• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biopic 'Professor Marston & The Wonder Women' Acquired By Sony

Okay, that looks pretty good. What an unexpected movie to be made...

Two Wonder Woman movies this year essentially. Three if you count JL.

defently going to be intresting film.story on wonder woman's creators is ripe for bio-pic ad very intresting.

Maybe this will lead to a Stan Lee biopic being made.

I wonder if we'd get one for Siegel and Schuster or Bob Kane and Bill Finger.

The release date for this movie has been moved up from Oct 27 to Oct 13. There are also some new comic book-styled promo posters:

Professor-Marston-and-the-Wonder-Women-Poster.jpg

profmarston_bella.jpg

profmarston_luke.jpg

profmarston_rebecca.jpg

Professor Marston & The Wonder Women Gets New Release Date & Posters

http://screenrant.com/professor-marston-the-wonder-women-gets-new-release-date-posters/

The real life origin story of Wonder Woman, Professor Marston & the Wonder Women, has a new release date as well as three compelling new posters highlighting the film’s trio of stars. The movie from Annapurna Pictures stars Luke Evans, Rebecca Hall, Bella Heathcote, Connie Britton and Oliver Platt. It was written and directed by Angela Robinson.

Professor Marston & the Wonder Women tells the real life story of William Moulton Marston (Evans), the Harvard psychologist who in the 1940s created the comic book character Wonder Woman. The story revolves around Marston’s highly unconventional relationship with two of the women who inspired the character, his wife Elizabeth (Hall) and his mistress Olive Byrne (Heathcote). A recent trailer gave us our first glimpse of the movie’s story of the three very unusual people who came together to create one of the century’s most iconic comic book characters.

The film’s director Angela Robinson tweeted the news that Professor Marston & the Wonder Women has seen its release date moved up to October 13th from its original drop day of October 27th. The film is slated for a limited US release. Three posters have also been released imagining the movie’s main characters as comic book figures.

The renewed interest in Wonder Woman spurred by the massive success of this summer’s blockbuster movie may encourage curious fans to check out Professor Marston & the Wonder Women, and some of them may be slightly shocked to find out the true origins of the character. In addition to a fascination with female psychology and an interest in introducing stronger female archetypes to pop culture, William Marston also was deeply into bondage and other kinky sexual arrangements, and bondage-related images pop up throughout the early incarnation of his Wonder Woman comic.

Considering that it carries an R-rating, Professor Marston & the Wonder Women does not shy away from depicting some of the more risque elements of its story, including the three-way relationship between Marston and his wife and mistress. There’s a reason the two women in the new posters are holding ropes, and why Wonder Woman’s chief weapon is a lasso that makes people submissive, and it’s not because Marston was into the rodeo.

Professor Marston & the Wonder Women might make a fascinating double-bill with this summer’s Wonder Woman but it might not be a good idea to invite the kids. We’ll see if the continued Wonder Woman buzz helps boost the movie’s box office when it arrives in limited release.

Last edited:
"There’s a reason the two women in the new posters are holding ropes, and why Wonder Woman’s chief weapon is a lasso that makes people submissive, and it’s not because Marston was into the rodeo."

:hehe:

How lucky are we that this movie is sandwiched in between WW and JL? Who even thought to make this. I can't wait. Are there any other comic hero creator's life story as interesting as WW's?

How lucky are we that this movie is sandwiched in between WW and JL? Who even thought to make this. I can't wait. Are there any other comic hero creator's life story as interesting as WW's?

Well Stan Lee could make an interesting biopic.

But I agree this is very fortuitous to come out at this time. I think it will keep people talking about WW.

Well Stan Lee could make an interesting biopic.

But I agree this is very fortuitous to come out at this time. I think it will keep people talking about WW.

the biopic should be titled

Excelsior!: Or How i Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Stealing Recognition and Financial Benefits from Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko

Box office debut @ 733K. Yikes. Huge marketing misfire. I can hardly even find places on the Internet discussing this film. I just saw it today & would like to read others’ thoughts. Like normal people/WW fans. Not RT critics.

Was this movie even marketed to be misfire? I dont think single soul knew this was coming out

So I watched this recently. The acting was good, but the film wasn't quite what I thought it would be.

The whole idea of creating WW only comes into the story well over an hour after there's been plenty of other drama, mostly revolving around the polyamorous relationship.

I thought it would be more about the creation of WW and them working on the whole creation process. In fact, I thought it would happen much earlier and then it would show their success for a while before being brought up before a panel on charges of deviancy in the comics.

WW almost seems incidental to the whole story. This could have been almost any other kind of drama not related to WW or comics at all and still worked.

Rebecca Hall was great in it, and Bella Heathcote reminds me of a young Heather Graham.

I love Rebecca Hall. I could actually see her playing Wonder Woman if things worked out differently for the DC universe. I still need to see this.

Read about this a little while ago. I'm interested.

I love Rebecca Hall. I could actually see her playing Wonder Woman if things worked out differently for the DC universe. I still need to see this.

I don't know about her playing WW. She does remind me sometimes of Elizabeth Henstridge/ Jemma Simmons. I think it's the way she smiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"