What if Burton and Keaton get together again for The Dark Knight Returns?

Yeah, they could do it, but I'd rather see someone else helm that movie.

I would pay to see this...heck, I would probably see it ten times if by an astronomical chance they decided to do it, instead of Zack Snyder.

I would pay to see this...heck, I would probably see it ten times if by an astronomical chance they decided to do it, instead of Zack Snyder.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want Zack to direct it. I mean, it's not like he'd write the story... he'd give us an exact adaption from the graphic novel and he'd add in some super epic fight scenes. Sure there would be slow-mo, but who cares? It's always used perfectly in Zack's films, imo.

Yes. Let's skip right to the end of Batman's career after his first year and a half in the cowl.

I like TDKR for what it is, and for its impact (in certain ways), and it certainly has potential, but I don't understand why it's considered the be all end of superhero movie potential.

Keaton? As Miller's Wayne?

While I never found his face/jaw "frail"...

Really?

Hell, I can't even see Bale pulling that off convincly. Imagine him saying "Right now you have a piece of glass in a major artery" in his silly Batman voice.

Maybe when Gerard Butler is 60, he and Zach Snyder can get together and make it happen.

Or Bruce Willis. Though I've always seen him as the Green Lantern in KINGDOM COME.

That's just what we need. Another foreign actor playing Batman. Not to mention another foreign actor playing another American superhero.

And really, you should cast an actor who can actually play the Batman from that story, not Keaton, who was never really a very good Batman to begin with.
1296322295764.jpg

JK Simmons is completely bald. He portrayed JJ Jameson successfully though.

Pwnage.

Hair loss and even hair color mean nothing today in order to use an actor for a role.

I don't think Keaton or Burton would be right for the project at this time. Try somebody like Clint Eastwood.

I don't understand the whole "Clint Eastwood" thing... Hey, I dig the guy... but he isn't Batman. He's a whole entity unto himself. Besides, he's like 80 something years old now! Makes no sense for him to play the part. Miller's Batman was 55-60.

I don't think Keaton or Burton would be right for the project at this time. Try somebody like Clint Eastwood.

Clint Eastwood never stars in any Hollywood production. He formed his own company, Malpaso, so that he could make his own films. He is never picked by another studio or directors to come and join their production. He picks stars to come and join his. Have you not noticed that his movies these days are never mainstream blockbusters? They might be academy award-winning movies, but they're all essentially independent films made by his own company. He would never star as Batman because it isn't his own creation.

You wouldn't get Eastwood in a movie like "Where Eagles Dare" nowadays. It's a shame really, but that's how he operates. He's very much his own person.

I simply cannot picture this happening..

Even if they could, Keaton's probably down to 5'5" right now and is practically bald.

How tall was Keaton to start with? And why should he lose so much height?

Michael Keaton has committed the crime of being the average height of 5'9 3/4.

I don't understand the whole "Clint Eastwood" thing... Hey, I dig the guy... but he isn't Batman. He's a whole entity unto himself. Besides, he's like 80 something years old now! Makes no sense for him to play the part. Miller's Batman was 55-60.
I meant as the director.

Hear me out.

Nolan's trilogy is over in 2012. What if in, let's say 2015, we got Frank Miller's TDKR with Burton directing, starring Keaton, making it a trilogy for Burton and Keaton?

That way, Nolan and Burton both have great trilogies.

Batman (1989)
Batman Returns (1992)
Batman Begins (2005)
The Dark Knight (2008)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
The Dark Knight Returns (2015, 2016?)

It seems like something that could happen, if all parties would be willing. Michael Keaton will be 64 in 2015, making him a perfect age for the film.

Thoughts?

The-Dark-Knight-Returns_512x512-300x300.jpg
I heared this before, you brought this in another batman movie thread didn't you?

Sure ya did.
The only way Eastwood is playing Bruce now is if there's a Batman Beyond film, but even then that probably wouldn't happen. I'm not entirely sure who would be best for Bruce for Dark Knight Returns, maybe Tom Selleck?

I meant as the director.

Well that's even less likely if you meant that. Eastwood only directs what he wants to direct, which is his own speciality projects. He is not hired by other studios to make their movies. All of his movies are essentially very expensive home videos and personal projects. So if you meant him as director, then you can't have thought that through properly. He would never direct a Batman movie.

The only way Eastwood is playing Bruce now is if there's a Batman Beyond film, but even then that probably wouldn't happen. I'm not entirely sure who would be best for Bruce for Dark Knight Returns, maybe Tom Selleck?

There is no "only way". There is no way. Eastwood is not a conventional Hollywood actor as I've explained already. You don't hire him. He hires you. Besides, he was once approached to play Superman in the 70s but flatly turned that down because superheroes simply did not interest him.

Last edited:

If it was Tom Selleck I think you'd have to overcome the associated hokeyness. Well then again Keaton did it in '89... everyone said he was wrong for it.

There is no "only way". There is no way. Eastwood is not a conventional Hollywood actor as I've explained already. You don't hire him. He hires you. Besides, he was once approached to play Superman in the 70s but flatly turned that down because superheroes simply did not interest him.

Well, he was going to play Two-Face in the 60s TV Show, but that didn't end up happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"