Deadpool 2 Bob Iger says Deadpool will continue to be R-rated under Disney

Thank goodness, at the very least the trilogy should be completed as R.

Will believe it when I see it....The big failure of the pg 13 Deadpool experiment will also help ....Almost like Reynolds knew p13 Deadpool would fail so Disney would take notice...Hmm

Yay for Wade. Now we just need a scene with him and Logan for DP3 and we're all good.

Yeah, I mean, Iger would say that, but I will believe it when I see it.

I get the impression a trailer for a R rated Deadpool 3 under Disney could be released and some here would still be saying "I'm gonna wait until it's in theatres before I believe it".

On the subject of Deadpool's continuation, however that may be, in the MCU, looks like Josh Brolin is hoping that he can continue with the role of Cable.

Josh Brolin Is So Serious About Cable's MCU Return, He's Been Calling Marvel

Said this at the Ace Comic Con:

"I don't know what's going to happen. I'm actually, I've been calling them, like, 'What's the deal with Cable, man?' Seriously, 100 percent serious. They're figuring it out. It's a big world now, it just got much, much bigger. So who knows."

Who knows indeed. While I'm sure many speculate that Reynolds would be the only one spared from eventual recasts of those from the X-Men world, I feel like the longer it is before we see them, the higher the possibility that Reynolds himself could be recast. Maybe? I have nothing to base that off of, but just like how the Marvel Netflix stars aren't going to wait around and see if Marvel Studios will use them, it's not like Reynolds will just wait patiently until Disney wants him.

Now I could easily be wrong on that, given his passion for the character. But it's anyone's guess at this point, much as I would love to see at least Deadpool's supporting cast transition over to the MCU.

They really should just call the next one Deadpool and Cable, and poke fun at all the time travel **** that's been happening.

Yeah I really hope this is true, especially after watching the first movie again tonight, part of its charm is the R rating

Really hope Brolin can come back as Cable again, there is real potential for a whole film with the pair with Reynolds for it to work, there was enough good stuff at the end of 2 to prove that they could pull it off in a "buddy cop" sort of way. Its not like Thanos will be coming back for a while anyway.

Really hope we get him, Colossus and NTW at least back for the 3rd film, I'm sure Marvel know that was a big part of why the first two were so well liked and not just RR himself.

Honestly, I don't see the problem here.

Deadpool, whilst a Marvel (and MCU?) character exists in his own little self contained universe, so a Deadpool film doesn't necessarily have to adhere to MCU logic. It's only if another MCU films includes a scene or three with Deadpool that things may have to be taken a little more seriously.

Deadpool 3 can do whatever it wants really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"