Black Eyed Peas stung by plagiarism lawsuit for Boom Boom Pow.

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.vancouversun.com/enterta...agiarism+lawsuit+Boom+Boom/2495400/story.html
The Black Eyed Peas' single, Boom Boom Pow, was the act's first No. 1 single in the U.S., it was the second-longest-running No. 1 of 2009, and it's up for a Grammy Award this weekend. There's only one thing that could make this song more interesting (apart from a re-write of the lyrics): a plagiarism lawsuit.

You may not have heard of Phoenix Phenom, but she claims you've heard her song. The singer and her co-writer, Manfred Mohr, are suing the Peas for copyright infringement, Popeater reports, claiming the act ripped off their song, Boom Dynamite.

As for how the Peas could have come across Boom Dynamite, the duo's lawyer suggests there could have been more than some late-night YouTube-ing involved. "My clients submitted their copyrighted song Boom Dynamite to Interscope Records (the Black Eyed Peas' record label) after Interscope had shown interest in some of their music, and the Black Eyed Peas later copied the song when they wrote Boom Boom Pow," said their lawyer in a statement issued to Allhiphop.com.

"A simple listening of the two songs will tell you that the songs are substantially similar, and that the hooks of the two songs are virtually identical in rhythm and lyrics," he continued.

The Peas have yet to respond.

Boom Boom Pow
[YT]4m48GqaOz90[/YT]

Boom Dynamite
[YT]0O0q_xBu2IQ[/YT]

I dunno, I wouldn't use the words "substantially similar" but some parts are pretty close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"