• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Broadway musical hit 'Wicked' to the big screen

I’m excited, I think the cast are giving it their all

Effects look similar like the effects for Oz the great & powerful

5 minutes of footage were shown at CinemaCon tonight!

Banking on first full teaser with The Fall Guy in a few weeks!

Yeoh looks so elegant. i just think she's so classy

The color grading they've used makes it look a bit cheaper, like a TV series for a streaming app.

Also Ariana Grande is taking me out of the trailer. I can't separate her as a singer to an actress in a movie like this.

While I do think this movie is going to be huge this holiday season, I also predict that audiences are going to be pissed once they realize that it's a Part 1.

While I do think this movie is going to be huge this holiday season, I also predict that audiences are going to be pissed once they realize that it's a Part 1.
They weren't like that for Dune or IT.

It will depend on how they end the film,if it really feels like the second part of the story is missing.

They weren't like that for Dune or IT.
Dune Part 2 and IT: Chapter Two getting greenlit were more or less dependent on the success of the first films while Wicked 1 and 2 were shot back to back. Another difference is that Dune and IT are both based on very long books whereas Wicked the musical runs for 2 and a half hours not counting the 15-minute intermission. To me, splitting Wicked into two movies is more comparable to The Hobbit trilogy or Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2. Unnecessary padding.

It will depend on how they end the film,if it really feels like the second part of the story is missing.
Act 1 ends rather conclusively while leaving proper lead-in for Act 2. Part 1 is probably gonna be the entirety of Act 1 with Defying Gravity being the big satisfying last song.

If the movie is good it won't matter if there is a part 2 or not.
This was the first trailer that definitely got me. I'm in. The chemistry between Cynthia and Ariana is palpable, I always knew Cynthia would be a powerhouse but am pleasantly surprised by the Chenoweth inspired performance it seems Ariana is giving, Im here for it.

Anyone else got chills when "Defying Gravity" started playing?

I can’t stop watching Erivo’s bits in the trailer. She looks STUNNING as Elphaba with the green makeup, the braids and her expressions. Her singing is the cherry on top.

And wow, she actually has chemistry with Ariana Grande. They play well off each other.

I think this could be a BIG hit for Universal. Their musicals tend to click with audiences.

Dune Part 2 and IT: Chapter Two getting greenlit were more or less dependent on the success of the first films while Wicked 1 and 2 were shot back to back. Another difference is that Dune and IT are both based on very long books whereas Wicked the musical runs for 2 and a half hours not counting the 15-minute intermission. To me, splitting Wicked into two movies is more comparable to The Hobbit trilogy or Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2. Unnecessary padding.

Eh. I wouldn’t call it unnecessary padding.

The musical is based on a book and - at least from what I am aware - the movie is taking cues from the musical and the book.

It might be… but having no knowledge of the book, perhaps making it more akin to the source material is what resulted in splitting it up. All I know (I think) is there is more content there from the book.

Relieved to hear both filmed at the same time.

I can’t stop watching Erivo’s bits in the trailer. She looks STUNNING as Elphaba with the green makeup, the braids and her expressions. Her singing is the cherry on top.

And wow, she actually has chemistry with Ariana Grande. They play well off each other.

I think this could be a BIG hit for Universal. Their musicals tend to click with audiences.
Except for Cats.

But yeah, this is gonna be huge. However, I want both it AND Moana 2 to do well. Barbieheimer proved it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Except for Cats.

But yeah, this is gonna be huge. However, I want both it AND Moana 2 to do well. Barbieheimer proved it doesn't have to be one or the other.

That is an abomination onto humanity. Only worth seeing it with the Rifftrax.

Anyone else got chills when "Defying Gravity" started playing?

Maybe it’s just because of me coming out recently, but, along with the general vibe and story conceit, when that song came up, I got super emotional. Probably because that song is about someone finding themselves and realizing who they really are and seeing their future so clearly for the first time, despite the ever growing odds and so many prejudiced people in the world being against who you are. I know she’s technically supposed to be the future villain of Oz, but it still resonated with me nonetheless.

Whether it’s in theaters or at home, I definitely want to watch this. Also, when I’m fully recovered and finally able to go to a theater and sit normally in a seat again, I definitely want to go check out the actual musical. I’ve always wanted to go see that, so now I have an actual excuse. :oldrazz:

Maybe it’s just because of me coming out recently, but, along with the general vibe and story conceit, when that song came up, I got super emotional. Probably because that song is about someone finding themselves and realizing who they really are and seeing their future so clearly for the first time, despite the ever growing odds and so many prejudiced people in the world being against who you are. I know she’s technically supposed to be the future villain of Oz, but it still resonated with me nonetheless.

Whether it’s in theaters or at home, I definitely want to watch this. Also, when I’m fully recovered and finally able to go to a theater and sit normally in a seat again, I definitely want to go check out the actual musical. I’ve always wanted to go see that, so now I have an actual excuse. :oldrazz:
Well, now maybe people who harped on "Let It Go" will finally understand why that song got so big. The people behind Frozen too major inspiration from this show for Elsa right down to getting the original Elphaba herself to voice her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"