• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The BEST score for a Marvel Movie

lonzoe

Civilian
Reaction score
Blade (Mark Isham),Blade II (Marco Beltrami), Blade Trinity (RZA and Ramin Djawadji)sp?, X-men (Michael Kamen), X2 (John Ottman), X-men The Last Stand (John Powell), Spider-man 1 and 2 (Danny Elfman), Spider-man 3 (Christopher Young), DareDevil (Graeme Revell), Hulk (Danny Elfman), The Punisher (2004)(Carlo Siliotto), Elektra (Christophe Beck), Fantastic Four and FFROTSS (John Ottman),and Ghost Rider( Christopher Young).

Pick any of the above. Please state why you picked it.

Marvel movie scores on the whole kind of suck. Elfman is rubbish now and has been this way for over a decade, recycling his stuff. The rest aren't even worth mentioning.

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
X2

And that piece that plays during Logan and Jean's final scene in X3.

Spiderman original nuff said... X2 shat it up IMO... X3 a little decent but the sounded un original... SPiderman's theme just nailed it on every level just as Burton's theme nailed Batman...

Hulk was Danny Elfman's best stuff. He really pulled out all the stops for that score. While his Spider-Man stuff just sounds like Batman.

The rest of it isn't very memorable.

Anyone here have the Superman Returns soundtrack? There's a track that seems way too close to Elfman's main theme for Hulk.

Spider-Man and Batman sound nothing alike :dry: .

I'm in love with John Powels X3 score.

X-Men: The Last Stand - John Powell
Spider-Man 2 - Danny Elfman
Spider-Man 3 - Christopher Young

Why is everyone comparing Elfman's Batman theme to his Spider-man theme. The main theme for Batman doesn't have choir or electronic-enhanced percussion, for one.

A toss up between X2, Spider-Man 2 and Hulk. All had good scores.

But not the great scores Superman, Batman or Batman REturns had.

X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2.

The Spider-Man Trilogy as a whole has a great score, IMO.

As an entire score, I'd probably say Spider-Man 1 or 2. It's hard to choose.

If we're talking just the main theme, I think I'd have to go with X-Men 2.

X3

The spider-man scores have always seemed too BLAND to me.

Graeme Revell's DD score had some great moments but was without a STRONG hero theme...AND his score wasn't used enough in the film...

There's no one score that I like the best. Each has its moments. I do like Ottman's "Suite From X2," among others.

Punisher's main title score was great. Some of Daredevil's score was cool. But Spider-man is great.

Spider-Man Trilogy
X-Men 2
Ghost Rider
Punisher

Oh Blade II for me. It tells the story itself. Especially during Blade's scenes with Neesa. Also so damn good horror and action music imo. The composer was able to switch easily between horror, action, and romance and the use of contemporary music was very well done. Very few movies have accomplished that (The Crow, Fight Club).

Spider-man 2's score also gets stuck in my head a lot as well as the theme for Daredevil and The Punisher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"