming too in a quirky sort of way

Bale his version of Batman is probably the most beloved because of the fact that he had a mystery a darkness to him that none of the other Batmans had

Now as for Affleck as far as comic book accuracy Ben Affleck's Batman is probably the most closest to accurate as far as capturing the essence that is Bruce and Batman in terms of psyche but also being a tortured soul/billionaire playboy and his physique is probably the most closest to what Batman should be comic book wise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"