Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios 'BLACK WIDOW' Character Breakdowns Revealed as Casting Gets Underway - That Hashtag Show

"The film’s big bad is set to be a male. The villain is simply described as “exciting” and the studio is open to ethnicity, but looking for someone in their 40s."

"The studio is looking to fill four roles which seem like good bets to end up being potential double agents. The two most interesting roles call for “contemporaries” to the Widow and are looking for actors in their late-20s to early 30s. The first is a “kick ass” female character described as a “female Bond” while the other is for a male with an emphasis on African, Middle Eastern or East Indian actors. Additionally, the search is on for one European Caucasian female and one European Caucasian male, both in the 50-60 year old range. The studio is putting an emphasis on actors and actresses who can speak multiple languages for all of the roles mentioned above"

"While the film’s lead villain will be a male, the studio is also looking for an actress in her 50s to play a smaller, villainous role. The character was only briefly described as a “conniving female villian”"

"The film will also feature another minor role described as a “bookish American” in his late 20s."

Sounds promising thus far.

does anyone think it's too late? like i feel it should've been years ago, i dunno if it will have the same effect as it would have

That's how Malekith was described in his character breakdown. :o
:funny:

They put out a casting call for "boring bastards" with many failing on account of coming across as slightly interesting or not enough of a bastard.

In my view, Scarlett brings nothing to the role. Jessica Chastain would've been a great choice.

Good News, they can go Fallout all the way in Action sequences :)

As long as they get Hawkeye along for the ride then I am all for it but if Black Widow ends up having her own separate franchise; if this turns into a franchise then it begs the question of which possible villains she could face off against in sequels

What's the pretentiousness behind wanting to direct the action scenes in addition to the character moments?
It wasn't just her take on the action scenes that screams of pretentiousness. Here's another quote from her in that same article:
“Companies are interested in female filmmakers but they still think action scenes are for male directors,” Martel said. “The first thing I asked them was maybe if they could change the special effects because there’s so many laser lights...I find them horrible. Also the soundtrack of Marvel films is quite horrendous. Maybe we disagree on this but it’s really hard to watch a Marvel film. It’s painful to the ears to watch Marvel films.”

Yeah, I read that article. Again I'll ask, what's pretentious about wanting to direct the action scenes in your own film? And if she doesn't like the special effects or score in Marvel films, I'm not seeing how that makes her pretentious. She just doesn't like those aspects of these particular films. It'd be different if she said her films were in every way, shape, and form superior to the Marvel films, but she didn't. She just doesn't like the soundtrack or special effects. Hardly equates to pretentiousness unless some of you lot are just grasping for any way to look down on Martel for having a negative opinion about these films.

Safe to assume this Widow solo film will be a prequel which predates the MCU so I wonder how they bring this film into present day to fit in with the fabric of the MCU timeline? I mean you obviously want to build Widow as a solo act...build up her world much like any other MCU hero has their own world with their own characters so that being said if you do build up the espionage/spy world who do you bring in as villains not only for this film but for Widow sequels?

Bit of a rumour going round that black widow will be rated R. I think that’s incredibly unlikely. So many little girls look up to her now, they won’t want to miss the toy sales

black-widow-1-314x167.jpg

‘Black Widow’ Reportedly Considered To Be Marvel Studios’ First R-Rated Film January 12, 2019

That Hashtag Show’s Charles Murphy has revealed Marvel Studios may have once considered the Black...Read more

source: Heroic Hollywood - Comic Movies | Superhero | Movie News | Movie Reviews | Entertainment | DC | Marvel

They can’t make Black Widow R-rated- it just wouldn’t work, IMO.

They can’t make Black Widow R-rated- it just wouldn’t work, IMO.
I do agree. only to a degree

I also had something from EPn.tv where bob igor said something about being inspired by what fox was doing by Exploring other genre like both dead pool & the new mutant taking the horror approach and they might add to their own thinglike with ghost rider if they ever do that.

it maybe more like the reverse bond movies as in it's a female in the role or what red sparrow tried to be. most people see spy movies as overly dark and it depends on what they are going for story wise. but it's not fair Warner can do any genre they wish and when disney want to do it with their own people place this thing that can't do R rated when they've did so prior with of their things before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"