Blue Beetle & Booster Gold

The Techno Bat

Sidekick
Reaction score
00191d0b.gif
0019s3br.gif

I think there needs to be a film about these two heroes, and I am talking about Ted Kord & Michael Jon Carter as Blue Beetle & Booster Gold, not what DC is doing to them right now.

Now if DC were to throw out a movie, what type of film would it be? Campy? Serious? A lil of both? Sci-Fi/Horror?

Who could you see playing Beetle & Booster? And what villians would you like to see in this film?

Personally I think a campy, sci-fi film would work great with these two guys, sort of a Batman '66 mixed with an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness twist.

Villians? Possibly The Madmen or The Manhunters, or The Royal Flush Gang.

Which actors to play Beetle & Booster?

Blue Beetle/Ted Kord: Luke Wilson
Booster Gold/Michael Jon Carter: Owen Wilson

Blinky Productions has shown love to these great heroes, thank you!

A Blue Beetle and Booster Gold would definitely be a campy one. With Booster being Metropolis based, Supes would need to be mentioned also or at least make a cameo in the end.

I think you should ask who would see it?

They were great characters in the JLE run etc., but what would they do for 2 hours?

If people think a GR movie is going to fail ... BB and BG? ouch.:csad:

I think you should ask who would see it?

They were great characters in the JLE run etc., but what would they do for 2 hours?

If people think a GR movie is going to fail ... BB and BG? ouch.:csad:

With the right script, director, & actors this film could really work. They are great characters with alot of depth to them, and would make for a great 2 hour action-packed, fun-filled, laugh out loud movie!

im working on a new blue and gold film- complete with a real story. it will be filmed later this month and online in time for comic con.

is that good enough?

im working on a new blue and gold film- complete with a real story. it will be filmed later this month and online in time for comic con.

is that good enough?

Sounds good to me, man! Your movie are really great! An obvious preference for DC heroes so...you should do your own JLA! I know, that'd be a big undertaking but think how awesome it'd be! Ok, at least do a GL short!:up:

I'd say Luke Wilson for Booster and Ben Stiller for Beetle.

I would love to see a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, but it would have be a comedy.

And yes, the Wilson brothers are perfect.

it would be funny if blue and gold made a movie about themselves and hired stiller and wilson to play them. then have the two critique like a trailer at the end. perhaps have beetle complain- am i that quirky? i thought i was more laid back. and have booster get all upset about wilson's nose. have him complain that he looks much more "handsomer" than wilson.

if your fist going to do a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie then why not throw inn Guy, Elongated Man and Fire .. and make it a SuperBuddies movie :p

With the right script, director, & actors this film could really work. They are great characters with alot of depth to them, and would make for a great 2 hour action-packed, fun-filled, laugh out loud movie!

I just can't imagine any company green lighting this without all of the above. :huh:

if your fist going to do a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie then why not throw inn Guy, Elongated Man and Fire .. and make it a SuperBuddies movie :p

i actually have a superbuddies script, but i dont have all my costumes put together yet. so im doing the duo 1st. it takes place during ted's time with bop. so there will be power girl, oracle and batwoman- yeah i know she's new and she not really part of bop, but im basing this story in a world where ted or booster were never killed. so figure it would only be a matter of time before oracle asked batwoman to do some freelance work here and there.

i actually have a superbuddies script, but i dont have all my costumes put together yet. so im doing the duo 1st. it takes place during ted's time with bop. so there will be power girl, oracle and batwoman- yeah i know she's new and she not really part of bop, but im basing this story in a world where ted or booster were never killed. so figure it would only be a matter of time before oracle asked batwoman to do some freelance work here and there.

Sometimes adding newer characters that people are hip to right now makes it work alot better.

it would be funny if blue and gold made a movie about themselves and hired stiller and wilson to play them. then have the two critique like a trailer at the end. perhaps have beetle complain- am i that quirky? i thought i was more laid back. and have booster get all upset about wilson's nose. have him complain that he looks much more "handsomer" than wilson.

Similar to the style of that sci fi show & movie Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (or whatever it was called) :huh:

That is actually a great idea, Booster could also be thinking how to get as many product placements into the film so he can keep making the big bucks from advertisers

i think ill be doing both ideas if i can. ill make a real hammy stiller/wilson trailer and at the end, have some hollywood agent turn to booster and beetle and say "what do you think?" and they just start complaining. then cut to the agent as he takes a phone call and tells his producers etc that they will make the movie, and if these two gripe about it. just have them killed or something.

Guy Gardner would have to get in there somehow huh? Along with most of the Superbuddies, because a Blue & Gold movie would probably only be a one shot deal from WB (unless they make it into a tv show, then there is endless possibilities) I would like it to be more about Beetle & Gold, but a cameo from Guy Gardner, Fire & iCe, Powergirl, Mary Marvel, & The Elongated Man would be great to see, but if only one or two could make it in it would be alright. Which brings up another question, if any of the mentioned heroes made it into a Beetle and Booster movie which one or two would you want to see, & who could play them?

i think ill be doing both ideas if i can. ill make a real hammy stiller/wilson trailer and at the end, have some hollywood agent turn to booster and beetle and say "what do you think?" and they just start complaining. then cut to the agent as he takes a phone call and tells his producers etc that they will make the movie, and if these two gripe about it. just have them killed or something.

Did you think about Max Lord as the producer? :woot:

What about as a Mockumentary? Behind the Scenes With Booster and Beetle! LOL

lol. i already did a max lord advil commercial with beetle in it. for those killer headaches. did you catch that?

as for max in anything else, he could be the producer, that would be very very funny.

They should just do a Super-Buddies movie instead. Hell, cast Jack Black as Guy Gardner and WB can have their goofy Green Lantern.

They should just do a Super-Buddies movie instead. Hell, cast Jack Black as Guy Gardner and WB can have their goofy Green Lantern.

If they did a Super Buddies Movie they could bring in most of the guys that star in these movies together, Luke & Owen Wilson still get my vote for Beetle and Booster, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaugn, & Will Ferrell....

Vince could possible play one of the villians & Will could play The Elongated Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"