• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bottoms (Rachel Sennott, Ayo Edebiri)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
‘Bottoms’ Trailer: Rachel Sennott Leads Queer Female Fight Club – IndieWire

CNl1J9A.png

The red band trailer is on youtube.

‘Bottoms’ Trailer: Rachel Sennott and Ayo Edebiri Start a Female Fight Club in Raunchy R-Rated Comedy
"Shiva Baby" writer-director Emma Seligman directs the queer summer comedy also starring Kaia Gerber and Miles Fowler.

A women’s self-defense club in a heightened toxic heterosexual high school? Welcome to “Bottoms.”

Rachel Sennott (“The Idol,” “Bodies Bodies Bodies”) co-wrote the high school comedy with “Shiva Baby” director Emma Seligman. Sennott plays queer teen PJ opposite “The Bear” breakout Ayo Edebiri, who portrays PJ’s childhood bestie Josie. The duo lust after their respective crushes, Isabel (Havana Rose Liu) and Brittany (Kaia Gerber), while trying to navigate teendom in the shadow of quarterback Jeff (Nicholas Galitzine) and his cronie, teammate Tim (Miles Fowler).

PJ and Josie accidentally found a female fight club, co-run by misfit outcast Hazel (Ruby Cruz), with the hopes to befriend (and hook up) with cheerleaders under the guise of feminism. Marshawn Lynch, Dagmara Dominczyk, and Punkie Johnson also star in the highly anticipated, R-rated summer comedy.

Yes. My favorite Rachel Sennot thing is still that old video of her. "C'mon, it's LA!"

Would post it but there is a curse
Shiva Baby was brilliant, so I'm stoked for this as Seligman's follow-up. Sennott was also hilarious in Bodies Bodies Bodies.

Reviews are out, with wide release next week. seems to be getting some good reviews.

Not bad for only 10 theaters Kind of glad my preferred theater is one of the 700.

Had to go to the fancy theater to catch this, but it was goddamn amazing. It has a somewhat Anchorman level of reality to high school that was just amazing to see. There is **** going on in the back ground that I am going to have to pause a lot when it comes to home release. And there better be a sizable extra of alternate takes that they did that the credits hinted at.

The cast was amazing. Just across the board. I do need to check out Marshawn Lynch's episode of the improve murder mystery show.

Seeing this this weekend, so excited for it! And for free with my fresh new AMC birthday gift card, which is even better! :funny:

So, sounds like with the $3 million weekend, it is going to expand to 1200 theaters next weekend. So, keep up hope if it isn't currently near you.

Sadly schedules shifted and I couldn't make it this weekend, which is driving me crazy. Hopefully later in the week! I'm so relieved it actually came to my town - I've missed so many indie films since moving out of the city.

Comedy films are usually meh at best for me but absolutely loved this one. Can’t wait to watch it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"