• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics Bishop and Deathbird

danielisthor said:
what do you find complicated about Cable's storyline. His mother was a clone of Jean Grey, she and Scott married, had Nathan. Mother goes psycho, tries to kill son, X-Men save the day. Nathan gets sick via Poccy, gets sent to the future with his alternate reality step-sister, and after growing up in the future returns to the past to save the world from its future.

No one said anything about Cable being complicated. Like you said, "why go out of their way to expand on a character?".... And what you said about Cable seems a little "complex" for a new reader (not referring to myself). If you start something (Bishop's daughter), then finish or expand on it.... Like Cable's story. Hell, he's still around, why can't she be?

Dr. Reyes seemingly disappeared, and Storm is already turned into the unofficial "Oprah" of comics. There needs to be some fresh new "ethnic" blood in the X-Books, and I think she's a perfect start. Who knows what her powers could lead to as a half alien, half mutant X-Member.

ProfeZZor X said:
No one said anything about Cable being complicated. Like you said, "why go out of their way to expand on a character?".... And what you said about Cable seems a little "complex" for a new reader (not referring to myself). If you start something (Bishop's daughter), then finish or expand on it.... Like Cable's story. Hell, he's still around, why can't she be?

Dr. Reyes seemingly disappeared, and Storm is already turned into the unofficial "Oprah" of comics. There needs to be some fresh new "ethnic" blood in the X-Books, and I think she's a perfect start. Who knows what her powers could lead to as a half alien, half mutant X-Member.

So basically what your saying is that the X-Men need more sista's on the team?

danielisthor said:
So basically what your saying is that the X-Men need more sista's on the team?

Minorities as a whole I suppose. But, for a comic book that stressed diversity and being different, they sure had a way of showing it with an all caucasian cast.... It's almost as if they were saying: only "whites" can have these fantastic powers. That was, until Storm came along. But how long did it take before that happened.

I don't care either way, but if we as a people are to abolish the color barrier, the least Marvel can do is introduce a more "colorful" cast. After all, everyone reads these comics, and I'm sure there is a young South African boy, or Indonesian girl reading these books, wondering why none of the characters look like, or are similar to them. You don't have to quote me literally on the "kid location" reference, but you get the point.

yea I always wanted to say that too. Xmen were modeled after the struggles between Martin Luthor King and Malcolm X. Yet they all white!!! I had that same feeling. Now Im asking why is it that only whites get these nice complex stories such as Jean and Cyc Dazzler/Longshot but no Bishop/Deathbird??

Claremont is going to write Exiles. Only Blink, Morph, Sabretooth and Longshot will stay on the team. With a book like that he can easily bring Aliyah into it.

I'm all for more minorities in the X-Men...from an aesthetics standpoint, it would also make the team look better...the more caucasian characters that are introd, the more they all start to look the same. I know some people were talking about how Cyclops looks like Colossus without his visor...and how many different ways can you draw a blonde white woman? Not many as evidenced by Emma and Husk...unless you count breast size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"