• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight BOF: BAT 2 Update

War Party said:
It isn't you. I can't find it anywhere.
It's a hard one to find. It was my holy grail for six months. I finally found it at the Philly Wizard con.

Killgore said:
It's a hard one to find. It was my holy grail for six months. I finally found it at the Philly Wizard con.

Can you scan it and send us the pages?

Please...

Mr. Thing said:
I can't find TKJ anywhere here.
It's out of print. But it's in the Alan Moore collection DC put out a couple months ago.

IMO Killing Joke is overrated. It's a cool story, but not all that I'd heard it to be.

I think "Case Study" by Paul Dini and Alex Ross from "Batman: Black and White vol.2" offered a more realistic and intriguing orgin for The Joker than the "Killing Joke" did.

ummm thats my new favorite search engine, thanks Fallen!
From now on everything I search will be filtered through comics first :p

While it's not 100% reliable, I still find it helpful when looking up little bits of info. Oh, and you're welcome.:up:

is anyone worried that this movie is going to focus A LOT on pre-Joker? maybe Caine wasn't too far off when he said he'd be working on The Joker next year. I really want Bruce/Batman as our focus, I don't want a whole half hour/full hour preJoker origin leadup.

I think we will get a number of flashbacks as the movie progresses to the point of revealing The Joker but nothing that detracts too much from Bats doing what he does best.

Batman is THE MAN. Remember 'small and mysterious' for The Joker?

Looks like things are heating up on the Batman front once again. I like the direction the movie is going in so far. I feel more confident on the casting of Heath Ledger.

The next film needs to show Batman incorporating more Detective work. I have faith that the Joker will be creepy as hell.

I was concerned about the idea of a backstory. I hope Nolan does this in flashbacks which I think would work perfectly. In the backstory I pray he uses elements from the comics. It wouldn't be good to try to be completely original in that aspect.

I wish it was 2008....lol.

War Party said:
It isn't you. I can't find it anywhere.
I saw it at borders this mourning, when I was looking for the long hallowen.

IMO the fact that Nolan is chosing to go with flashbacks for the Joker shows that Nolan does infact respect the fact that the Joker IS the main villian for Batman. He would never spend this amount of screen time on him if was just going to be another regular murder, one time use villian.

Nolan <3's flashbacks, he uses them in all of his movies

Because they are useful to get the story moving forward, perhaps? I would use them a lot too. Well maybe not but you get the idea.

StorminNorman said:
IMO the fact that Nolan is chosing to go with flashbacks for the Joker shows that Nolan does infact respect the fact that the Joker IS the main villian for Batman. He would never spend this amount of screen time on him if was just going to be another regular murder, one time use villian.

I'm not so hot on the idea of Flashbacks. I mean, look a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". The movie was supposed to be about Charlie, but once Wily Wonka had a flashback, bam the movie became about him.

Anyway, who said anything about flashbacks? I think the movie will open up with Batman chasing some unknown hood down a gantry. Hood takes a dip in chemicals and the "Joker Killer" is assumed dead. Then we a lot of Harvey Dent, Black Mask and The Penguin until the middle of the movie, when The Joker comes back and begins his reign of terror.

I think we'll get something unexpected out of Nolan's Joker's backstory . . .

Then, at the end, he realizes that he's been a good guy all along and its only his clown suit thats made him evil.

it's going to turn out that the Joker's dad was Joe Chill..............

when his dad went to Jail, the Joker went to an orphange, was beat by nuns... and slowly turned into a maniac, at the age of 16, he goes crazy, kills and rapes a few nuns, then burns down the orphanage, he's the only one who walks out..... he now walks around the slums of Gotham, preying on those who do wrong to others, but he always does away with people he considers weak.... he's an enigma rapped in a riddle, who is all nealty wrapped up in a thoughtful christmas present.......

The Only Woj said:
is anyone worried that this movie is going to focus A LOT on pre-Joker?
If Joker is the main villian (meaning the finale fight in the last movie) I hope they focus on him and his backstory through the next film and then they have him emerge as the Joker we know in the final film.
In BB we didnt really see Batman in full force. We just got the introduction. The second film should be Batman in all his glory(hopefully a little "lost in this monster of yours" thrown in) and then the final film should be his victory.
I just think it is an awesome idea to introduce the Joker as done in BB with only the hint to make us smile and get us excited and then mature him and his presence in Gotham as a growing threat until the very end.

It will be a huge build up to that final battle which I think has the potential of an incredible payoff.
Rynan said:
I'm not so hot on the idea of Flashbacks. I mean, look a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". The movie was supposed to be about Charlie, but once Wily Wonka had a flashback, bam the movie became about him.
lol I think once Depp showed up in costume it was about Wonka anyway. :p

Edit: I just wanted to add that I think Bale did such a good job creating his Batman and Wayne that I dont think Joker would even be able to really show him up. No matter how well Ledger plays him. And I have faith in Nolan not to take too much attention away from Batman.

Maybe the whole film will be one big flashback like 'Memento'. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"