Idea about Dark Knight Returns movie adaptation

AvengingLeague

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you guys think that if Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment was to adapt Frank Millar's The Dark Knight Returns it should be a continuation of the Batman films directed by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher(with Michael Keaton returning as Bruce Wayne, and although he's 61 when in that comic he's 55 but could work either way)? Do you guys like that idea? And also, how do you think that could go storywise with what you've seen from the Batman films?

The Dark Knight Rises 'borrowed' way too many Dark Knight Returns moments that a full on Dark Knight Returns movie would feel somewhat redundant, regardless of how much I'd like to see it.

The Dark Knight Rises 'borrowed' way too many Dark Knight Returns moments that a full on Dark Knight Returns movie would feel somewhat redundant, regardless of how much I'd like to see it.

Unfortunately you're right. That would be a great idea, IF they hadn't taken so much "inspiration" from it already.

Exactly my feelings on the matter.

I would still love to see it but when im much older. Im 24 now, and i cant see the concept coming off in a fresh way for at least another 2 decades.

I'm afraid by then people will have to think up another older actor for the role of Bruce Wayne. Somebody who may be young and in their prime at the moment.

Also the two words 'Dark Knight' are a problem for a title. Even in 20 or 30 years..people will still think it's linked to Nolans movies. So it might not be a good idea all around. Live adaptations of Year One, TDKReturns, Long Halloween, Knightfall, No Man's Land are probably a pretty bad idea for all the same reasons.

Last edited:
I would still love to see it but when im much older. Im 24 now, and i cant see the concept coming off in a fresh way for at least another 2 decades.

I'm afraid by then people will have to think up another older actor for the role of Bruce Wayne. Somebody who may be young and in their prime at the moment.
Well I disagree with you guys. Now here me out:
-I know that The Dark Knight Rises used elements from The Dark Knight Returns. So, there will have to be some parts that might be altered or rewritten so it could seem fresh(with still honoring what Frank Millar did).
-You guys seemed to miss the idea that my pitch would be a continuation of the Burton/Schumacher Batman films with Michael Keaton coming back as Bruce Wayne(works because he's now about 61 and we could say that Batman retired 20 years ago since it's been that long since he played him. :p). So, already a lot will have to be rewritten(Two-Face and Joker aren't alive for starters).
-For the title I agree with you. That's why I had the idea rattling in my head for calling it Batman Concludes.

Now what do you guys think? Think this idea could work now that I explained it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"