Brutal 2010/2011 winter this year! Get ready!

rodhulk

Superhero
Reaction score
Meteorologists all over seem to be universal in agreement, this winter of 2010/2011 will be brutal for many people throuout Canada and most of the northern US. This should include brutal, record breaking cold and record breaking snowstorms.

If you live in Chicago, Minneapolis, Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Seattle, Portland, and many other cities throughout the GL (great lakes) through the northern plains and the pacific northwest, (and most/all areas in Canada), you are going to probably get hammered with this extreme cold and heavy snowstorms.

This is all due to La Nina which is the opposite of El Nino. A La Nina means a coolder winter with more snow than usual for a large part of Canada and the US. This La Nina seems to be a pretty strong one and there has been some talk of the strongest ever.

There has been significant cooling off in northern Canada and parts of Alaska and this will soon spread through to the southern part of Canada and the US. There is some talk of some really neat things going on with this La Nina and this upcoming winter will be interesting. I expect it all to really begin hitting the areas I named earlier like Chicago, GL, etc... somewhere towards the middle of november and then it should be pretty relentless after that. Some areas in Canada and out in the western US might begin these winter effects in early november but I predict mid to late november for everybody.

It's going to be nasty so get ready! On the bright side, it should give many a white christmas!

Here's a link covering pretty much what I said:

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/34891/winter-2011-heavier-snow-for-c.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"