Black Manta?

rnewbz

More human than human
Reaction score
Should the black manta appear in this. I mean smallville has the continous threat of the luthors, but i'm not that familiar with aquaman's villans. I mean he can't just fight killer sharks and sting rays. If not black manta than who?

I don;t know but superman=lex as aquaman=black manta

Black Manta would be sweet. An really, his backstory is quite creepy. Great villain.

deathshead2 said:
I don;t know but superman=lex as aquaman=black manta

I think that they'll use Aquaman's brother Ocean Master than Black Manta. It would make more sense. Also Ocean Master is probally tied with Black Manta for being Aquaman's main rogue.

yeah and Ocean Master has a great name too.

ROLLEYES ROLLEYES ROLLEYES

hippie_hunter said:
I think that they'll use Aquaman's brother Ocean Master than Black Manta. It would make more sense. Also Ocean Master is probally tied with Black Manta for being Aquaman's main rogue.

Well, Black Manta did brutally murder Aquaman's son and made him watch. I think that trumps anythng Ocean Master ever did.

It doesn't seem that he'll be full-on Aquaman, but Arthur/Orin beginning to figure out his destiny. Given Manta's origin, it'd be kind of hard to work him into it. However, this is from the SV guys, so they won't have any pause in completely re-writing character history. Seeing the guy who eventually becomes Manta and a bit of his development would be interesting. Again, it would all depend on how they go about it.

Well, they may not go the complete SV rout. The thing about Aquaman is that his doscovering Atlantis is a big part of his story. As for Black Manta, he would be a cool villain for Aurthur to meet in his travels.

maybe he'll fight environmental threats like air pollution and toxic waste.

He'll most likely fight made up villians most of the time, like how clark fights bad guys given powers by kryptonite.
But maybe they will have one possible threat from the comics, at least at first.

Artistsean said:
maybe he'll fight environmental threats like air pollution and toxic waste.

Maybe. From time to time.

Artistsean said:
He'll most likely fight made up villians most of the time, like how clark fights bad guys given powers by kryptonite.
But maybe they will have one possible threat from the comics, at least at first.

Well, I'd like to see him facing some mystical threats. Show people that Aquaman is DC's Thor.

The Question said:
Well, Black Manta did brutally murder Aquaman's son and made him watch. I think that trumps anythng Ocean Master ever did.

True, but Ocean Master would make more sense to use in this show than Black Manta.

hippie_hunter said:
True, but Ocean Master would make more sense to use in this show than Black Manta.
I still would love to see both. :)

Black Manta will be a gansta rapper who is exposed to nuclear radiation while on vacation in Miami. A.C. wouldn't sell him any diving equipment. Thus they are now mortal enemies.

Except, that isn't Black Manta's origin at all. He was an autistic savant who, as a child, was forced to take part in experiments to try and cure his afliction. But, basically, they just pumped him full of mental stimulants. They did succeed in making him more lucid and i creasing his already impressive inteligence, but they also (along with a lifetime of abuse in the orphanige he grew up in) drove him completely insane. He's now a sadistic monster, barely in tune with reality, who manipulates the people around him for profit as others manipulated him in the past.

rnewbz said:
Should the black manta appear in this. I mean smallville has the continous threat of the luthors, but i'm not that familiar with aquaman's villans. I mean he can't just fight killer sharks and sting rays. If not black manta than who?

BlackManta is the only Villian that I can think of ,Who's Aquaman Arch ememy.

celldog said:
Black Manta will be a gansta rapper who is exposed to nuclear radiation while on vacation in Miami. A.C. wouldn't sell him any diving equipment. Thus they are now mortal enemies.

That's hilarious!

..this made me think of something.. for Aquaman, you don't have a convenient plot device like Kryptonite for giving people a myriad of mutations to deal with..

I assume that most of AC's foes will be human..

Or they could...GASP..... USE THE COMIC BOOK VILLAINS!!!

i hope its not a smallville-retread. i hope its a much different story. i hope there is ALOT of action. i hope there is a threat of an atlantean invasion and that A.C. was basically sent to the surface world as a sleeper agent, but decides to defect. i hope lana lang never shows up, but a TW guest spot would be a-ok.

Why would Aquaman be a sleeper agents for an Atlantian invasion? That was never part of his history in the comics.

he was never a dive shop owner in Florida either.

True. But that's not as big a change as the sleeper agent thing.

The Question said:
True. But that's not as big a change as the sleeper agent thing.

Well, Jor-El was never some evil dictator dad either.

Luthor never had a Dad.

Their was never some Kryptonian cave.

Etc etc..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skaboss241
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"