• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

World Best/favorite X-Men musical score

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
Now, we've had the release of the third X-Men movie last year and since it appears to be the final one of the series, let's have a poll on which musical score from the three is the best (or your personal favorite).

There is:

- X-Men (Michael Kamen)
- X2: X-Men United (John Ottman)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (John Powell)

Or you can pick all of them or none of them. Take your pick.

Okay, how come anyone hasn't commented on this poll yet? And only one person voted as of now. I thought this thread would have 2 pages' worth of comments right now.

For my money, John Powell's score for the third X-Men movie was just superb. A memorable superhero theme, creative orchestrations, and very thematic. I have to say this is one of the few score albums I listen through completely, without skipping any tracks. Too bad the score itself is much better than the movie it's in.

X3, with X-Men coming in a close second.

Honestly the only themes I remember are the ending themes to X-1 and X-2 and the trailer music for X-3. I liked them all.

You changed you name? I think.. :confused: Or maybe just your avvy..

X1 had that awesome Brotherhood theme with the strings for Mystique.
X2 had an amazing Suite. Plus "Magnetos Old Tricks" and "Goodbye". Plus, Ottman borrowed Heavily from Mozart's "Requiem" with the opening Nightcrawler sequence.
X3 was the first to have an actual theme for the X-Men, which was pleasantly remanisant of the 90's animated series and X-Men: Evolution themes. It also had FANTASTIC brotherhood and Dark Phoenix themes. "Dark Phoenix Rises" is superb. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"