Blackhawk

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
Steven Spielberg Tackling DC Comics Movie 'Blackhawk'

Steven Spielberg is jumping into the world of DC Comics.

The iconic filmmaker is tackling his first DC Comics property, the World War II action-adventure hero Blackhawk.

Spielberg, along with his Amblin Entertainment, will produce Blackhawk for Warner Bros., and is developing it as a directing vehicle, the studio announced Tuesday. The move reteams him with the studio behind his latest tentpole, Ready Player One.

David Koepp, who has work with Spielberg writing blockbusters Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, is writing the script.

The material seems tailor-made for the filmmaker behind the Indiana Jones movies. Blackhawk told of an international squadron of heroic pilots led by a man named Blackhawk who fought the Nazis and their ilk in World War II.

Spielberg will produce the film together with Kristie Macosko Krieger, under the Amblin Entertainment banner, while former studio executive Sue Kroll will executive produce under her Kroll & Co. Entertainment shingle.

“We are so proud to be the studio behind Steven Spielberg’s latest hit, and are thrilled to be working with him again on this new action adventure,” said Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich. “We can’t wait to see what new ground he will break in introducing ‘Blackhawk’ to movie audiences worldwide.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/steven-spielberg-tackling-dc-comics-movie-blackhawk-1103534

Last edited:
Please happen.

Steven should be directing the next Superman movie

This is getting ridiculous. Someone reputable in this business please save Superman. Please.

Like Tintin, Spielberg has been trying to make a Blackhawk film since the 1980s.

Spielberg appeared to be thinking of a movie adaptation sometime in the 1980s, and planned to cast his “1941” actor Dan Aykroyd in the starring role. In fact, the film project seemed to help revive the property, as Mark Evanier, who penned the 1982 reboot of the comic, later explained. “I believe what happened was that Steve Spielberg was interested in possibly doing something with ‘Blackhawk’ and somebody even mentioned that Dan Aykroyd wanted to play the character… so suddenly DC thought it was advantageous to have a comic back on the schedule.” It doesn’t seem like the project got very far — Evanier describes it as “pie in the sky,” but it was an intriguing proposition nonetheless.

http://www.indiewire.com/2015/10/the-lost-unmade-projects-of-steven-spielberg-112055/

Blackhawk is a film which has tons of potential to be a fun WWII action adventure and they can also make changes.

Steven should be directing the next Superman movie

This is getting ridiculous. Someone reputable in this business please save Superman. Please.

He should direct a film he feels passionate about. I understand your impatience for a Superman sequel. I'm impatient too. I also understand if you would prefer Spielberg to direct Superman, or perhaps said better, you wish he was interested in Superman. Unfortunately, this is a film he's been interested in for awhile. Superman deserves a filmmaker who wants to make a film about him. Fans of Superman deserve that, too.

STOP announcing films unless they will actually happen! I swear WB gets high off of the media buzz and then laughs for making people believe that itll happen.

This is a moment where I regret the decision for Wonder Woman to go into the shadows after WWI. It would be nice for her to have a small role in a Blackhawks movie.

This is a moment where I regret the decision for Wonder Woman to go into the shadows after WWI. It would be nice for her to have a small role in a Blackhawks movie.

There are all kinds of possibilities. It could be standalone, or we could see characters like Steve Trevor, Diana, Hippolyta, the JSA, Sgt. Rock and Easy Company, etc.

I hope the movie will involve dinosaur island. Spielberg doing some modern dinosaurs in a world war 2 action movie would be awesome.
250px-Dinosaurislandcomic.jpg

I hope the movie will involve dinosaur island. Spielberg doing some modern dinosaurs in a world war 2 action movie would be awesome.
250px-Dinosaurislandcomic.jpg

That would be cool. I like the way you think.

The film's announcement seems to have been taken the wrong way by some people. Nice to know a few of us are onboard with this. :up:

STOP announcing films unless they will actually happen! I swear WB gets high off of the media buzz and then laughs for making people believe that itll happen.

This. Don’t make announcements unless the ink is dry and cameras are about to roll.

Anyway, I thought Spielberg said he couldn’t do Nazis as bad guys anymore after Schindler’s List.

This. Don’t make announcements unless the ink is dry and cameras are about to roll.

Anyway, I thought Spielberg said he couldn’t do Nazis as bad guys anymore after Schindler’s List.

Even more reason to do dinosaur island.

That would be cool. I like the way you think.

The film's announcement seems to have been taken the wrong way by some people. Nice to know a few of us are onboard with this. :up:

People are too worried about shared universes and how they’re being handled too see this for what it is.

This is a DC property with a cool concept being brought to life by a fantastic director.
There’s a lot of potential there.
It shouldn’t be that hard to get onboard with :shrug:

Hollywood doesn't work that way, and it's harmless. What's the worst that can happen?

People are too worried about shared universes and how they’re being handled too see this for what it is.

This is a DC property with a cool concept being brought to life by a fantastic director.
There’s a lot of potential there.
It shouldn’t be that hard to get onboard with :shrug:
Yup. But this news sucks because Spielberg was supposed to direct Justice League 2 or some over property he has never shown interest in, because the fans said so.

Hollywood doesn't work that way, and it's harmless. What's the worst that can happen?

WB/DC isn't in the greatest area with fans/critics. They've announced more DC movies that havent come to light then movies they've actually brought out.

Never read any of the Blackhawk comic books, but Speilberg directing this has my attention!

WB/DC isn't in the greatest area with fans/critics. They've announced more DC movies that havent come to light then movies they've actually brought out.

New Gods is now a Darkseid v Blackhawk crossover.

Last edited:
It makes them look incompetent and just furthers the belief that they have no idea what they're doing. It's annoying.

I would fit Sandman and New Frontier as the two properties best done as tv shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"